Cruise with confidence enhanced

2 hours ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Does anyone know when RC are expected to release the Australia/NZ 2021-22 sail dates? Thought they might have been out by now but could be delayed with everything else going on.

Hoping to be able to move our 2 cruises in Jan/Feb 2021 to 2022 under the lift and shift programme.

Thanks.  

I believe I saw somewhere that it is only for cruises that had been released before May 6, 2020.

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So I can take the FCC for NRD and keep the pice we booked for GS for a future cruise?

You can Lift and shift that sailing to a new sailing 1 year away plus or minus 4 weeks.  Same itinerary same length of cruise for the same price

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can Lift and shift that sailing to a new sailing 1 year away plus or minus 4 weeks.  Same itinerary same length of cruise for the same price

This cruise is Allure out of Barcelona. So we can’t L&S to a Caribbean cruise in required timeframe?

Friend says thanks 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This cruise is Allure out of Barcelona. So we can’t L&S to a Caribbean cruise in required timeframe?

Friend says thanks 

Unfortunately not.  Still would have to sail from Barcelona on Harmony in 2021

• Thanks 1

Wife is on phone regarding our 12 night Oct 2020 from Tarragona Spain.  In 2021 that cruise on Jewel is from Barcelona 40 miles away, they're saying no to the switch as it's not the same departure port.....

But there are NO sailings from Tarragona in 2021, they've simply changed to a nearby pier in Barcelona.  Will be interesting to see if they figure that out and let her lift and shift it......

9 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Wife is on phone regarding our 12 night Oct 2020 from Tarragona Spain.  In 2021 that cruise on Jewel is from Barcelona 40 miles away, they're saying no to the switch as it's not the same departure port.....

Refer them to the scenarios in the FAQ

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf

"My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift?

Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria."

This example is moving from a Vancouver - Seward one-way to a roundtrip Seattle sailing.  Definitely different embarkation points.  None of the criteria that has to remain the same includes the departure port.

Great info here; thanks everyone for posting!  Getting ready to call my TA first thing in the morning.  

Quick question: have an owner's suite booked on Freedom this Sept.  Looking at options on the Allure but can't find an OS category, any thoughts on how that might transfer?

Thanks

Edited by DandDM
typo

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like people definitely need (possibly several times)to call as exceptions are sometimes being made.

I would be a lot easier if Royal just put out a list saying what transfers they are allowing

Ken, yes a list would be a great idea.  The L&S sounds like a great idea in theory but not always viable?

NJ 

• Like 1

Ken -  is there any mention in your TA information from Royal or was it mentioned during the Webinar, that those with Friends and Family fares are not allowed to use the Lift and Shift option?  The way I read it, it worked with any promotion.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Well we pulled the plug on our October 11th Freedom out of San Juan and did a "Lift and Shift" to November 7th 2021. We were able to get the same junior suite, same itinerary and our reservation number stayed the same. Bad news now we wait a year and half before we go on this sailing and the deluxe drink package we got $41 is now $72. What we might do since it is a year and half away is test the waters once Royal starts up with a short 3-4 day cruise from somewhere where we can drive say Galveston or New Orleans that way it will be easy and cheap.

6 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I just tried.  They told me that there were no options for me since they are not cruising out of San Juan until October and our cruise in August.  So, we are just out of luck.  I asked if we could change ships or ports and I was told no, you can not unless it is another ship going out of the same port to the exact same places. UUUGGGG!!!

I am really frustrated because I want to cruise this summer before school starts.  However, I am pretty convinced now that only Carnival will be sailing at this time.  So, I would like to transfer this cruise to next year and book something on Carnival.  I can't have two sailings booked and hope one gets canceled, but if our August gets canceled, it may be too late to book anything else.  

Similar to your experience, except ours was in October 2020 and currently there aren't any October 2021 cruises scheduled out of San Juan. We originally chose October due to our work schedule restrictions. The rep actually told me to just keep looking on the website and maybe later something would show up for October 2021 *ugh*.

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we pulled the plug on our October 11th Freedom out of San Juan and did a "Lift and Shift" to November 7th 2021. We were able to get the same junior suite, same itinerary and our reservation number stayed the same. Bad news now we wait a year and half before we go on this sailing and the deluxe drink package we got $41 is now $72. What we might do since it is a year and half away is test the waters once Royal starts up with a short 3-4 day cruise from somewhere where we can drive say Galveston or New Orleans that way it will be easy and cheap.

