Masks probably required

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wish I was healthy enough to go to a grocery store.

Healthy or not you do not want to be in a grocery store on Long Island these days. I realize all of the precautions that they are taking are necessary and they are really enforcing the rules but it is just so frustrating.  You have to go up and down every aisle even if you don't need anything just to get through the store. All I want to do is get in and out as fast as I can and it just can't happen. Many times it takes several stops at different stores just to get what you need. I hate it. If I can get something from Walmart online I order and pay for it. All I have to do is go to the online order pick up and I'm in and out of the store. There is never anyone else but me picking up an order. I hope people don't catch on. 

Stay well  

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Healthy or not you do not want to be in a grocery store on Long Island these days. I realize all of the precautions that they are taking are necessary and they are really enforcing the rules but it is just so frustrating.  You have to go up and down every aisle even if you don't need anything just to get through the store. All I want to do is get in and out as fast as I can and it just can't happen. Many times it takes several stops at different stores just to get what you need. I hate it. If I can get something from Walmart online I order and pay for it. All I have to do is go to the online order pick up and I'm in and out of the store. There is never anyone else but me picking up an order. I hope people don't catch on. 

Stay well  

Thanks. We order groceries from Peapod .One of our daughters shops for us every 2 weeks at Costco and Trader Joe’s .

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Probably like CA. There are one way directional arrows on each aisle. 

Like the MDR dress code on an RCI ship, that's just a suggestion which customers choose to ignore and the store does not enforce.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Like the MDR dress code on an RCI ship, that's just a suggestion which customers choose to ignore and the store does not enforce.

Yes. But you annoy others when you go the wrong way. There is no sense getting people riled up for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

? why? That's certainly not true of every store.

In all of the supermarkets I have been in where I live it's only way aisles with 6 foot markers on the floor. Even the supermarket section in Walmart has them. This would allow a passing lane in each aisle if the shoppers in that aisle would stay to one side but they don't. You have to wait for the person in front you to finish shopping in that 6 foot section before you can move up.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks. We order groceries from Peapod .One of our daughters shops for us every 2 weeks at Costco and Trader Joe’s .

You are lucky. I'm a peapod customer for over 20yrs and since this pandemic I haven't been able to place an order.

Arrows directing traffic are not in all CA stores, thank goodness. I told DH it would be like the commissary at Scott AFB in the 80s. Been there and done it, don't want to experience again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Which has zero bearing on my original thought.

I only said that a healthy person, under the age of 50 who feels light headed after wearing a mask for a limited time and performing non stressful tasks may want to consult a physician.

Why an MD would challenge that with the contention that it  "doesn't mean there is something wrong with them" just completely confused me.  If that person does have an issue (and neither of us know) then that attitude could likely cause them to think that nothing was wrong with them and not consult a professional.  Nothing more than that. 

I DO suffer from respiratory disease and thought that personal experience might help someone.

I'm not an expert but dehydration,low blood pressure, heart disease or possibly inhaling to much carbon dioxide are worth getting checked for.

I wear a full face plastic visor and gloves plus long trousers,coat and shoes when I go to my local UK supermarket.

Edited by grapau27

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What Supermarket?.

I think it was Giunta Market on Portion Road. Especially in the vegetable/fruit section folks were going in both directions all the time. Just like the sneers some may get while wearing shorts in the MDRs, some felt it was their duty to be the mask police if you didn't wear it just right.

Edited by Biker19

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

? why? That's certainly not true of every store.

A lot of food stores have done this pattern of having everyone go in the same direction in the isle and force you to go up and down every isle no matter what.   Lucky enough the shoprite I go to on a regular basis has not done this pattern but the Giant and Weis in my area are doing that pattern.     Very strange if you ask me.   It takes you twice as long to get thru the store.     Food stores have signs and have asked for one family member to the grocery shopping to keep the amount of people in the store to a minimum but last weekend there was a Mother, 3 kids and grandma and they had 3 shopping carts and the kids were clueless how to move around the store then grandma would be stuck in the middle of an isle not knowing what to do.   I held back the urge to tell the Mother to live everyone at home.  Everyone in the store was getting annoyed with this family.    Sad that you cannot even enjoy going to the grocery store anymore.     I can see this happening on cruise ships as some people just cannot follow instructions.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A lot of food stores have done this pattern of having everyone go in the same direction in the isle and force you to go up and down every isle no matter what.

