Booking Engine ?

The Carnival booking engine will not allow me to pull up July 2020 to search a cruise out of Miami, I am booked July 4th however the website hasn't been updated since April 13th which shows my sailing is still on. Anyone know what's going on ?

5 minutes ago, lbtnewcruiser said:

The Carnival booking engine will not allow me to pull up July 2020 to search a cruise out of Miami, I am booked July 4th however the website hasn't been updated since April 13th which shows my sailing is still on. Anyone know what's going on ?

They made it where you can’t book cruises in June and July to control inventory in case they have to sail with a lower number of guests/crew. Your cruise is still on but nobody else can book it right now.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They made it where you can’t book cruises in June and July to control inventory in case they have to sail with a lower number of guests/crew. Your cruise is still on but nobody else can book it right now.

I was actually hoping that meant they were cancelling. We were a group of 6 and the 5 others are all bailing out and cancelling, I made the unfortunate mistake of booking a non refundable rate

Just now, lbtnewcruiser said:

I was actually hoping that meant they were cancelling. We were a group of 6 and the 5 others are all bailing out and cancelling, I made the unfortunate mistake of booking a non refundable rate

I think they will eventually. But not yet. This is the same thing they did before they canceled cruises through most of June. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think they will eventually. But not yet. This is the same thing they did before they canceled cruises through most of June. 

ok, thanks very much for the response, fingers crossed to reschedule

Of all of the cities that are available to select when searching for August 2020, all cruises are gone from Baltimore, Barbados, Barcelona, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, San Juan, Sydney, Tampa, and Venice.  Only Galveston, Miami, Port Canaveral, and Seattle show availability.

Carnival is saying they removed them to control capacity, but that is also what happened a few days before they made the announcement to cancel cruises previously. With the CDC 100 Day No Sail Order on until July 24, I don’t see any cruises sailing until after that. Even then it will probably only be 1-2 ships on 2-3 day itineraries to their private islands at first. I don’t see any cruise line starting all sailings again as soon as they start and risking a chance of another outbreak and having to shut down again. It will probably take several months to get back to a full schedule and some ships may be retired if demand isn’t strong.

8 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Carnival is saying they removed them to control capacity, but that is also what happened a few days before they made the announcement to cancel cruises previously. With the CDC 100 Day No Sail Order on until July 24, I don’t see any cruises sailing until after that. Even then it will probably only be 1-2 ships on 2-3 day itineraries to their private islands at first. I don’t see any cruise line starting all sailings again as soon as they start and risking a chance of another outbreak and having to shut down again. It will probably take several months to get back to a full schedule and some ships may be retired if demand isn’t strong.

Than you , seems very logical