Marella’s announcement about re-start

4 hours ago, FIFE1 said:

Jim

Looks even less likely given the information from earlier (1) Health secretary saying foreign holidays doubtful this summer. (2) Spain also doing a quarantine of 14 days. We await further information from Marella

Yes, it doesn't look like there will be many people going abroad this year. I'm not even sure if we'll get a chance to go somewhere in this country; I can see guards at the Welsh and Scottish borders turning us back!

8 hours ago, FIFE1 said:

Jim

Looks even less likely given the information from earlier (1) Health secretary saying foreign holidays doubtful this summer. (2) Spain also doing a quarantine of 14 days. We await further information from Marella

Am no actually really sure when summer is,we can get wind,rain,sleet,snaw,baking sun in any month of the year 😉

Seriously though,yeah read the comments made by HS.

Does it surprise me?No

Will it be the case?I dont think so

Sure going to France is classed as a foreign holiday,we,re free of their quarantine laws and there free from ours..

I,ve been harking on about how is it possible to social distance on a aircraft,well picture and comments in the paper today of a KLM flight from scotland to amsterdam packed like sardines

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/airline-packed-scots-travellers-like-22009494

What I picked out from bumbling boris speech “adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules when in enclosed spaces where possible,if not,wear mask”

Fly on a plane 😉

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

This is on the BBC site this morning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52644291

Selling of unprofitable activities sounds ominous, if Marella can't make a profit is it for the chop?

Marella has been the darling of TUI U.K. & Ireland for a long time bringing in profits. I wouldn’t think it would be in for the chop - the company will continue with its asset rich strategy - it’s own airline it’s own ships it’s own hotel brands (Riu - TUI Blue - Sensatori etc) but cutting costs - I don’t think Celebration was selling well and that’s why they took forward her retirement. Tough decisions - no one wants another Thomas Cook debacle.