Norwegian Cruise Line May Go Out of Business

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe if Sidney, Melbourne, Perth, Dunedin, Hobart, Napier, Wellington, Auckland, etc, don’t want cruise ships and the tourists they bring in, they are free to close their ports to cruise ships anytime. Direct your harbor masters to refuse docking inquiries. Simple Enough, Push on!

Ah, ok

10 hours ago, Fam_Cruise said:

When final payment is due, just tell them to expect your FP within 90 days...  

Will  not play well with them.  All a one way street, their way.  Just canceled a T/A because we will not pay for 90 days and they said no, needs to be now. Would not give us the extra time.   Looks like an empty ship will sail.  Their loss.  

2 hours ago, Mura said:

Paul, There is a young llama in Belgium who may be able to help you.  According to a NY Times article today she has antibodies for various Coronaviruses including this one.  If you're not a subscribe you probably won't be able to access it.  If so, and you want to see it, email me privately and I'll send you the article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/science/llama-coronavirus-antibodies.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_200507

Mura

Mura,

Thanks for that great reference - very interesting.

Maybe my next pet should be a llama instead of a Labrador.🙂

33 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Mura,

Thanks for that great reference - very interesting.

Maybe my next pet should be a llama instead of a Labrador.🙂

Labs are probably less work than a llama ... but then a Lab doesn't have those antibodies!

Mura

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What was the name of that zombie movie where the vaccinations end up starting the apocalypse?

Maybe you're talking about "World War Z" with Brad Pitt?

My DIL is an intelligent woman, successful and fun to be around. Yet she's a zombie FREAK. I don't get it.

Several years ago she asked me to accompany her to that movie. She knows I detest this stuff, so maybe it was actually a DIL-MIL thing.

In World War Z the vaccine was a success. The zombies became dormant after a lot of gore which I mostly sat out in the lobby for. The movie reminded me a lot of "Snakes on a Plane" with Samuel L. Jackson.

Fingers crossed for a zombie vaccine or Samuel L. Jackson to eradicate this scourge.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Haha 2