HAL payment offer,will Princess match?

MudderBear

Hello.  Full disclosure: I have two Alaska cruise/ tour deposits for 2021, one on Holland America, and the other on Princess.  Both are

extremely similiar, albeit the HAL one is a bit more money.  Right now I am leaning more toward Princess, although the Signature Suite in HAL looks far superior to the Princess Mini Suite.

Anyway, we get this letter yesterday from Holland America  and was wondering if Princess will issue anything similar:

We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming cruise! In appreciation, we invite you to participate in a very special offer. Between now and May 31, you can choose one of the following ways to receive up to US$250 onboard spending money to treat yourself to specialty dining, spa services, gift shop purchases, beverages and more. If you pay in full, you can also receive 10% discount on your already-booked cruise:

Make an installment toward your booked cruise and receive up to $250 onboard spending money.

• For a $250 installment, receive US$50
  • For a $500 installment, receive US$125
  • For a $750 installment, receive US$250

Sign up for our payment plan, using EZPay, and receive US$250 onboard spending money per booking. Spread out your cruise balance into equal, interest-free monthly payments, with no additional fees.

Pay for your booked cruise in full to receive a 10% discount plus US$250 onboard spending money per booking. Buy and save now, and enjoy something special later — a massage, champagne cocktails or perhaps a dinner in our elegant Pinnacle Grill.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Hello.  Full disclosure: I have two Alaska cruise/ tour deposits for 2021, one on Holland America, and the other on Princess.  Both are

extremely similiar, albeit the HAL one is a bit more money.  Right now I am leaning more toward Princess, although the Signature Suite in HAL looks far superior to the Princess Mini Suite.

Anyway, we get this letter yesterday from Holland America  and was wondering if Princess will issue anything similar:

We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming cruise! In appreciation, we invite you to participate in a very special offer. Between now and May 31, you can choose one of the following ways to receive up to US$250 onboard spending money to treat yourself to specialty dining, spa services, gift shop purchases, beverages and more. If you pay in full, you can also receive 10% discount on your already-booked cruise:

Make an installment toward your booked cruise and receive up to $250 onboard spending money.

Sign up for our payment plan, using EZPay, and receive US$250 onboard spending money per booking. Spread out your cruise balance into equal, interest-free monthly payments, with no additional fees.

Pay for your booked cruise in full to receive a 10% discount plus US$250 onboard spending money per booking. Buy and save now, and enjoy something special later — a massage, champagne cocktails or perhaps a dinner in our elegant Pinnacle Grill.

Your thoughts?

Some hotel chains are doing this too to generate money by offering all kinds of incentives on future bookings.....CCL needs cash flow money and probably why we have received no refunds.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Your thoughts?

My thoughts?  Desperate for cash now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

My thoughts?  Desperate for cash now.

No more or less desperate than Pruncess ... just more creative in trying to get cash in the door

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Schonert said:

Princess has offered an OBC if we rebook Alaska by end of May

We had an Alaska 14 day cruise leaving May 16th which was of course cancelled.  We also have received offers to get $150 per person if we rebook.

Our original booking was $500 per person cheaper, we got two perks.  The new booking offers no perks and the price is higher and their $300 OBC does nothing for me.

Really just a desperate attempt by the cruise company to get cash in advance of the final payment date.  And the provided onboard credit will cost them nowhere near the dollar amount.  But buyer beware - if CCL were to declare bankruptcy you would most likely lose all funds you had paid them.  

• Like 3

Until I receive my refunds for three canceled cruises, I would have a hard time shelling out any more hard cash for any future cruises at this time.  Although, this does look like an honest effort to obtain some revenue to get some of the refunds going ... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Until I receive my refunds for three canceled cruises, I would have a hard time shelling out any more hard cash for any future cruises at this time.  Although, this does look like an honest effort to obtain some revenue to get some of the refunds going ... 

Ditto!!

• Like 2

we were avid HAL travellers until shortly after Carnival took them over.  In the ensuing years friends who travelled on HAL were not that thrilled with it.

All that said, recently had friends on the Zandam ship that had all the corona virus problems.  They were healthy and so HAL transferred them from an oceanview cabin to a balcony mini suite at 0 cost.  Even tho they saved a fortune, they most of all credited with the way they were treated with the crew of HAL.  They loved it.

My husband and I are now considering another HAL cruise.

On a very personal note, I would prefer the HAL signature suite as having been in Princess mini suites I was extremely  unimpressed.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful time when you finally get to go.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, roxievegas said:

We had an Alaska 14 day cruise leaving May 16th which was of course cancelled.  We also have received offers to get $150 per person if we rebook.

Our original booking was $500 per person cheaper, we got two perks.  The new booking offers no perks and the price is higher and their $300 OBC does nothing for me.

Make sure you compare apples to apples.  The new standard pricing for Princess includes the Drink Package, Pre-paid gratuities and unlimited wifi.  If you want those perks removed, you need to request Princess Savor Pricing.

I prefer Princess to Holland for Alaska.  I enjoyed the Puppies in the Piazza and all the onboard special activities.  Also, I enjoy the production shows and Holland is moving away from the shows.  However, I do like the new Classic Rock Club on the Nieuw Konsingdam and Nieuw Statendam.