The two Aldi stores near us in NoVA did that to start, but then removed them and put barely noticeable arrows on the shelves themselves. I think the arrows were on the floor long enough that the regulars have gotten used to it. The one person per shopping cart lasted about two weeks before they removed that sign.

Edited by Biker19

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The two Aldi stores near us in NoVA did that to start, but then removed them and put barely noticeable arrows on the shelves themselves. I think the arrows were on the floor long enough that the regulars have gotten used to it. The one person per shopping cart lasted about two weeks before they removed that sign.

Figure you have maybe 100 people in a food store at time.     Try to do something like that on a cruise ship with a couple thousand people.    That would be insane.   How many people would you see walking backwards to go the other direction?

50 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You are lucky. I'm a peapod customer for over 20yrs and since this pandemic I haven't been able to place an order.

Same here.  You place the order and maybe get about 1/4 of what you ordered.  Then you go to the store and they have the items you didn't get.  Our stores here by Philly have just removed the directional lines.  People seem to be doing the right thing for now.  Though that being said, I don't go on the weekends or at peak times.  

56 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Unlike RCI the stores enforce the rules.

agreed, saw it in practice over the weekend.  Someone was continuously going down the wrong 1 way isles and the manger had to come out and explain it to him.  i think the grocery stores are less concerned about upsetting the customers than RCL...

RCCL knows full well that some people do not follow the rules they have now and they haven’t found the will or way to deal with them.

In the future, they may be sailing with rules mandated by federal policy.  How will they handle customers that refuse to comply?

And what will be their liability if they don’t?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm not an expert but dehydration,low blood pressure, heart disease or possibly inhaling to much carbon dioxide are worth getting checked for.

I wear a full face plastic visor and gloves plus long trousers,coat and shoes when I go to my local UK supermarket.

i have gone down the mankini route.  I find when wearing the mankini in supermarkets that no-one comes anywhere near me at all.  Makes shopping easy.  Sorry no pictures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 20165 said:

agreed, saw it in practice over the weekend.  Someone was continuously going down the wrong 1 way isles and the manger had to come out and explain it to him.  i think the grocery stores are less concerned about upsetting the customers than RCL...

Probably because the grocery customers can't remove tips.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I think it was Giunta Market on Portion Road. Especially in the vegetable/fruit section folks were going in both directions all the time. Just like the sneers some may get while wearing shorts in the MDRs, some felt it was their duty to be the mask police if you didn't wear it just right.

Very possible it's a smaller store but the Giunta on 109 in Farmingdale has the arrows.  I was in LiDL in Plainview today and they didn't have one way aisles either but they did have marker at check out.

20 minutes ago, hazence said:

RCCL knows full well that some people do not follow the rules they have now and they haven’t found the will or way to deal with them.

In the future, they may be sailing with rules mandated by federal policy.  How will they handle customers that refuse to comply?

And what will be their liability if they don’t?

The ships are not registered in the US, they won't be sailing with rules mandated by federal policy.  The cruise line will have their own rules and can have their own security staff trying to handle customers but I doubt they will enforce things too much.

As has been discussed a few times how do you keep people apart on elevators?  only 2 people per elevator?  that's not going to happen.  Security making sure only 2 people in a hot tub?  Security make sure people in the pools stay 6 feet apart.

How do they handle the tenders?  to get people off the ships and into a port fast they pack them in.  Do they eliminate the tender ports?

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Try to do something like that on a cruise ship with a couple thousand people.    That would be insane.   

I've read many guesses on what will happen on ships, but don't recall anyone suggesting one way directions anywhere in addition to existing places.