Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MMastell said:

I received the refund for my Antarctic cruise on 5/28. It was three weeks to the day I cancelled my cruise.

Can you please share the date of the cruise embarkation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Dear JPH814 -

     I also love data and am fascinated by what you have created with this spread sheet.  I have twice suggested to people on Facebook on the various Seabourn pages that they should add their information to this “work of art”.  
    What are your thoughts to the possibility that Seabourn is also looking into the level of loyalty and prioritizing those with the highest level of loyalty above those with lesser levels?  The airline certainly uses this system when issuing   upgrades.  Just a thought.  I’m sure others will weigh in as I’ve learned this is not a shy crowd.

     Also, let me add another cruise of mine that was cancelled.  Nov 7, 2020.  Cancelled on May 6, 2020.  We are waiting for our refund in FCC plus 25%.   

    Today is Day 75 that we are waiting for our first cruise cancellation refund.....

I have thought about the possibility of loyalty status level playing some roll in the issuing of refunds.  It is possible.  Frankly, if I were in charge, I might take that quietly into consideration.  At least, I am sure that there is some subjectivity in some cases.  It could be the "squeakiest wheel" or someone who has had a lawyer correspond.  Or it could be a customer who books directly with Seabourn vs through a travel agent.   I could see a customer who has been on many, many cruises who knows, and is known by,  some corporate staff at Seabourn.  It would not surprise me that they might get some preferential treatment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Dear JPH814 -

    

     Also, let me add another cruise of mine that was cancelled.  Nov 7, 2020.  Cancelled on May 6, 2020.  We are waiting for our refund in FCC plus 25%.   

 

let me understand....are you waiting for a cash refund or  for notification that a FCC equal to 125%  is in your account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cash refund for our 7/18/20 cruise which we cancelled before the penalty phase on 3/16/2020....and FCC credit (+25%) for our 11/7/20 cruise which was cancelled on 5/06/2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mauzac said:

 

I was told completely the opposite by SB UK last week.  They explained to me that the FCD I used for this cancelled cruise can be reused for another cruise when I book.  But that I have to make sure I tell the TA that the FCD is there to be used...

Interesting to get conflicting info from SB Corporate (US) vs. SB UK.  I wonder if the UK has different policy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whystayhome said:

I have also had no problem transferring a FCD from a cruise I cancelled to another cruise.

 

Hmm, another potential deviation from policy...

 

When did this happen?  And did you already have another cruise for the FCD transfer (instead of getting the FCD reinstated and then applying it to a subsequent booking)?  If the former case, perhaps SB will make an exception if they see another booking already on record?  Just a guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wire said:

Amazing....we canceled our Antarctic cruise scheduled for 12/20/2020 on March 22. We had only put down the initial deposit. It has now been 71 days of silence from Seabourn. Doesn’t seem to be much logic in how they are approaching refunds. Status apparently does not buy you anything.

It would have been much more fun to have met you on this cruise, rather than on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JPH814 said:

I have thought about the possibility of loyalty status level playing some roll in the issuing of refunds.  It is possible.  Frankly, if I were in charge, I might take that quietly into consideration.  At least, I am sure that there is some subjectivity in some cases.  It could be the "squeakiest wheel" or someone who has had a lawyer correspond.  Or it could be a customer who books directly with Seabourn vs through a travel agent.   I could see a customer who has been on many, many cruises who knows, and is known by,  some corporate staff at Seabourn.  It would not surprise me that they might get some preferential treatment

 

Just for info we are one of the lucky ones who have been refunded and loyalty did not play a part with us. We have only sailed on Seabourn once before. We weren't 'squeaky' at all, just hoped the refund would come through and sent one chasing email which happened to coincide with our refund having been put through the day before We did book direct with Seabourn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi can you add me to your list.

booked Seabourn Quest sailing 5 April Manaus to Miami

Emailed TA - SixStar - on 26 March opting for 100% cash refund

excursions refunded within days

emailed TA for update a week ago and was informed I would not hear anything before 26 June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Remember66 said:

Hi can you add me to your list.

booked Seabourn Quest sailing 5 April Manaus to Miami

Emailed TA - SixStar - on 26 March opting for 100% cash refund

excursions refunded within days

emailed TA for update a week ago and was informed I would not hear anything before 26 June

Welcome and thanks for the information.  It will be interesting to see if your TA is correct.  90 days seems like an outlier to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Cash refund for our 7/18/20 cruise which we cancelled before the penalty phase on 3/16/2020....and FCC credit (+25%) for our 11/7/20 cruise which was cancelled on 5/06/2020.

just curious - what kind of communication are you waiting for regarding the FCC credit?  If you were to put a deposit on a cruise today, are you sure they would not just apply the FCC to the balance?

