Cruise with confidence enhanced

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Requiring port stops to be the same would be ridiculous. I hope that is not the case. Let us know what happens.

Agent just came back again saying not same itinerary and ALSO now, can't change to a different class of ship.  We were on Explorer and tried to move to Odyssey. 

5 minutes ago, smush21 said:

Are others wary of the lift and shift options re world economy and re Royal going bankrupt?

Are people still considering refunds? 

I am .. I think. 

I am debating.  I am thinking our cruise for June will be canceled next week and I will have to decide then.  My heart wants to rebook the same cruise for next year.  My gut tells me to take the refund because of what you mention & especially if there is any chance that we will be forced to wear a mask.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But the way cancellations are rolling out, it will require final payment. 

Yep... to get full refund the way they've been cancelling you'd have to had given final payment. So glad I got the option yesterday to move my NRD deposit as I wasn't going to do final payment for it and better deal moving the price I had than a FCC for the deposit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Agent just came back again saying not same itinerary and ALSO now, can't change to a different class of ship.  We were on Explorer and tried to move to Odyssey. 

We switched from the Explorer to the Odyssey yesterday with no issue. Same itinerary though just one year apart.

1 minute ago, KsucAts said:

My gut tells me to take the refund because of what you mention & especially if there is any chance that we will be forced to wear a mask.  

I'd take the refund! It gives you so many more options. Different cruise, completely different vacation, on your time line. I took the refund for all the cruises/deposits/cruise planner purchases I had the option to get the refund! I now only have 3 non refundable deposits on cruises  earlier Sep 2021 and no cruise planner purchases.

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Has to be within a 4 week time period of your original cruise.  Same length and basic itinerary. 

Was just told itinerary had to be the same and also must be same class of ship to make that switch.  Have you heard that too?

1 minute ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Yep... to get full refund the way they've been cancelling you'd have to had given final payment. So glad I got the option yesterday to move my NRD deposit as I wasn't going to do final payment for it and better deal moving the price I had than a FCC for the deposit.

Is price protection valid if only getting FCC for NRD?  I thought it was only applicable for S&L?

2 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I am debating.  I am thinking our cruise for June will be canceled next week and I will have to decide then.  My heart wants to rebook the same cruise for next year.  My gut tells me to take the refund because of what you mention & especially if there is any chance that we will be forced to wear a mask.  

I am with you on this - waiting on our July cruise to be cancelled was going to take a refund but am feeling a little swayed. If only for a crystal ball....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I'd take the refund! It gives you so many more options. Different cruise, completely different vacation, on your time line. I took the refund for all the cruises/deposits/cruise planner purchases I had the option to get the refund! I now only have 3 non refundable deposits on cruises  earlier Sep 2021 and no cruise planner purchases.

We still want to cruise next year (if back to normal with no mask) and the cruise we would pick is the exact same one next June.  It is currently almost $200 per person higher than what we have booked, so that is the only reason I am debating.  

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Is price protection valid if only getting FCC for NRD?  I thought it was only applicable for S&L?

I had a NRD for Sep cruise that I hadn't paid any more money on yet. I could either have canceled and gotten a FCC credit for the NRD or S&L'd the booking to next year. I chose to S&L the booking with the NRD to next year and now my final payment is June 2021.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

In their examples in the FAQ they allowed the move between Explorer and Harmony.  Refer them to their FAQ sheet

Different Ship:

• If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

• My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift? Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In their examples in the FAQ they allowed the move between Explorer and Harmony.  Refer them to their FAQ sheet

Different Ship:

• If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

• My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift? Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria

Ken, thank you so much for that!!  Wish I had it for the prior agent I was talking to.  I didn't feel like he knew what he was saying.

27 minutes ago, smush21 said:

Are others wary of the lift and shift options re world economy and re Royal going bankrupt?

Are people still considering refunds? 

I am .. I think. 

Nope, I'm assuming that my holiday will still be atol/abta protected whether it's this year or next. If Royal goes bankrupt then I'll be covered and get a refund.

Finally having success in making the change.  Only change we had to make is we were booked in a "B" cat on Explorer which isn't offered on Odyssey, so we changed EXP booking to a "D" cat and can now change to a "D" cat on Odyssey. 

• Like 1

Please correct me if I am wrong. If you cancel under CWC, it is a FCC or a transfer to new date the following year. Refund is only when RCI has cancelled the cruise which right now is within the full payment. So for someone booked on Nov and Dec cruises, you can only get a refund if you booked a refundable deposit. For us with NRD, it is only a FCC, so we can wait to the final pay in full date to make a decision to cancel.  

However, I have just spent 2+ hours....that's hours not minutes....and the most I could get out of the rep was "I'll put you on hold until the Next Cruise dept. is free.....I kid you not, 2 hrs +  Finally, my home phone ran out of battery so I had to hang up!  I am so frustrated right now I could spit nails.  I'm now on hold on the line for new bookings, hoping someone somewhere can help me.  I want to cx my Oct. Liberty purchased with a Next Cruise as long as I get it back.  The statement implies that is the case and they'll just give me another Next Cruise

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

However, I have just spent 2+ hours....that's hours not minutes....and the most I could get out of the rep was "I'll put you on hold until the Next Cruise dept. is free.....I kid you not, 2 hrs +  Finally, my home phone ran out of battery so I had to hang up!  I am so frustrated right now I could spit nails.  I'm now on hold on the line for new bookings, hoping someone somewhere can help me.  I want to cx my Oct. Liberty purchased with a Next Cruise as long as I get it back.  The statement implies that is the case and they'll just give me another Next Cruise

The one I moved yesterday had been a Next Cruise booking. I didn't even mention it at all and neither did they.  I chose the prompt for 'booked directly with Royal over the phone'.  Of course I have to call back since they seem to have added on a change fee now that I got the new confirmation.  I'll do that battle at some point today.  But I'm still not going to mention that it's a Next Cruise, based on your experience.  Their phone lines are jammed, but it's that way for most things travel related right now. 

53 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Ken, thank you so much for that!!  Wish I had it for the prior agent I was talking to.  I didn't feel like he knew what he was saying.

Correct, I've never seen such ineptitude in all my years of dealing with agents....not all of them agreed with each other, but this agent was just clueless about everything.  Finally I talked with an older agent and he confirmed that I will receive the FCC in about 3 weeks by email.  Good enough for me.  I don't for  a minute think RCCL will go bankrupt.  We will plan another cruise probably after we get back from our Celebrity Edge in April.  That's far enough out that I will feel safer cruising after the Covid.  Of course who knows, it'll be flu season again sooner than we think!

6 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

New day...different agent...different understanding.  This agent's interpretation was the itineraries had to be exact matches.  Couldn't move an Eastern to an Eastern with Perfect Day.

I'm sitting on hold now and this is going to be interesting because there is not an exact match of the itinerary I'm trying to move. One is Eastern Caribbean, one is Western Caribbean and one is Western Caribbean plus Perfect Day.  I love a good challenge though!

Just now, Cutigerlady said:

I'm sitting on hold now and this is going to be interesting because there is not an exact match of the itinerary I'm trying to move. One is Eastern Caribbean, one is Western Caribbean and one is Western Caribbean plus Perfect Day.  I love a good challenge though!

Keep us posted!