The next new ship for Marella

Seeing that Celebration has now left the Marella fleet (and personally I don’t think Dream is far behind) is it possible they could replace these 2 older ships with one newer one?

I think the most likely option being a Discovery 3 or Explorer 3. I know that a Explorer 3 would be the Mein schiff herz but which ship do you think they could use as a Discovery 3, as I don’t think there are any others completely identical to the other 2, in the Vision class? Which ship do you think RCL will transfer (eventually)?

If RCL decide they want to get rid of some of their older ships from their direct fleet we could see a transfer sooner rather than later, what are people’s thoughts. And which ships do you reckon could make their way to Marella 

2 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Personally I think they will operate with the 4 ships for a while, it's going to take s long time for cruising to get back to what it was.  

I agree but as TUI will also have spare ships Mein Schiff Hertz is a superior ship to Explorer 2. Hertz is the same size as Explorer but Explorer 2 is smaller and IMO is just not as good as Explorer. TUI. They chose Mercury rather than Century for a good reason.

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I agree but as TUI will also have spare ships Mein Schiff Hertz is a superior ship to Explorer 2. Hertz is the same size as Explorer but Explorer 2 is smaller and IMO is just not as good as Explorer. TUI. They chose Mercury rather than Century for a good reason.

I agree, and Herz would be a great addition to the Marella fleet. TUI may want to move her across sooner rather than later if they are seeing demand fall. 

Do you think this is more likely than another Discovery (3)?

Herz is supposed to be arriving in 2022 anyway, Rhapsody of the seas is the other one I think is coming. Still they will both be 25 years old and heading for the knackers yard by the time Marbella get them.

Edited by anchorweight

1 minute ago, anchorweight said:

Herz is supposed to be arriving in 2022 anyway, Rhapsody of the seas is the other one I think is coming. Still they will both be 25 years old and heading for the knackers yard by the time Marbella get them.

Will be interesting to see if they bring that forward. Rhapsody of the seas would make a good Discovery 3. Either of these ships I wouldn’t be surprised if get transferred to TUI earlier than planned so they can get rid of the Dream as well as the celebration. 

Has any one noticed that the Explorer 2 dosent sail again after April 2021, i only found out by chance by trying to book the return transalantic for April 2021 

Marella are only operating the 2 Discoverys, Explorer and the Dream in 2021, and for  some reason bined the Explorer 2, if anything i would have thought they would have binned the Dream, as usual Marella are keeping there cards close to there chest. 

1 minute ago, freedom2009sco said:

Has any one noticed that the Explorer 2 dosent sail again after April 2021, i only found out by chance by trying to book the return transalantic for April 2021 

Marella are only operating the 2 Discoverys, Explorer and the Dream in 2021, and for  some reason bined the Explorer 2, if anything i would have thought they would have binned the Dream, as usual Marella are keeping there cards close to there chest. 

It got announced today that Explorer 2 will be sailing from Dubrovnik instead of Naples instead of 2021. These itineraries have just not been updated onto the website yet I believe. I would have thought that Dream will be the next to leave the fleet

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, anchorweight said:

We may recall the transformer fire on Discovery in Dec '19, which caused reduced speed, missed ports and extra sea-days. Ok any ship can break down, even brand new ones but the 'goodwill gesture' of £250 suggests that Marella was cash strapped pre-Cov 19.

If they do add pre knackers yard ships to their fleet, courtesy of Carnival, RCI etc., will TUI be able to afford the customary lick of paint and new carpets? For the next year or two, I'll be looking at the more expensive lines, those with a better customer relations record than Marella.