Cruise Refund

Just out of interest ......

We have received our FCC on the base cruise fare from Princess (cruise cancelled 13/4 for a sailing on 14/3- we got 225%) and for 2 B2B HAL cruises that should have sailed on 22/3 and 5/4 that were cancelled by HAL on 15/3 and we got 125% on each of those cruises plus $250 OBC each for both cruises.

My question is- has anyone received their taxes/port charges back? We booked through an online agency and apparently the refund is sent by the cruise companies to the online agency and then they reimburse you to your credit card that you used to pay for your cruise. 

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same "boat" as us, as none of us are on a "boat" at the moment, (I know- a boat has oars, so you can insert ship instead if you want too 🤣🤣)

Thanks,

Jenny

I am thinking that the Carnival Corp  cruiselines are refunding based upon cruise departure date - and not cancellation date. This past week I have noted some people with cruises which were meant to depart in March saying that they have received refunds. This makes my May departing date ( cancelled in february) still with possibly months to go before receiving any refund 

11 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I am thinking that the Carnival Corp  cruiselines are refunding based upon cruise departure date - and not cancellation date. This past week I have noted some people with cruises which were meant to depart in March saying that they have received refunds. This makes my May departing date ( cancelled in february) still with possibly months to go before receiving any refund 

Agree.

13 hours ago, bazzaw said:

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Agree.

Bazzaw  still nothing for our Cunard 15/3 unfortunately 😩

14 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Strangely, I got a call more than a week ago from my TA to say that the refund for my July cruise is now available. I had only paid the deposit before the sh.. hit the fan about COVID so there wasn't much to be refunded. Today I chased up Princess EZair refund for my international flights. After a run-around and long waits on the phone, I was told the full amount will be refunded immediately. Payment for my hotel in London is supposed to be non-refundable, and I was told a month ago that I would get nothing, but that I should ask again in June. The booking is through QANTAS Hotels. I asked today🙂. I intended to challenge this one through my credit card on the grounds of 'non-supply', but I was told that the whole lot will be refunded within two to three business days. I am really happy about these wins because I don't want credits. We don't know when international travel will be open again, and by the time it does, I might be 'past it'.

We have another cruise to get a refund on. It was on 7th April and we have paid the full amount (35 night to Hawaii). Today they said I should phone them again next month. Obviously this one involves more money than the others and we have asked for a refund, not future cruise credit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, resordanis said:

Bazzaw  still nothing for our Cunard 15/3 unfortunately 😩

I don't think any Cunard customers have received funds yet - Princess customers seem to be being handled the best. 

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

I don't think any Cunard customers have received funds yet - Princess customers seem to be being handled the best. 

Hi Folks

Nothing from my April 1st QE cruise as yet either

And Virgin says they will not refund ..... 

Aint this fun ! 

Regards

John

5 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

Nothing from my April 1st QE cruise as yet either

And Virgin says they will not refund ..... 

Aint this fun ! 

Regards

John

Did you cancel your Virgin flight? We cancelled our Virgin June flight from Melbourne and received a refund of both cash and points. Qantas is another story concerning our flight to Perth in early June. We received a credit voucher but they have refunded our points. 

Leigh

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

Did you cancel your Virgin flight? We cancelled our Virgin June flight from Melbourne and received a refund of both cash and points. Qantas is another story concerning our flight to Perth in early June. We received a credit voucher but they have refunded our points. 

Leigh

It should have read Qantas have not refunded our points. 

Leigh

16 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Yeah, if you paid with points they refunded, because really they have the points either way! So may as well put it back in your regular FF account. And they give the extra cash because that's usually a small amount e.g. $20, so not worth fiddling over in the scheme of things.

But for those who bought tickets normally, there have been no refunds. They're just held as credit. This is in line with government requirements.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Yeah, if you paid with points they refunded, because really they have the points either way! So may as well put it back in your regular FF account. And they give the extra cash because that's usually a small amount e.g. $20, so not worth fiddling over in the scheme of things.