Edited by JPH814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

90 days seems like an outlier to me.

Not for me 🙂

Cancelled 2/27 and still waiting for a tax refund.

Got an air change refund (requested also on 2/27) but in FCC instead of refund to CC which I am contesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paulchili said:

Not for me 🙂

Cancelled 2/27 and still waiting for a tax refund.

Got an air change refund (requested also on 2/27) but in FCC instead of refund to CC which I am contesting.

I think it reasonable to believe that the process for Tax Refunds, Air Change refunds, excursion refunds are following different processes than those getting refunds for their cruise fares.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

I think it reasonable to believe that the process for Tax Refunds, Air Change refunds, excursion refunds are following different processes than those getting refunds for their cruise fares.  

Yes, you are correct but....

You haven't posted the full chart showing those refunds for awhile but IIRC they came earlier than cruise fare refunds.

In fact, my excursion refunds came within a week or two after cancelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise date: 8/12

cancel booking date: 4/5

Deposits refunded: 6/1

 

cruise date: 5/23

seabourn cancels: 4/14

fare refund requested: 4/15

excursions refunded: 5/22

”in the queue for refund”: 6/1

 

booked direct with Seabourn 

status: Diamond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jcrobinson48 said:

Cruise date: 8/12

cancel booking date: 4/5

Deposits refunded: 6/1

 

cruise date: 5/23

seabourn cancels: 4/14

fare refund requested: 4/15

excursions refunded: 5/22

”in the queue for refund”: 6/1

 

booked direct with Seabourn 

status: Diamond

Thank you

May I ask - are you in the US or not?

Edited by JPH814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is the latest update - with a few additions (including one who has been refunded.

 

  As of Date: 6/2/2020        
  Cruise Fare Cruise  Date Refund Request  Date  Refund Received Date Days since Request Request to  Refund
n Daliowner  3/11/2020 3/12/2020 5/31/2020   80
  Flaminjune 3/14/2020 2/24/2020 5/13/2020   79
n Sueweldon 3/14/2020 3/15/2020 5/23/2020   69
u jkwestlake 3/21/2020 3/27/2020   67  
n Zimflyer 3/22/2020 3/17/2020 5/10/2020   54
n Rambo Trout 3/22/2020 2/27/2020 5/12/2020   75
  Happyhoppies 3/22/2020 3/17/2020 5/23/2020   67
n Sunburned Tongue 3/22/2020 3/9/2020 5/31/2020   83
u cruzluvers 3/22/2020 3/9/2020   85  
  Twinkles 3/28/2020 3/15/2020 5/18/2020   64
n rgaudet 3/28/2020 3/15/2020   79  
u TV24 3/28/2020 3/15/2020   79  
n Mauzac 4/5/2020 3/14/2020   80  
n Scottie920 4/5/2020 3/16/2020   78  
n remember66 4/5/2020 3/26/2020   68  
  canadalin 4/8/2020 3/15/2020   79  
  Teamflames 4/15/2020 3/10/2020 5/25/2020   76
n Sunburned Tongue 4/17/2020 3/9/2020 5/23/2020   75
  SF Voyage 4/17/2020 3/9/2020 5/24/2020   76
u Hencol 4/20/2020 3/31/2020   63  
n Mauzac 4/20/2020 3/30/2020   64  
u Marazul 4/22/2020 4/2/2020   61  
n astride 4/29/2020 3/30/2020   64  
u swaxxy 4/29/2020 3/30/2020   64  
  DC Traveler 5/2/2020 4/13/2020   50  
u mhf 5/6/2020 3/26/2020 5/21/2020   56
u Bobal 5/6/2020 3/11/2020 5/24/2020   74
u Mark56 5/9/2020 3/16/2020   78  
n Astride 5/16/2020 4/15/2020   48  
u DFW 5/23/2020 4/16/2020   47  
u jph814  5/23/2020 4/17/2020   46  
u Zelker 5/23/2020 4/15/2020   48  
u Jcrobinson48 5/26/2020 4/15/2020   48  
  DuffyMcDuffy 5/31/2020 4/14/2020   49  
n ON Cruiser 5/31/2020 4/14/2020   49  
u Flyfishingwidow 6/3/2020 4/15/2020   48  
u Wyattsaubt 6/6/2020 4/15/2020   48  
  MTN1 6/23/2020 4/13/2020   50  
  crudoll 6/27/2020 4/15/2020   48  
  JRS51 6/27/2020 3/25/2020   69  
  Wire 6/27/2020 4/16/2020   47  
  Hoosier74 7/18/2020 3/18/2020 5/29/2020   72
u Jodiandfrank 7/18/2020 3/16/2020   78  
u Westport 7/18/2020 4/3/2020   60  
  Foyt 7/25/2020 3/23/2020   71  
u Whystayhome 7/31/2020 5/6/2020   27  
u Jcrobinson48 8/12/2020 4/5/2020 6/1/2020   57
  labate 8/14/2020 5/7/2020   26  
u Clou 9/16/2020 3/27/2020   67  
u TV24 10/3/2020 5/7/2020   26  
u Whystayhome 10/24/2020 5/6/2020   27  
u Not Jaded 12/20/2020 3/20/2020   74  
  Wire 12/20/2020 3/22/2020   72  
u Clou 12/22/2020 4/13/2020   50  
  Average         70.5

