Cruise with confidence enhanced

image.png.0d9bcc8b84a86425b7f3875e8bb4e8a9.png I apologize if this question is in here. I booked July 2020, I am paid in full. Was truly hoping we would be able to go. Totally fine with a refund if it got cancelled. I do not want to move my cruise to next year. Really not an option  for me. Two questions: as I understand it, now a refund is not an option??So FCC is my only option and now that won't be at 125%?? 

1 minute ago, Atlantamom3 said:

image.png.0d9bcc8b84a86425b7f3875e8bb4e8a9.png I apologize if this question is in here. I booked July 2020, I am paid in full. Was truly hoping we would be able to go. Totally fine with a refund if it got cancelled. I do not want to move my cruise to next year. Really not an option  for me. Two questions: as I understand it, now a refund is not an option??So FCC is my only option and now that won't be at 125%?? 

Until it gets cancelled that is an unknown.

What I can safely say is that if Royal cancels there will be an option for a cash refund as I believe that they are required to by law

• Thanks 1

I’m currently in the 1 hour frame.  My corona light is keeping me quenched & 😊  Guy is super nice & apologetic as he checks back with me from time to time as he waits for confirmation to do the switch.  He did confirm the price protection with no additional deposit & final payment due next year.   Also said that yes, the timeframe can be 4 weeks before or after.  

Two cruises cancelled this year in addition to previously cancelled carnival Mardi Gras &  sensation bookings this year due to delay in ship building.  So if 2021 doesn’t go according to plan I’m taking that as a sign I don’t need to be on a cruise ship 😅

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You get Oasis for Rhapsody pricing. You should sleep well tonight with that!

The port fees/taxes were $63 less on the Oasis (I was wrong earlier, the itinerary has slight differences), so I am actually paying less for the upgraded ship.   Apparently the price guarantee is for the cruise fare only, as they subtracted the difference in the port fees from my balance.

From TA FAQ- It means you can only switch from Eastern to Eastern or Western to Western etc?  Thought I had read that it can be any Caribbean that wou can switch from Eastern to Western etc

31. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Until it gets cancelled that is an unknown.

What I can safely say is that if Royal cancels there will be an option for a cash refund as I believe that they are required to by law

Thank you - dawned on me after I hit post that all of these things are based on customer cancelling and not the business cancelling. Thank you!

• Like 1

The lift and shift sounds like a great option for some. Unfortunately, it wont work for us. For now, we are going to wait and see over the next few weeks but we will likely cancel our fall 2020 sailing and try something next summer instead. 

11 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Done!  Swapped from western to eastern (that makes me 😁), moved up two decks same cat, final payment due July 2021 & saved a butt load of $! 

Awesome, why they won't let someone switch from Southern to an eastern is beyond me.  They are all Caribbean.

@JustUs275

@molly361

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had great success getting our August 2020 Greek cruise from Rome “lifted and switched” to August of 2021. Our agent at Amex was a champ and got it all situated for us. Our original deposit was switched over, price protected and assigned cabin numbers on the new cruise. Couldn’t be happier! We even got all of our onboard credit applied to the new cruise. Just FYI what a good deal this was for us, for the same cabins on this same cruise with a new reservation we would have paid almost EXACTLY double what we are paying by switching our reservation over so yay! Which is funny because I was coming up against my final payment this week so I emailed the corporate offices 2 weeks ago and said sure I’ll pay my final payment but I want the same cabins on the same cruise next year and they were super rude and said no way. Welp...guess that just happened and I don’t have to make that final payment until next year so it’s even better then I suggested to them! Very happy with this arrangement. 

Two questions (which may have been answered already). I apologize.

1. I have a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan this Fall ... Does the L & S have to be the same?

ie. Sailing from San Juan?, On the same ship?, Same itinerary?

2. If I booked through a TA do I go through a TA for the L & S?

Thanks ....

3 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Two questions (which may have been answered already). I apologize.

1. I have a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan this Fall ... Does the L & S have to be the same?

ie. Sailing from San Juan?, On the same ship?, Same itinerary?

2. If I booked through a TA do I go through a TA for the L & S?

Thanks ....

Someone was able to switch western to eastern so I would say yes but someone else had issues.  I would press the issue.

Yes, if you booked through a TA then they have to do this

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Awesome, why they won't let someone switch from Southern to an eastern is beyond me.  They are all Caribbean.

@JustUs275

@molly361

Thank you & yeah that makes absolutely no sense to me.  Southern is in the Carib just like west & East.  Did you try calling back?  May get a different supervisor to authorize it.  

Tried to move a Bahamas/Perfect Day cruise to an Eastern and was denied.  Ended up moving it to a different Bahamas/Perfect Day option.

On hold right now trying to move a New Years Eve cruise to a Christmas cruise.  Not looking promising.  Of note, though, the agent said that there is no problem moving from Eastern - Western - Southern.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

Tried to move a Bahamas/Perfect Day cruise to an Eastern and was denied.  Ended up moving it to a different Bahamas/Perfect Day option.

On hold right now trying to move a New Years Eve cruise to a Christmas cruise.  Not looking promising.  Of note, though, the agent said that there is no problem moving from Eastern - Western - Southern.

That I can understand as Bahamas cruises are listed separately from Caribbean

8 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

Great news East west and south.

Are they making New Years go to New Years and Christmas go to Christmas?

2 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

That is what the agent is indicating.  Creating a problem moving an 8 day with timing issues in 2021.  Most cruises are 7 days and those that leave Dec. 31 won't work because of work.

OK the 8 to 7 I understand.  I was wondering if a 7 day New Years could move to a 7 day Christmas

2 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

Saying no, a 8 day NYE cruise can not move to a 8 day Xmas cruise.  

OK  Good to know.  I would have thought that they would have allowed that.  We always cruise over the Holidays and while both weeks are expensive New Years is quite a bit more expensive that Christmas in the vast majority of cases

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I'm sorry.  I don't seem to understand this. We had 8 cabins booked for a July 4th sailing.  With the state of the world and some older passengers we didn't feel comfortable paying in full and called at that time to ask if they were offering an opportunity to switch to next year at the same price.  They said no so we canceled.  Now, during the same CWC period they ARE offering this option but because we canceled we can't utilize this which is what we asked for in the first place?  How is this right?