Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

We are at 85 days and everyone else on the list for the 3/22 ( and several for later cruises) have gotten their refunds.  When I talked to Seabourn last week, they said we should get it one week.  ???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email from my TA yesterday saying she once again called Seabourn and they told her my full cash refund was processed on 5/29 back to my credit card. So far nothing has showed up. Hopefully soon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

I finally emailed my TA after waiting 60 days and this is what she wrote back. Pardon me if I'll believe it when I see the money hit the CC account. If it "may take a few weeks" then it wasn't processed. But maybe I'm being too pessimistic. 🙂

 

I'll update if we get the refund. 

 

Mark

 

 

 

Hi Mark,

 

Thank you for your email message.

 

I checked with Seabourn today, the refund was processed yesterday, 6/1/20 to your Visa ending xxx.

 

Depending on your credit card processing times, it may take a few weeks to show up on your statement, but the good news is = it’s been processed. 

 

Warm wishes,

Laura 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After my TA called Seabourn yesterday to confirm the refund status, I decided to also email Seabourn. They told her I would see in within two weeks. I emailed this am, and they thanked me for my patience and told me I am in the queue. Also that refunds were being issued by sailing date not by the date that you personally cancelled. Not quite sure they know what they are doing. We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, wesport said:

After my TA called Seabourn yesterday to confirm the refund status, I decided to also email Seabourn. They told her I would see in within two weeks. I emailed this am, and they thanked me for my patience and told me I am in the queue. Also that refunds were being issued by sailing date not by the date that you personally cancelled. Not quite sure they know what they are doing. We shall see. 

Absolutely not true. I cancelled a cruise for November, 2020 and that refund has been received.  I cancelled it in March.  Talk to three people at any cruiseline and you get three different answers.

Edited by cruisr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wire said:

The same, would have been great fun. 

 

So get this, another couple that was traveling with us on the Antarctica trip canceled a few days after we did. They have no status and received their refund, which was also just the deposit, in about 4 weeks. We are Diamond and have been waiting well over 70 days. We also had another trip booked that Seabourn canceled and still waiting on that payment as well. Moral of the story at least for us if we ever book Seabourn again, it will only be one trip at a time and we will certainly limit our financial exposure in airfare, hotels, excursions, etc which can be booked safely anywhere. 

Did your friend’s refund come from Seabourn. A credit card dispute, or TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did your friend’s refund come from Seabourn. A credit card dispute, or TA?

I know this is not directed at me, but I find the question confusing. Don't all refund come from Seabourn? There may be a question:"did you file a dispute with the credit card company?"

As for TA - I have not heard of any of them refunding cruise fares.

What is your point?


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JPH814 said:


I know this is not directed at me, but I find the question confusing. Don't all refund come from Seabourn? There may be a question:"did you file a dispute with the credit card company?"

As for TA - I have not heard of any of them refunding cruise fares.

What is your point?


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to confuse you. I'm afraid that has happened on multiple occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, notjaded said:

Did your friend’s refund come from Seabourn. A credit card dispute, or TA?

They booked directly with Seabourn, as we did. They did not file a credit card dispute and the refund went directly to their card. They are US based.

 

New news....Talked to Seabourn yesterday and they indicated our refund was processed on May 28. They even confirmed it in an email we received today. No sign of it on our CC however. We shall see........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wire said:

They booked directly with Seabourn, as we did. They did not file a credit card dispute and the refund went directly to their card. They are US based.

 

New news....Talked to Seabourn yesterday and they indicated our refund was processed on May 28. They even confirmed it in an email we received today. No sign of it on our CC however. We shall see........

Thanks for sharing that good news!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, JPH814 said:

Can you please share the date of the cruise embarkation

 

Cruise embarkation was to be 1/13/2021. Cancelled 4/9/20 and received refund to CC on 5/25/20.

 

Take care,

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

slight correction to my booking   cruise dep May 5 but cancelled on March 11 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled October cruise on Ovation  on April 9 and  received deposit refund on May 30.

We went Amex  credit card dispute  route on Uniworld June trip and received all monies for that trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MMastell said:

Cruise embarkation was to be 1/13/2021. Cancelled 4/9/20 and received refund to CC on 5/25/20.

 

Take care,

Mike

While happy for Mike why should I still be waiting for a refund for my March 28 2020 cruise that was cancelled March 15?  
doesn’t seem right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rgaudet said:

While happy for Mike why should I still be waiting for a refund for my March 28 2020 cruise that was cancelled March 15?  
doesn’t seem right. 

Probably because his was a deposit, yours was the full cruise fare, and they are being handled by different persons/teams ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scottie920 said:

Good news guys. Refund received.

when did you see it on your credit card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barcrab said:

We cancelled October cruise on Ovation  on April 9 and  received deposit refund on May 30.

We went Amex  credit card dispute  route on Uniworld June trip and received all monies for that trip.

what was the date of your october cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JPH814 said:

when did you see it on your credit card?

Sorry JPH814. Today 3rd June 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 10 date of cruise. Cancelled cruise April 9 and received credit May 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, barcrab said:

October 10 date of cruise. Cancelled cruise April 9 and received credit May 30.

Congrats! We cancelled our 7/18 cruise on April 3, and nothing yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they throw the reservations up in the air and the one they catch is the refund for the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wesport said:

Congrats! We cancelled our 7/18 cruise on April 3, and nothing yet. 

We cancelled our 7/18 cruise on 3/17 and nothing!  Now in our 12th week of waiting.

Westport - was yours on the Ovation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JodiandFrank said:

We cancelled our 7/18 cruise on 3/17 and nothing!  Now in our 12th week of waiting.

Westport - was yours on the Ovation?

It was the 14 day on the Encore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wesport said:

I think they throw the reservations up in the air and the one they catch is the refund for the day

Post of the Day!

 

On another matter, based upon some of the recent posts, last night I sent an email to Seabourn, requesting a status update. I just received from them a detailed listing of my deposit charges (along with amounts per cc) and a personalized response saying that I should receive my refund in 10-14 days. Not sure that this level of detail is because I submitted a CC dispute, but it was nice to see that someone actually looked into my account.

 

🙂

Edited by notjaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...