Masks probably required

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Perhaps this explains it 😉

20200416_093552.jpg.cceb0cd33f1722062579949ef73bf97c.jpg

Actually I don’t have any preconceived notions about alcohol cleansing of masks. But I would think anyone using that method would like to know whether it might lessen the masks efficiency or not. 

Just being neighborly. 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How about STD's🤔

Exactly, can you imagine the spike in Chlamydia cases after every cruise with all those folks from The Villages FL cruising as much as they do.

28 minutes ago, hazence said:

Yes, in the latter part of the article.  But the initial two paragraphs seem to be for general public. Do you think it only deteriorates the effectiveness on surgical masks?  I’ll have to read more but I’m not sure why that would be?

Because real surgical-grade masks have a coating on them that is part of their effectiveness.  The masks that most of us are wearing are just pleated fabric.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There is no science indicating that the virus survives in highly chlorinated water.  

I have not read any research or studies into the issue of coronavirus in chlorinated water.  Have you?

35 minutes ago, hazence said:

Actually I don’t have any preconceived notions about alcohol cleansing of masks. But I would think anyone using that method would like to know whether it might lessen the masks efficiency or not. 

Just being neighborly. 😊

Sorry, my bad. I confused this with the Lets add some humor thread. It got moved to Floataway Lounge. 😪

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Because real surgical-grade masks have a coating on them that is part of their effectiveness.  The masks that most of us are wearing are just pleated fabric.

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You are right! I did check a bit more and doesn’t se3m to be a problem on non surgical masks.

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I kinda remember being required to have proof of vaccination to enroll my kids in school.

Ah, the good old days

They have taken it a step further here. Now they need to show proof of the booster shots when entering High School. This this is relatively new since we never had to show proof for our kids although they were vaccinated. I just found this out yesterday as my neighbor has been homeschooling their youngest son since he started High School. They have 5 other older children who were all vaccinated with booster shots when the time came to do so. All of a sudden they are anti vaccine and all about the conspiracy theories. P.S. the older children are all healthy adults functioning successfully  in the world having been vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I kinda remember being required to have proof of vaccination to enroll my kids in school.

Ah, the good old days

I know quite a few parents doing their best not to get their kids vaccinated.  

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have not read any research or studies into the issue of coronavirus in chlorinated water.  Have you?

Neither have I but all I know is that it's been impossible to find Bleach since this all started.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Neither have I but all I know is that it's been impossible to find Bleach since this all started.

Also don’t forget wasp spray and maybe a few Preying Mantis 🤣

1 minute ago, James4me said:

Also don’t forget wasp spray and maybe a few Preying Mantis 🤣

Oh please I can't. I finally found hand sanitizer. I gave up looking for it and then it was there. Naturally I couldn't find what I went to the store for.  Shopping has become a scavenger hunt. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Stick with it, and you'll be there someday.😉

Do you think I could get there before Tuesday? Our Club opens then...which will sadly interfere with my current level of scintillating and “optimistic” CC participation. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, and plenty of folks where tin foil hats.😉

They are the ones wearing foil hats.  Those who don’t want their kids vaccinated have very good arguments as to why.  Will not hash this out on this board, nuff said on that topic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hazence said:

Do you think I could get there before Tuesday? Our Club opens then...which will sadly interfere with my current level of scintillating and “optimistic” CC participation. 😎

You want the truth

You can't handle the truth