We ended up shifting our October 25th Freedom cruise to November 7th 2021, and we were able to get the same cabin and everything too. Yeah, we booked this cruise in January 2019...November 2021 is a long way off! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I am booked on Freedom out of San Juan in September. It is a southern Caribbean itinerary. I have looked at the cruises for 2021 within 4 weeks of my departure date and there are no 7 day Southern Caribbean cruises. There are plenty of Eastern & Western. Do you think they would honor the Lift & Shift because there are no Southern itineraries?

Similar situation as yours, we were booked for October 25, 2020 on Freedom out of San Juan. I called two different times and was unable to shift to an October Eastern or Western itinerary. We really needed an October sailing due to work schedule restrictions. I ended up shifting to November 7, 2021 on Freedom and out of San Juan, and was able to get the exact same aft balcony cabin :-)  We are hoping DH's employer will allow the November 2021 vacation days, given current circumstances. Maybe we will need to plan a meetup for all of us "Lifters and Shifters" and reminisce about all this crazy stuff! lol

6 hours ago, bouhunter said:

But there are NO sailings from Tarragona in 2021, they've simply changed to a nearby pier in Barcelona.  Will be interesting to see if they figure that out and let her lift and shift it......

This information they provided you is not correct. We used "lift and shift" to change to the Jewel TA cruise from Barcelona in 21 instead of the Anthem TA sailing from Southampton cruise this November. 

I suggest you call up again and get an agent who is fully aware of their new policy. 

6 hours ago, bouhunter said:

We have swapped a 12 night October 2020 from Tarragona to 12 night October 2021 Barcelona with no issues! The October 20 one was originally Barcelona anyway, they only moved it due to overcrowding in Barcelona port. They may decide to move the 2021 back to Tarragona if same thing happens again.

It would appear, as others have said, it depends on who you speak to. I'm sure you will manage in the end.

11 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I am really frustrated because I want to cruise this summer before school starts.  However, I am pretty convinced now that only Carnival will be sailing at this time.  So, I would like to transfer this cruise to next year and book something on Carnival.  I can't have two sailings booked and hope one gets canceled, but if our August gets canceled, it may be too late to book anything else.  

In case you did not already know,  Carnival's soft opening in August is on 8 ships out of MIA, PC and Galveston,  all with reduced capacity. Personally, I feel that the Galveston ships have a better chance of actually sailing since it looks like Texas will be fully opened before all of FLA will.  But of course no one has a crystal ball as to what will transpire in 3 1/2 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

Ken -  is there any mention in your TA information from Royal or was it mentioned during the Webinar, that those with Friends and Family fares are not allowed to use the Lift and Shift option?  The way I read it, it worked with any promotion.  Thanks for your help.

Someone posted a TA FAQs PDF earlier on this thread. Point 14 on there specifically excludes Friends and Family fares. 😞

4 hours ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

We have swapped a 12 night October 2020 from Tarragona to 12 night October 2021 Barcelona with no issues! The October 20 one was originally Barcelona anyway, they only moved it due to overcrowding in Barcelona port. They may decide to move the 2021 back to Tarragona if same thing happens again.

It would appear, as others have said, it depends on who you speak to. I'm sure you will manage in the end.

We did get it switched, took another half hour on the phone.  The receipt looks fine except they "refunded" our soda/refreshment money as an extra payment on the cruise instead of sending back to our credit card.  Not a big deal but we may call about that.  Not excited about having any more money than necessary sitting with them right now.

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Someone posted a TA FAQs PDF earlier on this thread. Point 14 on there specifically excludes Friends and Family fares. 😞

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.  I'm still disappointed but at least I feel better having seen it in writing.

I used Lift & Shift yesterday to move our Empress booking from this August to July next year.  It took our TA about 10-15 minutes to complete the task.  Very impressed all around....I was expecting some technical glitches , just because it's RCCL. 😁

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.  Still would have to sail from Barcelona on Harmony in 2021

You’ve probably answered this already so forgive me for asking again. If I take the FCC and move it to a non qualifying S&L cruise, will they use my FCC for deposit in lieu of cash?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You’ve probably answered this already so forgive me for asking again. If I take the FCC and move it to a non qualifying S&L cruise, will they use my FCC for deposit in lieu of cash?

Thanks

Unfortunately not.

The only way to avoid paying the deposit is if you have enough of an FCC to cover the entire cruise so in that case you would only have to pay taxes and fees but you have to call to book this way or use a TA

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.

The only way to avoid paying the deposit is if you have enough of an FCC to cover the entire cruise so in that case you would only have to pay taxes and fees but you have to call to book this way or use a TA

Well, smart play by Royal to get more operating cash flow. I guess the modified CWC works for some. I just can’t see giving them more cash at this time  

How long is the FCC good for under the current CWC?  

Thanks