 

           
Edited by JPH814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JPH814... (st curious - what kind of communication are you waiting for regarding the FCC credit?  If you were to put a deposit on a cruise today, are you sure they would not just apply the FCC to the balance?)
We used our Returned FCD from our 7/18/2020 cancelled cruise toward the deposit.  Our TA said we have to wait for Seabourn to process the FCC plus 25% and we will most likely put it towards this new cruise.  So far they have not processed it.  Originally we owed $398 toward the deposit, but the cruise dropped in price and the new deposit was less, so nothing out of our pocket (which worked out well because I told my TA I was not giving Seabourn anymore more money at this point in time!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JodiandFrank said:


We used our Returned FCD from our 7/18/2020 cancelled cruise toward the deposit.  Our TA said we have to wait for Seabourn to process the FCC plus 25% and we will most likely put it towards this new cruise.  So far they have not processed it.  Originally we owed $398 toward the deposit, but the cruise dropped in price and the new deposit was less, so nothing out of our pocket (which worked out well because I told my TA I was not giving Seabourn anymore more money at this point in time!)

 

I see.  And I am not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand.

So at this point, I guess you would expect a revised invoice showing the new amount due (if any) after the FCC was applied.  But it seems this would not really be an issue until it is time to make the final payment (or book excursions).  I guess this is a bit of  "if a tree falls in the forest" kind of thing.  How do you know the FCC has not been applied to your account if you have  not tried to use it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at 60 days today. I emailed my TA yesterday, and she said Seabourn said I should have it within the next two weeks. That's after I have an email from her and Seabourn that it would take up to 60 days. Now it has changed to 60 business days. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to the order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wesport said:

I am at 60 days today. I emailed my TA yesterday, and she said Seabourn said I should have it within the next two weeks. That's after I have an email from her and Seabourn that it would take up to 60 days. Now it has changed to 60 business days. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to the order. 

Unless the rhyme/reason was always 60 business days, just badly/inconsistently  communicated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

I see.  And I am not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand.

So at this point, I guess you would expect a revised invoice showing the new amount due (if any) after the FCC was applied.  But it seems this would not really be an issue until it is time to make final payment (or book excursions).  I guess this is a bit of  "if a tree falls in the forest" kind of thing.  How do you know the FCC has not been applied to your account if you have  not tried to use it?  

Actually what is required is paperwork from Seabourn in writing showing the amount of the FCC as well as the terms and conditions surrounding use of the FCC's.  You see the terms of the FCC vary all over the place and in the case of canceling before Seabourn cancels, the terms of using the FCC has changed in writing on the Seabourn website several times and the terms affecting the FCC we are awaiting is nowhere to be found.  

 

The new Cruise with Confidence terms and conditions do not recognize FCC for non refundable deposits after penalties kick in.  So simply haveing a dollar amount of FCC on ones account is absolutely useless without knowing the length of the validity of the FCC and what cruises the FCC can be used on.

 

A huge failure by Seabourn in administering what has been posted several different ways on the website and now is completely gone from view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, notjaded said:

It would have been much more fun to have met you on this cruise, rather than on this thread.

The same, would have been great fun. 

 

So get this, another couple that was traveling with us on the Antarctica trip canceled a few days after we did. They have no status and received their refund, which was also just the deposit, in about 4 weeks. We are Diamond and have been waiting well over 70 days. We also had another trip booked that Seabourn canceled and still waiting on that payment as well. Moral of the story at least for us if we ever book Seabourn again, it will only be one trip at a time and we will certainly limit our financial exposure in airfare, hotels, excursions, etc which can be booked safely anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cruise that I canceled was the 1/13/21 Antarctic cruise. It was my 1st Seaborne cruise and received my refund in about 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...