Cruise with confidence enhanced

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Ourusualbeach, does the 48 hr price guarentee apply to a cruise booked last February for next January or only to cruises booked after the new policy went into effect? If that is the case it probably would be better for me to cancel and rebook as it would only cost me a little bit more right now but would provide me with much more flexibility.

All currently booked cruises are included, even ones booked 2 years ago

good afternoon all. i have read through all 10 pages and have not yet seen my particular situation mentioned. We have a cruise on Indy of the Seas booked for this September 2020 to both RC islands (CoCo Cay and Labadee). Looking at next August, September and October 2021, Indy no longer has a Caribbean itinerary for 5 nights (only for 4). The ONLY options for a 5 night cruise on any ship from any port to the Caribbean for August, September or October is from Galveston to Western Caribbean on Explorer or Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda and San Juan on Freedom. If I understand the Lift and Shift option correctly, the only choice we would have would be to take the Galveston or Bayonne NJ replacements? Which would not make sense for us as Florida is our departure state of choice for all past and future cruising. We only have $200 non ref deposit until June when final payment would have been due. Thank you!

41 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

A head's up, we are considering the lift & shift for our 10/2020 cruise. We are currently OVB 8D and all I saw was 4D. She and supervisor weren't sure if categories had been recategorized and also wasn't aware of the 4 week b/4, after timeframe to rebook.  Asked me to screenshot it from RC website & send to them lol.  Sure no prob, am I now on RC's payroll 😂.  If we decide to lift & shift me thinks it's gonna entail a bottle of something stronger than beer next to me to get through the process.  🤣

That was common with old Royal Office also. Never up on everything. Was fortunate though as had a Royal PVP for 5yrs. Miss him... Cats are always changing last 20yrs, then with all the adding of Cabins and 3/4 passengers to existing Cabins adding to changes... Miss old days everything was A, B, C, D...O, P. And no numbers

2 minutes ago, BarbsEsq said:

good afternoon all. i have read through all 10 pages and have not yet seen my particular situation mentioned. We have a cruise on Indy of the Seas booked for this September 2020 to both RC islands (CoCo Cay and Labadee). Looking at next August, September and October 2021, Indy no longer has a Caribbean itinerary for 5 nights (only for 4). The ONLY options for a 5 night cruise on any ship from any port to the Caribbean for August, September or October is from Galveston to Western Caribbean on Explorer or Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda and San Juan on Freedom. If I understand the Lift and Shift option correctly, the only choice we would have would be to take the Galveston or Bayonne NJ replacements? Which would not make sense for us as Florida is our departure state of choice for all past and future cruising. We only have $200 non ref deposit until June when final payment would have been due. Thank you!

You would have to call and see what they will do as a similar itinerary isnt available

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only way there has ever been to get a refund is to have the cruise cancelled by Royal.  At least now you can either move it or get all of your deposit returned as a FCC with no penalty.

Did they give any idea of the next round of canceled cruise date would be in the talk today? It's still June something right?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Did they give any idea of the next round of canceled cruise date would be in the talk today? It's still June something right?

Wasn't mentioned at all.  They still said June 12 was sailing which we all know is a load of B...

Yes June 11

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wasn't mentioned at all.  They still said June 12 was sailing which we all know is a load of B...

Doesn't that make your head shake and roll your eyes?

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Yes and no.  They re still sticking with the 30 day rolling cancellations as they've shown they cant even keep up with processing FCC's and refunds for that.  I can't imagine what it would be like if they cancelled more.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

As with everything else in life, managing expectations goes a long way to avoid frustrations. RCI has provided no indication that they'll do anything other than cancel one month at a time - regardless of what other info makes things obvious.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As with everything else in life, managing expectations goes a long way to avoid frustrations. RCI has provided no indication that they'll do anything other than cancel one month at a time - regardless of what other info makes things obvious.

Agree, and as with other lines up til now pretty much same

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

OBC will only carry over if it is from redeployment, next cruise or goodwill OBC.  Everything else is lost.

Hi Ken,

What if I have a Future Cruise Certificate (from issue on previous sailing)?  I have one which needs to be applied to a cruise to be taken by Oct. 1, 2020.    Was going to apply this to a Sept. 1st cruise (refundable Vision BCN crossing to NJ).  Think RC will likely cancel since BCN port will still be closed in Sept.  Final payment is June 4th. 

Confused!  Should I apply this Certificate to Sept. 7 cruise?  Will it be refunded, along with deposit, as an FCC if RC cancels?  or is the Certificate done if I can't use it...    Looks like my next cruise may not be till Oct. 19th or later.

Also, have non-refundable air booked with AirtoSea - if RC cancels - will that we refunded as an FCC?   And my airport transfer would be refunded to credit card right?

Thanks a bunch!

NJ 

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All currently booked cruises are included, even ones booked 2 years ago

Does that include the ability to cancel up to 48 hrs. for an FCC or just the price protection?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes and no.  They re still sticking with the 30 day rolling cancellations as they've shown they cant even keep up with processing FCC's and refunds for that.  I can't imagine what it would be like if they cancelled more.

Is it that or more about the cash flow?

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes

I've been on the phone for 45 minutes...the rep is firm that I cannot go from a Southern to an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. There are no October Southern sailings (DH cannot take November-winter vacation weeks). He put me on hold a few minutes ago. I'm hoping he comes back with a yes 🙂

4 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi Ken,

What if I have a Future Cruise Certificate (from issue on previous sailing)?  I have one which needs to be applied to a cruise to be taken by Oct. 1, 2020.    Was going to apply this to a Sept. 1st cruise (refundable Vision BCN crossing to NJ).  Think RC will likely cancel since BCN port will still be closed in Sept.  Final payment is June 4th. 

Confused!  Should I apply this Certificate to Sept. 7 cruise?  Will it be refunded, along with deposit, as an FCC if RC cancels?  or is the Certificate done if I can't use it...    Looks like my next cruise may not be till Oct. 19th or later.

Also, have non-refundable air booked with AirtoSea - if RC cancels - will that we refunded as an FCC?   And my airport transfer would be refunded to credit card right?

Thanks a bunch!

NJ 

If Royal cancels Non refundable air is directed back to the airline.

Airport transfers are refunded

They may have extended your FCC to 12 Months from original expiry date...I think i saw something on that today...call

If not apply it to a new booking for September that you can then Lift and Shify

7 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

I've been on the phone for 45 minutes...the rep is firm that I cannot go from a Southern to an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. There are no October Southern sailings (DH cannot take November-winter vacation weeks). He put me on hold a few minutes ago. I'm hoping he comes back with a yes 🙂

I would argue that until the end of time.

One of the examples that they gave in the FAQ's was moving a 7 day Explorer August 2020 to a 7 day Harmony in Sept 2021.  Explorer does Rome to Rome while harmony does BCN to BCN, totally different itineraries.

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had to wait about 2 minutes for an agent.  It took quite a few minutes to change everything and then I had to hold while a supervisor waived the price increase, etc.   The only thing I did was change my cabin to a non connecting (yippee!).

Thanks again Ourusualbeach!  Not going to lose my NRD after all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Yep. It's showing on the UK website too. Probably for the first time ever we now have a lot of flexibility in bookings and can re-price as much as we want. Amazing!

Thanks Swoopy and thanks to Ken for patiently answering all our questions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1