Cruise with confidence enhanced

48 minutes ago, cured said:

No, the lift and shift cruise's final payment is later this month, so only the deposit exists (No FCC.)

The June 2021 was a cruise that was moved in last month with the one time move of the deposit, but no FCC. Even if I can't use it, I am not too worried as the lift and shift cruise is still 4 grand less than the June cruise with an upgrade from the grand suite to the 2 bed grand suite.  

Would I be able to cancel the June cruise without the CWC, lose the $600 and then transfer to the existing reservation?  I really want to lift and shift as soon as possible as there is one 2 bed suite on deck 12 with the hot tub left (Oasis) 🙂 

I should be able to lift and shift easily because it is the exact same cruise on Oasis from Bayonne.

From the sounds of it you Should be able to L&S the one cruise.  cancel the other cruise under the CWC and once that FCC arrives apply it to the shifted cruise...no penalties

With all the great info on this thread from Ourusualbeach and others, hoping someone can answer this for us.

We were shot down on the L&S for our Freedom cruise and are likely to cancel under CWC, which I understand would give us FCC for our $1000 combined non-refundable deposit (correct?).

Instead of cancelling and waiting for the FCC, could we cancel and book a new cruise during the same call and request that the $1000 be moved to that cruise?  Would prefer not to put down a new deposit, then wait an uncertain amount of time before seeing that FCC.

Thanks!

Edited by DandDM
typo

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I messaged direct through FB , try again if you have not cancelled already . 
We booked direct with RCI , kind of makes things difficult if you booked with an agent .

Hi Heather that's great news.So happy for you.When I read your post I sent them an email straight away about this.No reply yet.We also booked direct with them.

So how to you send a message.I have Facebook but dont really use it.Is it a private message or on their Facebook page.

There must be a lot of people in our situation.

Edited by orla56

2 hours ago, bamdoo said:

Tried calling RCCL to L & S a booking made with a TA.  RCCL told me the TA has to do it.  Is this true or should I call back later?

It's true, they booked it not you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DandDM said:

With all the great info on this thread from Ourusualbeach and others, hoping someone can answer this for us.

We were shot down on the L&S for our Freedom cruise and are likely to cancel under CWC, which I understand would give us FCC for our $1000 combined non-refundable deposit (correct?).

Instead of cancelling and waiting for the FCC, could we cancel and book a new cruise during the same call and request that the $1000 be moved to that cruise?  Would prefer not to put down a new deposit, then wait an uncertain amount of time before seeing that FCC.

Thanks!

I would call and ask.

7 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Hi Heather that's great news.So happy for you.When I read your post I sent them an email straight away about this.No reply yet.We also booked direct with them.

So how to you send a message.I have Facebook but dont really use it.Is it a private message or on their Facebook page.

There must be a lot of people in our situation.

I went onto the official FB page for RCI and private messaged through that.

Social media pages and not supposed to be mentioned on here but good luck. 

2 hours ago, cured said:

We loved boarding in Rome last summer.  The majority of the passengers boarded in Barcelona so when we arrived at the port, we were the ONLY ones in the building. Checking in took 5 minutes since we could spread out between representatives.  Headed right onto the ship. We arrived at 11 even though we were told our boarding time was 2:30. But our kids had the Key and wanted their Chops lunch 🙂

Disembarking was also extremely easy.  Again, very few people disembarking in Rome. One of our group had a 10:50 flight out of Rome.  We got to the self-carry line at 6am for a 7am arrival and the Oasis crew told us to go get a cup of coffee, that nobody self-carries off in Rome.  He was right.  They opened the gangway at 7am, there were 5 families waiting to get off.  We were in our waiting transportation by 7:15 and that included a glitch on our son's invoice that he had to go fix.

We left Civi at 7:20 and arrived at FCO a little after 8,  I wouldn't cut it that close again, but it worked for us (and we had a backup ticket for our son in case we ran into problems.) There was absolutely no traffic and it was a quick, less than an hour trip into Rome.

Sounds good, we have decided to board in Rome. Sounds like it will much easier then boading in Barcelona, wonder if that is the norm or rare it is like that?

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would call and ask.

Fair enough - thanks!

Going to wait a little longer to see if something changes on L&S, but if I go this route, will report back.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds good, we have decided to board in Rome. Sounds like it will much easier then boading in Barcelona, wonder if that is the norm or rare it is like that?

Here's my experience - land at the Barcelona airport, catch a taxi & then 20-30 min. at cruise port.  Often fly in same day as cruise. 

With Rome, usually have to stay overnight - then get shuttle to Civi cruise port.  Did fly in same day once - arranged a shared van but have to make sure flight gets in early a.m.  Have also taken train to Civi a number of times but not recommended if you can't handle luggage as elevators in stations don't always work, etc.   Find that most shared shuttles only operate on day cruise is in port. You could stay overnight in Civi too - more relaxing to get to ship in morning of cruise.

NJ  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the sounds of it you Should be able to L&S the one cruise.  cancel the other cruise under the CWC and once that FCC arrives apply it to the shifted cruise...no penalties

I wanted to update.

I successfully cancelled my June 2021 cruise with a 100% FCC of the deposits for the 2 cabins and the CSR confirmed that as soon as I get the email with the credit, I can apply to my Lift and Shift cruise.

I booked the August 2020 cruise this morning with the intention to eventually Lift and Shift.

