Guess The First Itinerary to Sail (No Betting)

I think the Cabo Mariner trip is a no-brainer, either Oct 5 or 22.  Good first cruise (is Mariner still in Oakland?)  The November Nav trip looks like a good bet too.

I wonder about the Mariner SA circle as well, L.A. to Miami starting on October 29th.

There are sailings for August.  The area that currently has the most problems (Covid-19) is in Brazil so I don’t see ships going there for a while .

It isn’t so much when the ships will sail but what countries will open their doors to ships. with passengers from the U.K. and U.S.  At the moment, we are not showing that we have coronavirus under control.

Hoping for first sailings to be in August or September and likely will be on Explorer or Splendor.  

• Haha 2

Same reason I don't see a "normal cruise on the current schedule" until Spring. I think the first ones that go out will be super-controlled as the downside is so high...and I don't think the UK wants a ship full of Americans there after seeing our news (people ignoring social distancing - not the other stuff).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Same reason I don't see a "normal cruise on the current schedule" until Spring. I think the first ones that go out will be super-controlled as the downside is so high...and I don't think the UK wants a ship full of Americans there after seeing our news (people ignoring social distancing - not the other stuff).

Pcardad...
I trust your opinions.
Do you think that Splendor will do it’s  normal sailing on November 28th. Miami-Miami?

Just want to know your thoughts. Thanks 

Sheila 

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Did everyone see Crystal's schedule?  Five and six day cruises.  One ship in Caribbean and other going with short cruises Med to Asia.  

First cruise line to put out full ship schedules with starting in October.

Marc

9 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad...
I trust your opinions.
Do you think that Splendor will do it’s  normal sailing on November 28th. Miami-Miami?

Just want to know your thoughts. Thanks 

Sheila 

This is my opinion only and not worth very much but I think it is much more likely that it will sail rather than one to south America or Europe, etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pcardad said:

This is my opinion only and not worth very much but I think it is much more likely that it will sail rather than one to south America or Europe, etc.

Thanks. I appreciate your opinion. I think it will sail but maybe with a slightly changed itinerary, which I really don’t care. Nine nights on the Splendor, no matter where, sounds great!

sheila

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 8:38 PM, Pcardad said:

I am beginning to think you are right, no cruises until next spring.  I think we will learn a lot more at the Carnival conference call next week but I can't see NCLH being the first one out of the box; too much risk.  

Marc,  You are so wrong.  I guarantee that the Splendor will sail December 21, 2020 for the Christmas/New Years Caribbean cruise.  I have to believe this with all my heart because I was unable to sail on the Panama Canal Splendor cruise and this is where we put our cruise credit.  It will sail. It will sail. It will sail.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, scuba diver said:

Marc,  You are so wrong.  I guarantee that the Splendor will sail December 21, 2020 for the Christmas/New Years Caribbean cruise.  I have to believe this with all my heart because I was unable to sail on the Panama Canal Splendor cruise and this is where we put our cruise credit.  It will sail. It will sail. It will sail.....

Thank you!!!  I sure hope I am wrong and you get to sail on a wonderful itinerary.

Marc

We were booked on the November 28 Splendor, but because of the “list”, I thought it would not sail. So we canceled and booked a Crystal “bargain” cruise. 
I really do not believe that will sail either. 
so now our hopes are on our February Splendor cruise🤞🤞🤞🤞.

sheila

I'm beginning to think that it will be 2021 before cruising begins other than for a few short test runs not far from the embarkation port. That prediction assumes that we don't have a significant fall/winter return of COVID-19.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

I'm beginning to think that it will be 2021 before cruising begins other than for a few short test runs not far from the embarkation port. That prediction assumes that we don't have a significant fall/winter return of COVID-19.

Sadly I fear pappy is correct, even though we are booked on the Voyager from Buenos Aires to Lima in January 2021. Hard to see the ports opening up before this, how are the airlines going to work, few are now contracting fast. Equally how they will get the crew to the embarkation point. Cruises will not be multi-national, US citizens are not going to be allowed into Europe for a while, NZ and Aussies are not allowed to travel and the states is out for most Europeans

• Like 2

All cruises on the Regent website through till the end of November are now shown as "waitlisted". 

First cruises shown with pricing & availability are:

Mariner - Dec 05, 2020

Splendor - Dec 07, 2020

Navigator - Dec 10, 2020

Voyager - Jan 19, 2021

☹️ ☹️ ☹️

• Like 1

Regent Reassurance is only for purchases by 31 July.  I expect major Regent announcement prior to that date that might include some short close to home itineraries (such as offered by Crystal) late this fall.  Airlines (at least Delta) have used that same 31 July date so I am sure there is a lot of scrambling going on.  As I am still holding onto a non-refundable flight on Delta for 5 October (end of Vancouver to LA cruise) I am waiting with bated breathe to see what Delta comes up with.  As for Regent, I am still hopeful for 7 Dec Splendor but I really don't think there will be any cruises this year (especially cruises longer than a week).

Marc

7 minutes ago, greykitty said:

Just found over Hurtigruten's Health & Safety website vis a vis their cruises - I was actually looking for current reviews as I thought they had at least one sailing under their belt - although I thought no one could get off the ship.

https://global.hurtigruten.com/practical-information/health-and-safety/#what-we-expect-from-you

Interesting.  Masks onboard are optional even for staff, and physical distancing to only one metre (3 feet instead of 6). Fever scanning upon boarding. Enhanced requirements for Svalbard only (not sure why.)

It's a good example of a doable itinerary--an enlightened, modern state, well-controlled excursion situations, low occupancy, good cleaning protocols, timed dining.  Not sure about the mask thing though.  And the one metre.

I wonder if that's because those are longer voyages, in a more remote location without quick access to immediate advanced healthcare?

They will operate six- to 15-day voyages on the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard.

59 minutes ago, greykitty said:

I wonder if that's because those are longer voyages, in a more remote location without quick access to immediate advanced healthcare?

They will operate six- to 15-day voyages on the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard.

Right, you must be right, makes perfect sense!