DCL Ships Docked at Port Canaveral

Firepath

I saw on a FB group that the Port Canaveral webcam today is showing 3 DCL ships. Don't know how long they've been there, but it's fun to see them all together. I believe they are Left

to Right, Fantasy, Dream, and Magic. I wonder where Wonder is.

29 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I saw on a FB group that the Port Canaveral webcam today is showing 3 DCL ships. Don't know how long they've been there, but it's fun to see them all together. I believe they are Left

to Right, Fantasy, Dream, and Magic. I wonder where Wonder is.

Yes, the Wonder is in San Diego.

It's reported the 3 ships are meeting up to switch around CMs to be repatriated to appropriate countries.  Magic going to Europe, then remaining there for her scheduled dry dock.  Dream heading for Mexico/Central America.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

How are they able to meet up in port when the other lines had to do it at sea using tenders?

Maybe because the CMs will only go between ships via DCL transfers within the port?  They won't be mingling with the public.

EDIT:  In the meantime, I found this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-stranded-cruise-workers-finally-221548330.html

Edited by Shmoo here

16 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Not on the ships 😉 

Cast Member on land, Crew for DCL

It's a silly correction. They are still cast members as while they are working, they are still on stage. They just happen to be cast members who are crew members.

From info I have been able to gather online the past few days, they're switching crew members around the ships, moving those that are from Europe, Asia and Australia to the Magic, then they will sail and possibly drop off crew members in countries that will allow them transit to return to their homes then she will sail apparently to Dover which I think is the final destination, once there the Magic will go into Cold Shut Down (utilizing shore power and water) which means they'll be able to offload most of the crew (skeleton crew to remain for daily upkeep), the ship will remain this way until there's word about resumption of operations as long as Europe is shut down. If they can resume operations it will take about 2 weeks to return the ship to readiness level (return crew, supply the ship etc) if they isn't any practical date to pick up again, the Magic will eventually put back to sea and sail down to Cadiz, Spain for her Dry Dock period in September with the hopes that they "might" be able to conduct a WBTA itinerary after. 

Edited by BartmanLA
  • Like 1