The absolutely wonderful CSR suggested we just go ahead and try to lift and shift right away since the cruises were already showing up in her system. She was able to lift and shift it less than 2 hours after I booked it, no having to wait 24 hours.  Saved $12,000+ from what the cruise priced out in August 2020 and what the cruise priced out in August 2021.

Took 8 minutes for her to answer, about 45 minutes to cancel the 2 reservations for June and do all the stuff for the 2 cabins on the  lifting and shifting and then another 45 minutes to wait for a supervisor to approve.

Absolutely no glitches, and I am so pleased with the way it was handled, actually beyond pleased as it was the CSR who suggested not waiting to lift and shift.  Only money invested is the deposit on the two cruises.

Edited by cured
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, FionaMG said:

We are currently  booked in boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure for this coming September. When we booked back in February there were the two categories you mention, with the 1l ones being more expensive than the 2l. IIRC, the ones at the very back (e.g. the xxx29 ones) were in the more expensive category. I guess Royal have cottoned on to the fact that people like them because of the view of the wake and the aqua theatre.

We are very likely going to L&S to Harmony so, like you, I was checking the rates and I noticed that within 2 days of L&S coming into play the price of our current Allure cabin has shot up by almost $1,000, putting it on a par with the price of Harmony for next year. I wonder if that's to try and put people off booking at this year's (until now) cheaper prices with the specific aim of L&S-ing to a more expensive cruise next year?

Fiona, the 1I is actually a new category I had never seen before. The other two categories that have been there over the five years I’ve been booking Oasis class ships are 2I and 4I. This 1I category is a new one to me.  Our old cabin, 10329, is the farthest aft Boardwalk Balcony cabin on the port side of the ship, and is still showing as 2I.  Cabin 10729, the farthest aft Boardwalk Balcony on the starboard side. The only difference I can think of between these two cabins may be capacity. 10729 has a sofa bed, 10329 does not. 

I think I’d really better get myself busy doing something other than obsessing about cruise cabin categories! 😂. I have a long “to do” list for this lockdown time, and I haven’t made anywhere the progress on that list as I’d hoped I would have made by now! 😱  Some progress, yes, but it certainly could be better. 🏖 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

I wanted to update.

I successfully cancelled my June 2021 cruise with a 100% FCC of the deposits for the 2 cabins and the CSR confirmed that as soon as I get the email with the credit, I can apply to my Lift and Shift cruise.

I booked the August 2020 cruise this morning with the intention to eventually Lift and Shift.

The absolutely wonderful CSR suggested we just go ahead and try to lift and shift right away since the cruises were already showing up in her system. She was able to lift and shift it less than 2 hours after I booked it, no having to wait 24 hours.  Saved $12,000+ from what the cruise priced out in August 2020 and what the cruise priced out in August 2021.

Took 8 minutes for her to answer, about 45 minutes to cancel the 2 reservations for June and do all the stuff for the 2 cabins on the  lifting and shifting and then another 45 minutes to wait for a supervisor to approve.

Absolutely no glitches, and I am so pleased with the way it was handled, actually beyond pleased as it was the CSR who suggested not waiting to lift and shift.  Only money invested is the deposit on the two cruises.

What category cabin was this? what ship was the August 2020 cruise on?

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, cured said:

I wanted to update.

Will you fill the same way if Royal is forced to sail with less capacity and decides your cabin will be one that will sail empty?

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What category cabin was this? what ship was the August 2020 cruise on?

Oasis, so lifted and shifted to the exact same cruise next summer.

Crown Loft and 2 bedroom Grand Suite.

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Will you fill the same way if Royal is forced to sail with less capacity and decides your cabin will be one that will sail empty?

Yup. I am going in with eyes wide open and know I am taking a gamble.  I would expect that my cabin would be one of the first to go with the lower cost.

I love cruising, but if we don't go, we will just find a land based vacation. Not a big deal.

My expectations that the ship will even sail next August are not very high, but if it does and there are suitable therapies available, why not?

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Less likely to cancel the more expensive cabins I would think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree if they come up and cancel the L&S cruises that are cheaper than regular bookings, for the most part, now have had a year or more to play with your money. 

That's okay, more compensation to follow. I think you will know though before final payment as far as my lift and shift goes, only have $500 deposit of my money.

1 hour ago, perfect match said:

the 1I is actually a new category I had never seen before. The other two categories that have been there over the five years I’ve been booking Oasis class ships are 2I and 4I. This 1I category is a new one to me.

The 1I has always been there.  It is for quad cabins.  The 2I and 4I are double occupance and one was added years ago when they realized they could charge a premium for the last 5 cabins (closest to the aquatheatre).  

With e new categorization starting May 2021 they are eliminating the premium for those cabins ad are back to a 1I (triple and quad occupancy) and the 2I (double occupancy.

On all ships if it is an odd number it is a triple / quad and even numbers are double occupancy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since they have already paid the money they can  wait for Royal to cancel and get the refund...their choice

I was thinking more along the line with those booking now within final payment a lower fare for the purpose to use S&L to shift cruise to that currently has much higher fares. It’s very possible, if Royal is required to sail less than full capacity, they are more likely to cancel the cabins with lower fares. It’s gives Royal a year to play with peoples money. 

My speculation only

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s very possible, if Royal is required to sail less than full capacity, they are more likely to cancel the cabins with lower fares.

One would hope that by next summer that won't be the case. Even if that was the case, I would expect RCI to bump someone who paid much less than @cured, like some of those folks in an inside. The capacity issue will likely only be a problem early on, later they'll simply not book to full capacity.

• Like 1