Masks probably required

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

My “guess” is that it will be required in places where social distancing is not practical...standing in line at a bar, walking to your room etc.  If you are sitting in a lounger or eating it won’t be required. 

Herein lies the problem... What if you are always eating?  In line at a bar... walking to my room... walking to dinner... I have found all of these things are made better with a slice of pizza.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Herein lies the problem... What if you are always eating?  In line at a bar... walking to my room... walking to dinner... I have found all of these things are made better with a slice of pizza.

I have finally mastered walking down the hallways to our cabin carrying a glass of our favorite wine in each hand without spilling a drop while the ship is moving. For some reason my wife's glass of wine is never as full as mine by the time I arrive at our cabin. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, later said:

It isn’t very hard to remove a mask to eat or drink.  I don’t have a problem with it if I can cruise.  

I spend a lot of time on my balcony anyway and I doubt due to distance I would have to wear one in the cabin or on the balcony.

Agreed. It wouldn't bother me. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced that masks will be required for crew and probably by guests initially and maybe until there is a vaccine. 

Here we go.....that's it. WE ARE DONE.

Please, RCL, if you are reading this - CANCEL THE CRUISE booked for 22 June out of Amsterdam, all we want is a REFUND so hurry up, get on with it....you are leaving guests in LIMBO - we are not even allowed to FLY to Europe, so... CANCEL!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Esprit said:

If I can drink alcohol through a straw whilst wearing a mask I'll be happy. Liquidised food too as I'm not a big foodie!

I've seen local news footage of a guy smoking through a mask !! 

9 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

3 choices 

Wear it!

Don't cruise!

Possibly get quarantined for the rest of the cruise!

choice 4

Someone gets the virus and everyone gets stuck at sea resulting in countries not allowing their own citizens back in.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My “guess” is that it will be required in places where social distancing is not practical...standing in line at a bar, walking to your room etc.  If you are sitting in a lounger or eating it won’t be required. 

I don't envy the crew charged with enforcement if it's complicated by too many rules.  

They'll probably need a guest hotline so passengers can turn in their fellow guests for violations.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

choice 4

Someone gets the virus and everyone gets stuck at sea resulting in countries not allowing their own citizens back in.  

Cmon you know with your statement someone will call you a fear monger😂😂😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Formal night photos will be interesting.

Hey, they are already selling masks matching a bridal dress... So the shops on board will sell you formal SeaFaces ;-)!

steamboats

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A person who was on the webinar call described it as "They did talk about the possibility of guests wearing masks - crew most likely."

I was on the call.  It was yes for guests and probably for guests.  The6 did also mention that this was most likely until a vaccine was available

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I was on the call.  It was yes for guests and probably for guests.  The6 did also mention that this was most likely until a vaccine was available

This is about as clear as the directions that my wife gives me for just about everything.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

Thanks for your update as my source paraphrased.

• Like 1

Then they'd better darn well require them for hotels too!  Fair is fair.  🙂 

Seeing this lasting as long as people going down the Wal-Mart aisle in the same direction as the arrows....

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3