Singapore Disembarkation question

cvhatton

My wife and I are looking at booking a NCL cruise out of Singapore and had a question on regarding booking our return flight back. Our ideal flight back is on Singapore Airlines that departs at 0925 and I read it's roughly a 30 minute taxi ride from the port to Changi, so if we disembarked right at 0700 do you think that would be sufficient time (rushed, but sufficient)?

Thanks

2 hours ago, cvhatton said:

My wife and I are looking at booking a NCL cruise out of Singapore and had a question on regarding booking our return flight back. Our ideal flight back is on Singapore Airlines that departs at 0925 and I read it's roughly a 30 minute taxi ride from the port to Changi, so if we disembarked right at 0700 do you think that would be sufficient time (rushed, but sufficient)?

Thanks

Definitely not enough time. Once berthed the ship still needs port clearance to disembark passengers and even if you were first off there could be delays at Customs and Immigration. It is not uncommon for a second ship to be in port at the same time which could increase your waiting time for a taxi. Spend a night in Singapore and go home at 9:25 am the next day.

11 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

Definitely not enough time. Once berthed the ship still needs port clearance to disembark passengers and even if you were first off there could be delays at Customs and Immigration. It is not uncommon for a second ship to be in port at the same time which could increase your waiting time for a taxi. Spend a night in Singapore and go home at 9:25 am the next day.

And spend another day in interesting Singapore. Absolutely worthwhile.  (After todays world problem).

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the info.

Unfortunately we can't stay another day. We have to board our puppies and try and board them the least amount of time as possible (everyday counts). We will be arriving a day early though to check out Singapore.

Did find a flight on Cathay should work for us that leaves about 1300.

Am really looking forward to this one. 3 days in Yangon. So might take a quick flight up to Bagan and overnight.

• Like 1