Cruise Refund

19 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I have been told we should have the refund for our Easter cruise by the end of the week. 🤞 🤞 🤞 

Tell me Gut, how does one get a definite answer like that ?

I made enquires after waiting impatiently for more than 3 months concerning my 

out of pocket expenses and had no joy whatsoever, sounded like she was reading a script and pretending to “find your details”
rung the Sydney number.

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

out of pocket expenses and had no joy whatsoever, sounded like she was reading a script and pretending to “find your details”
rung the Sydney number.

Cheers Carole

One of the few cruises I have used a TA, got an email this week asking for account details rang with details, said the money would be in my account this week. Giving the kids their fares, ours may go on a new wheelchair.

14 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Your a good Dad.
I had used a TA but as we were sort of left in Perth had to deal with this myself,guess I will just keep waiting.

Cheers Carole

I was spending the money on them anyway so no loss to me, other than not getting a cruise with us all together just yet, and one got married so can use the $$$ the other had a trip to Europe for research cancelled, but hopes it goes ahead next year, so no loss to me but they can really use it, I just wish it was more, but my income has taken a massive hit during shut down.

• Thanks 1

we have been chasing refunds since February for 2 B2B cruises on the Constellation both of which were cancelled. We used a TA but they are being stonewalled as well. Out of frustration I emailed Lisa Luttoff-Perlo the Celebrity CEO and have been promised resolution by tomorrow. We will see what develops

• Thanks 1

I have spoken with member of the Celebrity Leadership team about my refund. They are wanting a Non Disclosure agreement before refunding my money but if that is all it takes then bring it on

On 6/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, Elorac123 said:

rung the Sydney number.

Cheers Carole

The refund for out of pocket expenses from a shortened cruise will be seen as a much lower priority than a refund for a cancelled cruise. I am in the same boat. (literally!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

The refund for out of pocket expenses from a shortened cruise will be seen as a much lower priority than a refund for a cancelled cruise. I am in the same boat. (literally!)

Don’t see why,It is still money spent that you no longer have and it wasn’t my intention to fly from Perth to Brisbane, chose the cheapest price possible and touched down at some in Godly hour.

Could have flown at earlier time but didn’t want to claim too much.

Cheers Carole

After 18 weeks I finally have confirmation today, after emailing them on April 30th demanding to know where it was, that I will receive my refund in 3-5 business days from that oz TA. I cancelled on feb 5th, before covid and for a non covid reason. Bloody ridiculous it’s taken this long but happy to finally be getting my money back. 

Are there any here who have received Cruise fare refunds (not refunds of prepaid tours, dinners, etc) through any other means than reimbursement to a credit card account?? I am thinking of those who booked probably through a TA and paid the cruise fare direct to the TA in some form. Apparently CUNARD in the UK is bypassing TA's by paying cheques direct to passengers. My TA is I am sure  operating on the belief that refunds will be paid to the TA for disbursement, which is apparently the usual  procedure whn a passenger cancels a cruise. 

3 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Are there any here who have received Cruise fare refunds (not refunds of prepaid tours, dinners, etc) through any other means than reimbursement to a credit card account?? I am thinking of those who booked probably through a TA and paid the cruise fare direct to the TA in some form. Apparently CUNARD in the UK is bypassing TA's by paying cheques direct to passengers. My TA is I am sure  operating on the belief that refunds will be paid to the TA for disbursement, which is apparently the usual  procedure whn a passenger cancels a cruise. 

My partial refunds too date have been paid two ways. My deposits which I paid direct have been paid direct back to me. I paid the balance through my TA and so far my partial refund has been returned via my TA and I am advised that the balance will be returned via the TA. Where I see an issue arising is the TAs commission. What part of that am I going to see. I can see further issues surrounding such things being taken up with my Travel Insurance company. It will also be an indicator how much the TA wants future business from me as to what he charges me for cancellation fees. He is hurting alot over COVID 19 so we may have to have some discussions regarding this matter.  

