Cruise Refund

We were booked on a Norway cruise in June with Princess and cancelled on 4 March. I received my full refund about 20 April, so it took about 7 weeks. But I think I just beat the rush on cancellations. 

I was meant to be on Ovation’s transpacific leaving April 20. No refund yet, though at least one Aussie on the same cruise reported he got his refund Friday. So that’s something.

I booked through an online oz cruising website and am a little concerned, because I received an email a week or two ago from Royal saying my FCC had been sent to my travel provider. Other people got the same, and yet others got an email saying their refunds were being processed. I requested a refund on 25/3 following the travel providers instructions exactly, and am worried they haven’t requested it to Royal on my behalf, meaning the whole waiting game will start again.

They are uncontactable and haven’t updated social media since 15/3. The lack of communication is bothersome, it would take 2 minutes to update social media with a “we’re still alive” post. Just radio silence at this point.

41 minutes ago, Tigerlily75 said:

I was meant to be on Ovation’s transpacific leaving April 20. No refund yet, though at least one Aussie on the same cruise reported he got his refund Friday. So that’s something.

I booked through an online oz cruising website and am a little concerned, because I received an email a week or two ago from Royal saying my FCC had been sent to my travel provider. Other people got the same, and yet others got an email saying their refunds were being processed. I requested a refund on 25/3 following the travel providers instructions exactly, and am worried they haven’t requested it to Royal on my behalf, meaning the whole waiting game will start again.

They are uncontactable and haven’t updated social media since 15/3. The lack of communication is bothersome, it would take 2 minutes to update social media with a “we’re still alive” post. Just radio silence at this point.

Very worrying.

58 minutes ago, Tigerlily75 said:

RC in a press release said,because of the large amount of refunds is taking extra time,

6-7 weeks but I’ve reports of longer.

That agent is usually very good but we are in trouble times .

On 5/4/2020 at 10:34 AM, jland said:

The TA we booked with, the company who are the 1st to cruise, told us it would take them 12 weeks to refund our money once they had received it from Cunard. Amazing, as you can imagine we are delighted with their speedy service, not.

We also booked our cruise  with the above group, which was due to have sailed yesterday...and yes we received the same answer from them as you...we opted for the refund rather than FCC, very quick to take our money and painfully slow in giving it back it would seem.

1 hour ago, pmcl said:

We also booked our cruise  with the above group, which was due to have sailed yesterday...and yes we received the same answer from them as you...we opted for the refund rather than FCC, very quick to take our money and painfully slow in giving it back it would seem.

This company will never get a booking from us again. We understand they cannot do anything to speed up refunds from cruise lines but once they have received the refund is it unbelievable that it takes them 12 weeks to refund passengers.

Just an update: we received our refund into the credit card overnight. Came in 5 payments but all added up to the full amount we paid. So relieved.  We requested the refund on 15th March so it took 60 days.

11 minutes ago, Cruzbear24 said:

Just an update: we received our refund into the credit card overnight. Came in 5 payments but all added up to the full amount we paid. So relieved.  We requested the refund on 15th March so it took 60 days.

Which cruise company, may I ask? Did you book direct or through a TA? Just checked my CC and no credit. I requested a refund on the 14th March.

We got our OBC this week as well, that makes it close to 120 days post cruise.

We also received our FCC for a cancelled cruise in April, which is around 30 days.

Both from Princess, still waiting on some refunds.

They are processing them, some lines quicker than others but it is happening.

Celebrity. May 11th Hawaii to Vancouver cruise.

I got the Excursions from this cruise refunded yesterday. Hopefully the TA has got a refund as well.

Others in the roll call seem to be getting cruise refunds as well.

As I said in the roll call. If All The TA's are getting their customers refunds back in small chunks, it is going to take ages to put it all together and to start refunding people.

Edited by peter1956
Added Celebrity

14 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Which cruise company, may I ask? Did you book direct or through a TA? Just checked my CC and no credit. I requested a refund on the 14th March.

Booked direct with Royal Caribbean. 

Plenty from my April 20 Ovation cruise have received refunds in the last few days. However, not those of us who booked via an online oz cruising website who remain completely and utterly uncontactable. The debacle continues. 

Royal has told me to call them back on the 27th if I haven’t heard from the company and they will deal with me directly. They told a fellow passenger that even they can’t contact said company and therefore they won’t release our refunds to them.. 

Fingers crossed Royal will be true to that and will be able to refund us directly. I understand it’s a big deal to break the contract with a travel agency, but no one can contact them. I’ve contacted everyone I can think of to ask if they are still in business, AFTA: not a member, CLIA: no longer a member. 

I got fed up and made a report to the ACCC. Even in unprecedented times, they need to communicate with their clients. And can a company just shut down and not even tell anyone? Frustration is high right now! 

I am still getting emails from an oz cruising website advertising deals so they appear to be still looking for business. A bit of a worry if they are still trading but not fulfilling their obligations.

Yes! Me too.

They should not be taking money from anyone right now. What happens I wonder if someone tries to book a cruise with them right now? It’s the one email address they use for everything and they are certainly not responding to my emails.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, MicCanberra said:

We got our OBC this week as well, that makes it close to 120 days post cruise.

We also received our FCC for a cancelled cruise in April, which is around 30 days.

Both from Princess, still waiting on some refunds.

They are processing them, some lines quicker than others but it is happening.

Good news for you. So, if you got yours 120 days post cruise that means my ROBC must be coming soon, I'm 107 days out.😀

11 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

Good news for you. So, if you got yours 120 days post cruise that means my ROBC must be coming soon, I'm 107 days out.😀

Hopefully, ours was 120 days but there were quite a few public holidays in that so who knows how many actual business days it was.

Good to see some refunds coming in.  I’m still waiting, for Princess and travel agent who is less than interested.

have had no problems getting through to Princess just keep telling me it’s in the system 

I received my refund today for Ruby Princess April 4 sailing - the cruise fare plus credit card surcharges. Princess rep told me I will receive the rest owing to me (shorex, tips etc) as 4 individual refunds shortly (I hope)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

I received my refund today for Ruby Princess April 4 sailing - the cruise fare plus credit card surcharges. Princess rep told me I will receive the rest owing to me (shorex, tips etc) as 4 individual refunds shortly (I hope)

That is great news. Hopefully our 15 Apr 20 cruise will be refunded soon. Did you book direct or with a TA?