Cruise with confidence enhanced

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

@Ourusualbeach If I were to utilize Lift & Shift for my July 2020 cruise, supposedly I would keep everything associated with the booking for the next cruise I shift this cruise to.

I am considering moving my July 2020 Oasis cruise to July 2021, again on Oasis.  I have the grandfathered Boardwalk balcony stateroom amenities under the Dine, Drink, Discover offering (JR meal, soda package, and rock climbing). Do you know if those will carry over as well?

It did say perks would carry over but I’m not sure in this case.  

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It did say perks would carry over but I’m not sure in this case.  

Thanks.  In order to use Lift & Shift, must I act before the cruise is cancelled?  This may have been answered so I apologize in advance.

Just now, soremekun said:

Thanks.  In order to use Lift & Shift, must I act before the cruise is cancelled?  This may have been answered so I apologize in advance.

That is unknown  at this time as they have not released guidelines for cancelled cruises. I am hoping you will have 3 options

1. refund

2. 125% FCC

3. L&S

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Regarding flexible cancellation up to 48 hours prior to departure with 100 % FCC of the applicable cancellation fee: Does anyone know if there are additional restrictions on how early I can cancel? A Royal agent just told me I can not cancel before final payment due date. Is this true? I can not find this requirement anywhere. 

That is absolutely incorrect.

15. How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by Cruise with Confidence?

Non-Refundable Deposit bookings are eligible for Cruise with Confidence and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, Non-Refundable Deposit bookings wishing to change to a future, qualifying ship and sail date can do so with no fee assessed if the booking is re-accommodated on-or-before August 1, 2020. Beginning on-or-after August 2, 2020, standard policies apply.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Good question, also I booked August 2020 cruise with non refundable deposit, when doing the Lift and Shift can it be booked(switched to) as a refundable deposit?

Since the booking number stays the same the answer is most likely no. It has always been that you can only go from refundable to non-refundable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RG306 said:

I noticed that too.  It'll be interesting to see if it changes the vibe of the cruise. I opted for Barcelona because I have some companion vouchers to use with WestJet and they offer direct to Barcelona but not to Rome.  I'm also really looking forward to a couple days in Barcelona.

I pretty much believe we can get non-stops to both Barcelona and Rome, from one of the NY Airports.........Just not sure  which we would like a couple of pre or post stays at. How do you decide which is best, we have been to neither?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I pretty much believe we can get non-stops to both Barcelona and Rome, from one of the NY Airports.........Just not sure  which we would like a couple of pre or post stays at. How do you decide which is best, we have been to neither?

HAve you already did the lift and switch?  I have a cruise previously booked out of Barcelona on the Allure and want to switch to Harmony in 2021 out of Rome and they said no has to be the same departure port.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Depends on how much you want to see.  As a port stop you don’t get to experience much of Rome as it is so far away where in  Barcelona you can do a lot more on excursions in the day long port stop.

Personally if flights were equal I would sail out of Rome and spend 3 days there beforehand.  So much to do in Rome.  

if you are just going in 1 day before then Barcelona is easier transportation wise.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  The cabin that was an 8D is now a 4D only because they eliminated the 8D as a category.  It is still the same cabin. 

So when I do the L&S I should be allowed to keep my same cabin even though now it’s a 2D?

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  The cabin that was an 8D is now a 4D only because they eliminated the 8D as a category.  It is still the same cabin. 

And then some unknowledgable rep will read a directive that says you can only move to the same catagory cabin. And that will be the start of a three hour phone call.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And then some unknowledgable rep will read a directive that says you can only move to the same catagory cabin. And that will be the start of a three hour phone call.

They seem like they are all 3 hour phone calls.  Every one of these L&S has to go to a supervisor. 

definitely agree that the reps aren’t informed or are trying to dial back what they offer until they get pushback. 

Just now, Ginlyn said:

We have 8N on Explorer so would a lift and shift be to 2N on Odyssey?  What would Harmony category be? Thanks.

Not sure that they will do that going one ship to another.  The example I was giving was where they eliminated a category on the same ship where you could easily see it was the exact same cabin. 

You  will have to call

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They seem like they are all 3 hour phone calls.  Every one of these L&S has to go to a supervisor. 

definitely agree that the reps aren’t informed or are trying to dial back what they offer until they get pushback. 

I can't help but suspect that many of the newly invented,  and reassigning of, catagories is to give RCI more leverage in saying no to requests for cabin changes unless people are willing to reprice their cruise or lose orimitional perks on the original reservation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't help but suspect that many of the newly invented,  and reassigning of, catagories is to give RCI more leverage in saying no to requests for cabin changes unless people are willing to reprice their cruise or lose orimitional perks on the original reservation.

The cabins were recategorized last fall.  The changes were always scheduled to take place May 2021 and have been active in the system ever since the new itineraries were released last November. 

52 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

HAve you already did the lift and switch?  I have a cruise previously booked out of Barcelona on the Allure and want to switch to Harmony in 2021 out of Rome and they said no has to be the same departure port.

I have not made the switch yet, you can get on the ship in Rome.  Besides the original Explorer of the Seas cruised I booked was Rome to Rome.  Should be a problem changing to that on Harmoney at all, Should be no questions asked.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depends on how much you want to see.  As a port stop you don’t get to experience much of Rome as it is so far away where in  Barcelona you can do a lot more on excursions in the day long port stop.

Personally if flights were equal I would sail out of Rome and spend 3 days there beforehand.  So much to do in Rome.  

if you are just going in 1 day before then Barcelona is easier transportation wise.

That's exactly what we did.  The Rome cruise port is actually in Civitavecchia.  It was a two and a half hour train ride from Civi to Rome so any excursion into Rome requires a minimum of 5 hours just for transportation time.  In Barcelona, you get off the ship and you are right there with a myriad of transportation options and sights to see within walking distance or at worst a short bus ride.  Barcelona was our favorite port of call.  To do Rome right you need a few days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

We have 8N on Explorer so would a lift and shift be to 2N on Odyssey?  What would Harmony category be? Thanks.

We paid $2500 more for our Owners Suite then your Ocean View,  this way for whatever ship we shifted to I knew there would be no questions asked as to what cabin we could switch to. Owner Suites are on every ship no matter what class. Still happy with our overall price for one of these cabins for a Europe sailing.

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's exactly what we did.  The Rome cruise port is actually in Civitavecchia.  It was a two and a half hour train ride from Civi to Rome so any excursion into Rome requires a minimum of 5 hours just for transportation time.  In Barcelona, you get off the ship and you are right there with a myriad of transportation options and sights to see within walking distance or at worst a short bus ride.  Barcelona was our favorite port of call.  To do Rome right you need a few days.

Can you give me time needed to get from Airport to Cruise Ports for both? I assume we could pay RCCL to transportation, is that what most people do? I guess I should be asking these kind of questions on the Port of Call Board and not hyjack this one.

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

We did a lift & shift from the Explorer out of Rome to the Harmony out of Barcelona. 7 night West Med was good enough. Just call back.