It appears that different jurisdictions pay suppliers differently. In the USA I am informed TA pay the cruise line using the clients credit card details and the cruise line then pays the TA the commission. Here in NZ we pay the TA the full fare, they deduct their commission and then pay the cruise line the balance using their  financial system hence refunds come back to them.

Different strokes for different folks.

I had a river cruise booked with Avalon  out of Amsterdam this August through my TA, she received notice on 

the 13th May that the cruise was cancelled and that our deposit could be refunded or take a new cruise next year.

I told the TA i would take the refund and got an email a few days latter saying our refund is being processed, thought that will take forever to get back.Then got an email from TA on 27th May saying it has been refunded, checked bank statement on 28th and yes it was all there ever cent of it.So i was happy with that result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I paid for my South Pacific cruise via direct deposit to the TA’s bank account and after waiting 18 weeks for the refund they emailed me yesterday to say it’s been processed and will take 3-5 business days to hit my bank account (same one I used to pay the cruise fare) but it was in my bank before 7am this morning. 

• Like 1

We have been given a credit by Alaskan Air - valid to Feb 2021 which is useless since Alaskan cruise season doesn't start til May and won't be rebooking for 2021 anyway.

Still waiting for deposit refund from Princess booked direct and cancelled 20 March for August cruise.

We are still waiting for our refund from Emirates for our flights to Europe, we had a choice of refund or 

a credit to use next year, took the refund but they said could be up to 90 days before getting it.

2 hours ago, lisalila said:

I paid for my South Pacific cruise via direct deposit to the TA’s bank account and after waiting 18 weeks for the refund they emailed me yesterday to say it’s been processed and will take 3-5 business days to hit my bank account (same one I used to pay the cruise fare) but it was in my bank before 7am this morning. 

Thanks for thta - what cruiseline was that ? P&O?

I  have had the credit for the paid for cruise which was cancelled (October) and they returned the future cruise letter  I have had the future cruise letter for the March cancelled cruise returned and the TA had it extended for the 2 years so we could use it to book our next cruise.   I am waiting for the money refund for the October cruise which the TA aid is on the way but the last future cruise letter although only 2 years old  I  have been told is out of date and they have returned the money (THEY HAVE NOT) so now TA  asking them to extend it so I can use it for a cruise I am booking this week.   They are a little over the 60 days expected  but do seem to get going although each Princess staff give different replies

1 hour ago, qbay46 said:

We are still waiting for our refund from Emirates for our flights to Europe, we had a choice of refund or 

a credit to use next year, took the refund but they said could be up to 90 days before getting it.

Did you book direct with them as I am having trouble getting a reply from the agent I used for my flight and Emirates say I have to deal through the agent - I have now masked my credit card to chase them

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Thanks for thta - what cruiseline was that ? P&O?

No problem. It was Carnival Splendor 22/3/20 cruise. Originally when I canceled by phone to Oz on Feb 5th they said 4-6 weeks for refund then covid happened and cruises were being cancelled. I emailed them on April 30th demanding to know why I’ve had to wait this long when others who canceled after me have already received their refund. 18 weeks later I finally got it today. 

Edited by lisalila

Winbsor26,

I book direct with Emirates and when I rang them they said yes I could get

a refund and sent me the link to fill out. Yes if you booked through a TA they said 

you have to go through them to get a refund, I didn’t so I could lodge the form for a refund.

My refund took another twist yesterday. The Head Office have referred my case back to one of the many departments handling refunds after advising me that the refund had been approved an indicated that it was forthcoming subject to agreeing on the amount due. I hope that this about face will not hold it up. We have had promises before all of which have come to nothing.

We are awaiting .....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my refund for our NCL cruise Dubai to Rome (due to sail 18/3, and cancelled by NCL 13/3- 2 days before we were due to fly to Dubai) I booked direct with NCL Australia and it was credited to my CC today (so 90days)

Very happy 🙂

Tanya

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stki said:

Finally got my refund for our NCL cruise Dubai to Rome (due to sail 18/3, and cancelled by NCL 13/3- 2 days before we were due to fly to Dubai) I booked direct with NCL Australia and it was credited to my CC today (so 90days)

Very happy 🙂

Tanya

Congratulations Tanya.