Cruise with confidence enhanced

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If Royal cancels Non refundable air is directed back to the airline.

Airport transfers are refunded

They may have extended your FCC to 12 Months from original expiry date...I think i saw something on that today...call

If not apply it to a new booking for September that you can then Lift and Shify

Re air - so to clarify, if RC cancels, I would have to deal with WestJet & hope they are offering a refund voucher (or are still in business).

I will call C&A about extending the Certificate.  

Thanks again!   Think we all you a drink on the next cruise...

NJ 

• Like 1

Just now, NJ&Ozzie said:

Re air - so to clarify, if RC cancels, I would have to deal with WestJet & hope they are offering a refund voucher (or are still in business).

I will call C&A about extending the Certificate.  

Thanks again!   Think we all you a drink on the next cruise...

NJ 

Yes, with non refundable air Royal isn't doing anything to help

There is no substitute for the 5 night Indy to CoCo Cay/Labadee for 2021. So no Lift and Shift option for us. Was on hold for quite a bit while my CSR checked with whomever makes that determination. It's fine. We weren't so keen on committing to cruising even in 2021 right now.

1 minute ago, BarbsEsq said:

There is no substitute for the 5 night Indy to CoCo Cay/Labadee for 2021. So no Lift and Shift option for us. Was on hold for quite a bit while my CSR checked with whomever makes that determination. It's fine. We weren't so keen on committing to cruising even in 2021 right now.

Thanks for the update

2 minutes ago, BarbsEsq said:

I would call again tomorrow, bound to get a different answer.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered: If our final payment is due at the end of May for our Sept. 2020 cruise and we want to lift and switch it to Sept., 2021, will our final payment be extended to May, 2021?

Just now, FionaMG said:

Sorry Ken @Ourusualbeach

I have another quick question I've not found an answer to, if you can help.

If we lift and shift a booking with a refundable deposit, will the new booking still have the refundable deposit? 

Thanks. 

Yes, that is true.  I had that clarified for me this morning, because I wanted to switch from non-refundable to refundable. They said the system cannot handle changing the deposit type on a L&S.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, standard  group bookings are eligible for every part of the CWC

Great.  I was wondering how Lift and Shift may work with a cabin booked under an agency's group rate with refundable deposit .  Sounds like it will be an option available to us if we desire to use it.

Thanks for all the great info here

Edited by Maverick61
  • Like 1

Just in case anyone is wondering what it's like to achieve a 'Lift and Shift' change to your current booking, let's just say it's not going well.  My first attempt was a 10 minute wait, when I got through the operator's headset echoed horribly and totally unintelligible and hung up on me.  Second attempt, slightly better operator headset, and call is still underway 1:15 and counting, been on hold for 1/2 hour waiting for the supervisor to come on and make the change.

18 minutes ago, pcur said:

Yes, that is true.  I had that clarified for me this morning, because I wanted to switch from non-refundable to refundable. They said the system cannot handle changing the deposit type on a L&S.

With a L&S, since the booking number stays the same, it would make sense that you can't go from a non-refundable to a refundable deposit. It has always been that you could only change from refundable to non-refundable on a reservation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustUs275 said:

I've been on the phone for 45 minutes...the rep is firm that I cannot go from a Southern to an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. There are no October Southern sailings (DH cannot take November-winter vacation weeks). He put me on hold a few minutes ago. I'm hoping he comes back with a yes 🙂

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would argue that until the end of time.

One of the examples that they gave in the FAQ's was moving a 7 day Explorer August 2020 to a 7 day Harmony in Sept 2021.  Explorer does Rome to Rome while harmony does BCN to BCN, totally different itineraries.

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

After 90 minutes on the phone (with very poor call quality as someone else mentioned due to their web based phone system), the rep came back and said the Escalation Dept. said my reservation is not eligible for the L&S because there is no Southern Itinerary in October 2021. I argued but to no avail. He said to keep watching and maybe October 2022 itineraries will come out before August 1st. 😞 I may try to call again tomorrow.

Edited by JustUs275

10 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

Just in case anyone is wondering what it's like to achieve a 'Lift and Shift' change to your current booking, let's just say it's not going well.  My first attempt was a 10 minute wait, when I got through the operator's headset echoed horribly and totally unintelligible and hung up on me.  Second attempt, slightly better operator headset, and call is still underway 1:15 and counting, been on hold for 1/2 hour waiting for the supervisor to come on and make the change.

Unfortunately its not the headset.  They are using a web based phone system that can be problematic  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustUs275 said:

After 90 minutes on the phone, the rep came back and said the Escalation Dept. said my reservation is not eligible for the L&S because there is no Southern Itinerary in October 2021. I argued but to no avail. He said to keep watching and maybe October 2022 itineraries will come out before August 1st. 😞 I may try to call again tomorrow.

That is very disappointing.  I would call back in a couple of days.  From what I have read they aren't very well versed in policies as this is all new.  Even with the last CWC within the first week they made changes to catch situations they hadn't thought through

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered: If our final payment is due at the end of May for our Sept. 2020 cruise and we want to lift and switch it to Sept., 2021, will our final payment be extended to May, 2021?

Yes

13 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

This was my experience as well as far as the echo and garbled conversation.  I had gotten through in 5 minutes, but when the operator answered I had the same issue with the call dropping. Second attempt stayed connected and it took a total of an hour and 25 minutes to get through it all due to waiting for the supervisor to be able to complete the change. I will say that the person I was working with was great, kept apologizing for the connection and would check in during the long hold time to assure me that the new dates would be finalized, they were just backed up.  All in all, not a bad experience and I honestly feel bad for those people trying to do calls on that terrible connection, it must add to a very stressful work day for them on top of all the other crap they are probably dealing with.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

This was my experience as well as far as the echo and garbled conversation.  I had gotten through in 5 minutes, but when the operator answered I had the same issue with the call dropping. Second attempt stayed connected and it took a total of an hour and 25 minutes to get through it all due to waiting for the supervisor to be able to complete the change. I will say that the person I was working with was great, kept apologizing for the connection and would check in during the long hold time to assure me that the new dates would be finalized, they were just backed up.  All in all, not a bad experience and I honestly feel bad for those people trying to do calls on that terrible connection, it must add to a very stressful work day for them on top of all the other crap they are probably dealing with.  

Yeah, the operators are trying their best but the system is clearly not sufficient to the task.  I'm happy to report success at 1:32!!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

Yeah, the operators are trying their best but the system is clearly not sufficient to the task.  I'm happy to report success at 1:32!!!

Congratulations!

11 minutes ago, captainannoyed! said:

I did this twice today, once for 75 minutes and once for 85.  It was annoying at the time, but just ninety minutes later I am over the aggravation and really pleased with the results.  The first cruise was going to be cancelled soon anyway (June 15 sailing) and I am paying this year’s price for next year’s cruise that would have been just a few dollars short of double the price.  The second cruise kept the same exact itinerary, but I moved from the Rhapsody to the Oasis for the same price.  A very good day’s work!

Ken, you are the best!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I did this twice today, once for 75 minutes and once for 85.  It was annoying at the time, but just ninety minutes later I am over the aggravation and really pleased with the results.  The first cruise was going to be cancelled soon anyway (June 15 sailing) and I am paying this year’s price for next year’s cruise that would have been just a few dollars short of double the price.  The second cruise kept the same exact itinerary, but I moved from the Rhapsody to the Oasis for the same price.  A very good day’s work!

Ken, you are the best!

You get Oasis for Rhapsody pricing. You should sleep well tonight with that!

• Like 2