Cruise with confidence enhanced

30 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Thanks for the info but that  is still ambiguous . We have not  formally requested a refund or FCC yet so it is still live in their system isn’t it ? I know splitting hairs here . 
Anyway , I had further contact from the person who initially contacted me so will wait until tomorrow to hear from them , fingers crossed for good news . I will report back. 

Sorry, but it is not ambiguous.  The FCC is the default compensation and automatically issued.  You have to request a refund.  They are clear that previously cancelled cruises are not eligible. 

it was also made very clear on the webinar it would not be applied to cruises already cancelled by the cruise line. 

perhaps you will get one of the people who isn’t up to date on the policy bu5 I wouldn’t hold my breath in it. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Before I make the phone call.

Does anyone know how L&S works for guarantee cabins.  I have a guarantee cabin not yet assigned.  I'm presuming that the L&S would have to be to the same category guarantee cabin on the new alternative sailing,  but there are no guarantee cabins available on the cruise I want to switch to.

Would I need to upgrade to a specific cabin on the original sailing first?

Someone reported that they had a JS guarantee And since there was no JS guarantee in the future cruise they were allowed to pick a cabin. 

It would be nice to know what the over 70 and health of the cruiser policy will be. Until that comes out, it is difficult to book anything. And the previous policy does not include a covid test policy. To date I cannot find ANY doctor willing to sign a health document for a cruise under the cruise lines terms, to many liability issues.

Stay safe all

9 minutes ago, Thesandman12 said:

It would be nice to know what the over 70 and health of the cruiser policy will be. Until that comes out, it is difficult to book anything. And the previous policy does not include a covid test policy. To date I cannot find ANY doctor willing to sign a health document for a cruise under the cruise lines terms, to many liability issues.

Stay safe all

The requirement for a Dr’s note was removed a few weeks ago.  Currently there are no special requirements for anyone. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The requirement for a Dr’s note was removed a few weeks ago.  Currently there are no special requirements for anyone. 

Yes, and I do not anticipate that there will be anything similar forthcoming.

Hello,

I don't follow these boards a great deal.

We live in the UK but I booked through the international office in USD I have a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on the 8th August with Celebrity. We then have a further two cruises back to back after this one with Royal Caribbean.

I notice already our very expensive business class flights are not actually being sold, the one that they would likely put us on would mean arriving a day late and return home a day late too. This would not be possible for me with work. 

It will be 90 days until the cruise tomorrow so I need to make the final payment, I notice that Grand Cayman is closing until September, this is one of the ports of call. Can anyone advise what I should do, I would prefer a refund though they are none refundable cruises and I simply do not know when I will have the time again along with my wife to take 3 weeks again.Thanks

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

Before I make the phone call.

Does anyone know how L&S works for guarantee cabins.  I have a guarantee cabin not yet assigned.  I'm presuming that the L&S would have to be to the same category guarantee cabin on the new alternative sailing,  but there are no guarantee cabins available on the cruise I want to switch to.

Would I need to upgrade to a specific cabin on the original sailing first?

Do a mock booking online and see what’s available. If the cruise you are moving too has guaranteed cabins you would move it it. If not they will assign you a cabin on the call. I moved from a balacony guarantee to a suite guarantee (paid the difference) then was assigned a jr suite on the call since my new sailing didn’t have any guarantee suite options.

Someone save me...I left off at page 15 a few days ago and have a question for a friend...has anyone had any luck getting lift & shift to work for southern Caribbean, when there aren’t any summer choices? Has anyone been able to shift a southern to an eastern or western?

9 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Someone save me...I left off at page 15 a few days ago and have a question for a friend...has anyone had any luck getting lift & shift to work for southern Caribbean, when there aren’t any summer choices? Has anyone been able to shift a southern to an eastern or western?

I have tried and tried and tried to shift a western to an eastern. No luck. Policy is Caribbean is divided into three regions - Eastern, Western, and Southern.  You cannot move between these regions, because it violates the same itinerary clause. 

14 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

3 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

I have tried and tried and tried to shift a western to an eastern. No luck. Policy is Caribbean is divided into three regions - Eastern, Western, and Southern.  You cannot move between these regions, because it violates the same itinerary clause. 

From their website

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30, 2021 – August 30, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before August 1, 2020.

22 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

That’s interesting because somewhere before the post I left off on, someone said they had luck shifting from western to eastern. If you scan through, they said “made me 😊”, so look for the smiley face. Someone at Royal must’ve put it through when they shouldn’t have. And it think someone else was able to also. Same thread. 🤔 Thanks for the answer. 

