Repatriation Plans Announced for Crew Members to get home

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Harmony has joined Anthem at the Coco Cay pier - I guess it's easier to swap crew while docked.

image.png.cb40a063f270dfd03798e15f12230674.png

Interesting, I heard on Captain Kate’s livestream that they couldn’t dock at Coco Cay because they are adhering to Bahamian law🤷‍♂️ And some interesting facts that RCL don’t actually own the island and they are just leasing it... I suggest following her on IG, she does some quite informative live streams 

11 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

And some interesting facts that RCL don’t actually own the island and they are just leasing it

The Captain should stick the maritime issues - RCI owns Coco Cay.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I mean she said it was a 99 year lease or something, I’m not sure if they are available to rewatch but it was done a couple of days ago 

On 5/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was thinking the same. Some not leaving until June. Manila is now in lockdown including the airport. 

Once these crew finally make it home, how long will it take to bring enough crew back???

Big price staff from Philippines have to pay for RCL executives taking weeks to sign the unchanged CDC documents which they could have signed weeks ago. But no point in singling out RCL, all cruise companies treat non-white staff as if they are running 18th century plantation.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 9:18 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was thinking the same. Some not leaving until June. Manila is now in lockdown including the airport. 

Once these crew finally make it home, how long will it take to bring enough crew back???

From what I gather, initial reaction from many is "never". But once temper cools down and desperation of practical life kicks in , I am sure many will have no choice but to return. For crew who has been with RCL for multiple contracts, process can be expedited (if needed) but there are still many factors (such as visa) out of control of the cruise companies.

Earlier experts were talking about second wave to be around end of the year or early next year.

Because of this ill-advised rush to reopen, most ID experts are now call it third wave with second wave expected in summer. Hopefully, their fear turn out to be wrong, otherwise cruising will be one of the last thing on any one's priority list.

Just a supposition on my part, but...If RCL knows that it can only sail a limited schedule this summer and fall (i.e. no Alaska; no Pacific; no Europe), wouldn't it make sense for them to send home sufficient crew to both "empty" and "park" the ships that would have been doing those itineraries, and then re-deploy the remaining crews to staff those ships that they expect to be sailing this summer and fall?

On 5/4/2020 at 12:02 PM, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article242443236.html

Seems like Fain & his exec troops are ducking and dodging again.

Note that the CDC says it is "disappointed" with cruise lines ... And that "their answers  not aligned with the public health needs" .... and that it only barely stops short of using the word "liars" ...

None of the speaks well CLIA's work, Fain's attitude or RCI's chances to catch any regulatory breaks in the future. Stockholders really bonused this guy with $14 million and he's too cheap to get his crew home safely when the world is watching?

Easy.

Posters on CC threads do not like management of these company criticized.

I had two posters kept arguing nonstop that CDC was trying to force these executives to regulate crew AFTER they reach their home countries!!!

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

And some of us to complain about deck chairs and buffet lines.

RCL does NOT own island they call Coco Cay.  Its on lease. 

By the way, legally speaking, Coco cay does not even exist. Its a name used by RCL.

Edited by hal2008

4 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

Easy.

Posters on CC threads do not like management of these company criticized.

I had two posters kept arguing nonstop that CDC was trying to force these executives to regulate crew AFTER they reach their home countries!!!

hal2008 - Indeed, there's a small group of attack dogs on CC that are utterly remarkable: They consistently defend the mega-millions execs of foreign corporations, and consistently blame passengers/customers/critics/observers/government/the media on every topic. 

I've seen it play out for years. You really don't see it elsewhere in life; there are no cheering squads for MLB owners, concert promoters, insurance execs. Would almost make a cynic wonder if some of these posters had some agenda. 🙀 

On 5/4/2020 at 7:26 AM, mac_tlc said:

The way I read it, the company executives would be  held accountable, up to and including imprisonment, if the crew used any public transportation or did not comply with other restrictions. I assume this could include any quarantine that their home country may impose. Holding the executives accountable for what the crew may or may not do once they get home seems extreme. 

mac_tlc

Why would you assume that?

Do you really think CDC has any jurisdiction or even desire?

Instead of calling out executives when they are totally immorally wrong, why try to create lies just to find something to defend them.

Executives signed same CDC documents weeks later is clear acknowledgement of their bad faith.

36 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

And some of us to complain about deck chairs and buffet lines.

RCL does NOT own island they call Coco Cay.  Its on lease. 

By the way, legally speaking, Coco cay does not even exist. Its a name used by RCL.

They absolutely do own it. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1992-12-16-9204240285-story.html

it also mentioned the purchase in one of their annual reports a few years ago. 

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They absolutely do own it. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1992-12-16-9204240285-story.html

it also mentioned the purchase in one of their annual reports a few years ago. 

Wud appreciate a link to some serious document like annual report confirming changing of lease into actual transfer of deed (purchase).

To best of my information (which can be outdated), it is still a lease.

14 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

Wud appreciate a link to some serious document like annual report confirming changing of lease into actual transfer of deed (purchase).

Sorry, i'm not spending the time going through annual reports.  If you don't believe the article and the book that's your right but I would take that as fact over information on Wikipedia any day.

3 hours ago, hal2008 said:

This from the Official Bahamas Website:

Coco Cay.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robtulipe said:

According to the following it is a lease location.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Stirrup_Cay 

You realize that virtually everything on wikipedia is written by readers of wikipedia, and very little of what's on there ever gets vetted by anyone other than other readers. 😉

5 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Why would you assume that?

Do you really think CDC has any jurisdiction or even desire?

Instead of calling out executives when they are totally immorally wrong, why try to create lies just to find something to defend them.

Executives signed same CDC documents weeks later is clear acknowledgement of their bad faith.

Why do you assume that they weren't working with the CDC?  I posted an update from USA Today in which they are working with them.  Just because the Miami Herald quoted someone, doesn't mean that they didn't work with them without his knowledge.  yeah, I am sure you think I too am one of those people.

Royal Caribbean CEO outlines plan to get crew members home, calling it 'incredibly complex'

Royal Caribbean, in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has made a plan to repatriate its crew members back to their respective home countries – including those from the U.S. – as the coronavirus pandemic lingers.

4 hours ago, grneyes said:

Anthem is going to India   in a week or two

My point was (a) Anthem has to be in Europe for her dry dock and (b) Anthem is meant to be sailing from U.K. this season... so what is the point of sending a similar sized ship, Freedom which does not need to be in Europe and is not scheduled to be sailing from Europe...

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

so what is the point of sending a similar sized ship, Freedom which does not need to be in Europe and is not scheduled to be sailing from Europe.

Maybe Anthem gets the best mileage of all the ships and the extra capacity over Freedom is needed.

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

My point was (a) Anthem has to be in Europe for her dry dock and (b) Anthem is meant to be sailing from U.K. this season... so what is the point of sending a similar sized ship, Freedom which does not need to be in Europe and is not scheduled to be sailing from Europe...

It’s certainly an interesting question. Also why send Empress and Majesty as long as freedom🤷‍♂️ Surely they could have sent Explorer (or similar) instead of those 2?  Unless they are amending future plans for any of these ships...