But for those who bought tickets normally, there have been no refunds. They're just held as credit. This is in line with government requirements.

My credit from Qantas was the full amount of cash I paid,  $500, but no refund of points. (See post 60 above your post).

Leigh

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

My credit from Qantas was the full amount of cash I paid,  $500, but no refund of points. (See post 60 above your post).

Leigh

Was referring to your Virgin comment: "We cancelled our Virgin June flight from Melbourne and received a refund of both cash and points. ", since your comment was replying to a comment only about Virgin.

Edited by The_Big_M
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 2:26 AM, The_Big_M said:

I was told by Qantas that they were refunding the whole amount I paid for my flights (B'ne to London and New York to B'ne) and not charging cancellation fees. I did not use points. I booked through Princess EZair so I had to cancel through them. After a long wait on the phone, they said they would refund the whole lot without fees. If it goes as promised 😁 I should get the refund next week. I don't want to be stuck with a credit not knowing if or when I can use it. I was very pleased with the promise of a full refund, but I won't count my chickens until they appear in my bank statement.😁

17 hours ago, Armchair Cruiser said:

We chose Option 2.    Received cheque for full refund of money paid for our March 23 Northern Qld cruise on Monday.  Future cruise credit in our Cruise Personalizer.    Booked the same cruise on November 29. 

Is that the one from Melbourne? 

I was booked on Nth Qld Golden Princess 23rd March but so far nothing.

Yea    Checked my Princess account today and the FCCs are finally there for my March 23rd cancelled cruise.  Still missing the $604 for port fees and taxes etc.  If they don't show up in my bank then will have to contact agent to see if he has them.  I booked the cruise directly with Princess and paid the deposit but then handed it over to an agent to get a discount.

Now I can put them toward a cruise I have booked for February.  Checked that one yesterday and some strange OBC has shown up in credits.  $50 pp for "Onboard Credit Promotion" and $50 pp for "Special Cruise Sale Offer".  Didn't book onboard and there was no obc with the original booking so wondering if it has something to do with the cancelled cruise.  That had a complimentary champagne breakfast as part of the booking so maybe it is in lieu of this.  Who knows. 

Happy happy happy

Received our full refund for a P&O cruise due to depart on 22nd May 2020 that was cancelled on 29th March, onto our credit card yesterday.

Still no taxes/port charges from Princess and HAL for cancelled cruises on 13th March.

OzKiwiJJ- has you Sapphire Princess Circumnavigation cruise in September been affected by the next lot of cancellations announced by Princess on the 1st June??? Such a great cruise. They say "All cruises in and out of Australia departing 29th August-21st September" have been cancelled and they mention Sea,Majestic,Sun and Sapphire.

I hope not for your sake 🤞🤞

Jenny

I'm actually not sure, Jenny. The overall statement lists cruises though to 21st September but the detailed list of cancelled cruises doesn't include the 19th September Sapphire departure from Sydney.

I'd love to have that one go ahead but I suspect the Australian governments will still be avoiding having cruise ships here then.

Anyway we used an FCD as a deposit and final payment is still around six weeks away so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. 

Princess are very diplomatic. Their reason for the current wave of cancellations for our region is "the Australian Government's approach to managing the resumption of cruising in the Australian region". I'm not sure whether to 🤣 or 😪.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess are very diplomatic. Their reason for the current wave of cancellations for our region is "the Australian Government's approach to managing the resumption of cruising in the Australian region". I'm not sure whether to 🤣 or 😪.

Best of luck for your cruise going but don't forget to come back and give us a running commentary.

24 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Best of luck for your cruise going but don't forget to come back and give us a running commentary.

Thanks. I will if it goes ahead but I can't see the Australian governments changing their minds by then.

Interestingly I just looked at some all inclusive Australian resorts. Over $11000 for two for 7 nights. 😲 I'm paying that for 30 nights (drinks package included) in an inside cabin on Sapphire. OK the accommodation might not be as fancy in a cruise ship inside cabin but the scenery changes daily.

• Thanks 1