What's happening with Marella cruises?

I've just received an email to say my cruise on Marella Celebration in January 2021 has been cancelled with no explanation other than a mention of coronavirus.  if you look on the website they are cancelling loads of sailings well into 2021 - does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks for that information, we were looking to book for January to Caribbean so that’s put a block on that. Don’t want to part with anymore money that might be turned into vouchers.

Just looked at cruise and it’s still being sold .

Edited by Cliffholl55
Found information

42 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - thanks - yes I did eventually find this out thanks.  Even though they've cancelled our cruise, I'm still being asked to pay the second part of the deposit!

Yes, if the cruise gets cancelled they will offer vouchers for next year. I believe you get vouchers if you book direct with Marella and a full refund if you book via a Travel Agent. This is because the TA holds onto the funds on yor behalf.

I digress, the advantage to Marella for vouchers is, it helps to fill the ship's capacity in 2021. The higher the capacity, the higher the price of the cabins. It's possible therefore that a 2020 like-for-like cruise, may increase in price from £1750 pp to £2000pp in 2021.

So a future cruise credit needs to be spent straight away, before the prices rise. Whether ABTA or ATOL protects this FCC value, remains to be seen, if TUI goes tits up.

Interesting discussions - it is very frustrating.  Having been asked for the second part of the deposit for a cancelled cruise, I don't seem to be able to pay it as my booking no longer exists in my account!  I've been trying to get through to someone at Tui all day all to no avail.  I just get a message saying try later or it says the office is closed - our new opening hours are 9 am to 7 pm but as I phoned at 6.30 pm that is very naughty of them.  They have offered a credit voucher but as we've only paid 50% of the deposit it won't get us very far with a new cruise!  We've already had two cruises cancelled this year - we've transferred them both to next year without any problem getting through to the cruise line concerned.  It's a different story with Tui.

Been trying for a week to get through to Tui/Marella - but just get the same message that they are too busy to reply.  it's the same with emails - they don't get delivered.  I must say I find their customer care appalling.  We have rebooked for January - with Princess cruises. 

Just received an automated reminder to pay the top up deposit on my cancelled cruise!!!!  But was able to get through to Tui and speak to someone who advised me to ignore the reminder.  Watch this space!