Time for NCLH financial-related posts?

Here’s the issue, Vaccinated people are getting COVID, they just aren’t getting extremely sick and that’s good for them. However, these same people are spreading the disease as illustrated by this data: “Of Singapore's 1,096 locally transmitted infections in the last 28 days, 484, or about 44%, were in fully vaccinated people, while 30% were partially vaccinated and just over 25% were unvaccinated, Thursday's data showed.” I don’t know where this is going but as more data comes in about the spread of this new variant, we may see significant policy changes (seeing that already in some countries and states) and that does pose a potential risk to the financial well being of the cruise industry. 

From a New York Times article..."Dr. Haley said 90 percent of Covid-19 patients were unvaccinated and 5 percent were not fully vaccinated. The remaining 5 percent were vaccinated but also had significant comorbidities or were on immunosuppressant drugs."

So it seems that in the USA, where most Regent passengers come from, 95% had not been vaxxed or fully vaxxed. 

IMO, worst case scenario is a restructuring but I don't see us being near that point yet. There will always be cruising.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/some-florida-hospitals-have-more-covid-patients-than-ever-before/ar-AAMtVxH

Edited by Pcardad

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Follow the stock price and dilution; bankruptcy declaration is near. 

Lol, not quite.

Earlier this month, Norwegian reported its third-quarter numbers. It said that although it's not quite profitable yet, with 40% of its capacity operating again by the end of the quarter and 57.4% occupancy rates, it's on track to reach a "crucial inflection point" in the first quarter 2022 with operating cash flow turning positive. And it said it will become profitable again in the second half of 2022.  

But before any of that happens, Norwegian Cruise Line is going to need a bit more cash to tide it through the bad times.

To that end, Norwegian announced yesterday that it will be selling at least $800 million worth of exchangeable senior notes due in 2027 (i.e., debt), and perhaps as much as $920 million worth if underwriters exercise their overallotment options.

On the one hand, much of this new cash will be used to roll over existing higher-interest debt -- just under $500 million worth of senior secured notes due in 2024 and senior secured notes due 2026, paying interest rates of 12.25% and 10.25%, respectively.    

But Norwegian said it will be using the rest of the cash (as much as $420 million worth) for general corporate purposes.

4 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Does that mean that my cruises for 2022 will be ok? 

Sheila, I have 324 nights booked on regent of which 125 are fully paid; obviously I think regent will be around for years to come. 

marc

I have Regent cruises booked that I"m looking forward to. I own a little bit of NCL stock that's still up ok. But I didn't buy it to make my big bucks. I already have $750 OBC for our upcoming voyages.  But the bottom line is none of that is relevant to me.  Just a little bonus.   Enjoying the expected experience is. 

So I don't care if they file bankruptcy as long as they still sail through my bookings. If they cut back on what's been said on the boards, I won't book them further.  lol

However we sailed Admiral Cruises shortly before they filed B many years ago and still enjoyed that cruise.  That's my bottom line.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I have Regent cruises booked that I"m looking forward to. I own a little bit of NCL stock that's still up ok. But I didn't buy it to make my big bucks. I already have $750 OBC for our upcoming voyages.  But the bottom line is none of that is relevant to me.  Just a little bonus.   Enjoying the expected experience is. 

So I don't care if they file bankruptcy as long as they still sail through my bookings. If they cut back on what's been said on the boards, I won't book them further.  lol

However we sailed Admiral Cruises shortly before they filed B many years ago and still enjoyed that cruise.  That's my bottom line.

I forgot to add that if they fail to sail, my trip insurance will kick in

• Like 1