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

I have 3 cruises I tried to switch, have called twice on all 3. Denied on all accounts. 2 itineraries tried to switch eastern to eastern, 1 was western to western. No “perfect day” itineraries involved. I was told on all

accounts that the itineraries have to be EXACT, with all the same stops on all occasions.

All because one itinerary was missing St Thomas, or Costs Maya; RCCL will not be able to muse my money for the next year, because I will most assuredly be requesting a refund upon the next round of cancellations.  
Lift and shift was a great idea on paper, but not in practice. 

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have 3 cruises I tried to switch, have called twice on all 3. Denied on all accounts. 2 itineraries tried to switch eastern to eastern, 1 was western to western. No “perfect day” itineraries involved. I was told on all

accounts that the itineraries have to be EXACT, with all the same stops on all occasions.

All because one itinerary was missing St Thomas, or Costs Maya; RCCL will not be able to muse my money for the next year, because I will most assuredly be requesting a refund upon the next round of cancellations.  
Lift and shift was a great idea on paper, but not in practice. 

You have been getting the wrong CSR's  It does not need to be exact.  You might try asking for a supervisor.

• Like 1

Just now, Blizzard54 said:

You have been getting the wrong CSR's  It does not need to be exact.  You might try asking for a supervisor.

I agree with you 100%, 6 calls for 3 itineraries; all 6 calls we received a denial from the CSR, waited on the line for over an hour for the supervisor, also denied. 
I want to leave my money with them, but I am done. 

24 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree with you 100%, 6 calls for 3 itineraries; all 6 calls we received a denial from the CSR, waited on the line for over an hour for the supervisor, also denied. 
I want to leave my money with them, but I am done. 

Refer them to the scenarios in the FAQ

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf

"My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift?

Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria."

This example is moving from a Vancouver - Seward one-way to a roundtrip Seattle sailing.  Definitely different embarkation points.  None of the criteria that has to remain the same includes the departure port.

There are other scenarios in that FAQ that does not require the exact same ports.   

• Like 1

I was on the phone within fifteen minutes of hearing about L&S.  My theory was that it might be easier at the very beginning, before they closed loopholes or amended the rules.  I was able to switch “Western Caribbean” on the Rhapsody to “Western Caribbean and Perfect Day” on the Oasiswith no problem, and the exact itinerary on two Mariner sailings from a 5D to a 6D.  That one took some discussion before I was granted a “one-time exception”.   I have been keeping up with this thread and made sure to look for availability of identical itineraries in December 2021 before booking December 2020 earlier today.  If they tweak the rules again, at least I will have the opportunity to cancel.

8 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Don’t get too excited folks .

I just enquired about doing the Lift and Shift for our cancelled 16th May 2020 Rhapsody cruise to 29th May 2021, exact same ship, itinerary and cabin grade , it has so far been declined . 
When we booked we had the UK promotion of free flights , for us that was Manchester to Venice return.The new Lift and Shift states it will protect the cancelled cruise pricing AND promotion though apparently not the free flights one. 
I will phone tomorrow and see if I can speak to a human to discuss it , I did suggest to the online customer service person that perhaps a disclaimer could be added to the advertising  showing that the promotion we had is exempt for Lift and Shift . 

We will request a full refund if the answer is still no.

RCI regularly did Free flights promos here in the UK, I do appreciate that the airline industry is screwed at the moment .

Heatherb  I too have a booking with the flights for a penny  promo for August and I phoned twice only to be  told I could get the cruise part of the l&s but not the flights as they would not know if these flights would be available.

I'm not happy because like you said there's no mention of this in the terms.

I too will just take my refund if this is the case.

Edited by orla56

Does this still hold  true for the cruise you shift to in August 2021?

You can still cancel 48 hours before the sailing ,and do  you really get 100% FCC for total of booked cruise?

Previously announced on March 6, 2020, the flexibility to cancel up to 48-hours prior to sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit will continue, though the eligible sailing window has been extended to now include all sailings through April 2022 (all open deployment as of May 6, 2020).

Edited by Jimbo

It seems like over time RCI is making L&S more difficult for people to take advantage of. It also seems that a supervisor has to, at some point, get involved with each of these shifts. How many supervisors can RCI possibly have to make this run smoothly and not make each call take hours?

Is this really the time to increase customer frustration?

50 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I ... made sure to look for availability of identical itineraries in December 2021 before booking December 2020 earlier today.  If they tweak the rules again, at least I will have the opportunity to cancel.

Although currently you can only lift and shift up to Aug 1 2020.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

I guess I was lucky to have no questions about switching my Dec 2020 cruise on the Harmony Western itinerary to Dec 2021 Eastern itinerary this morning.

It took 2 Hours on hold but was granted and a confirmation was emailed right away.

So sorry to hear of all the problems other folks are having.