Princess Cancels Remainder of Summer Season

louden

49 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Since Princess is protecting the commission to TA's for bookings that were paid in full shouldn't we get the perks promised (not their commission). I use a big box company and had a $900 OBC coming so shouldn't that still be paid to me when they get their commission?

I don't see how the two are related. Of course you do cuz you lost $900 in OBC😀

• Like 1

I’m booked on the Enchanted Princess on Nov 28......I wonder if she will be completed and brought to the Caribbean sooner or be delayed

The Sky supposedly is crossing the pond headed for Rotterdam. Will she turn around and head to the the Caribbean for fall since her summer schedule is cancelled? 

I cant imagine the mess in the Princess headquarters. Then there are the crew members that went home...will they come back to work? Without sufficient staffing I could see ships mothballed.

But these things are insignificant compared to those losing their lives, losing their loved ones and businesses.

Let’s all hope for the best.

1 hour ago, sonomaphil said:

Fall season next.

Some fall cruises are already included.  The Pacific Princess Tahiti and French Polynesia cruises were scheduled in the fall.  I've just finished writing all our private excursions that the October 15th cruise (which we reserved on opening day) is canceled.  I'm very ambivalent.  We were really looking forward to it but am glad Princess took the decision making out of my hands since in my heart of hearts I know it is safer to stay home.  Luckily final payment wasn't due until mid August and we paid our deposit with FCD.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Since Princess is protecting the commission to TA's for bookings that were paid in full shouldn't we get the perks promised (not their commission). I use a big box company and had a $900 OBC coming so shouldn't that still be paid to me when they get their commission?

Sorry, but get real.

• Like 2

This is a HUGE change with Princess in operations.  It basically wipes out everything worldwide into the Fall.  Brings me back to my original prediction that they will start with shorter cruises and use the Caribbean sector to begin again.  Look for Caribbean cruises this Fall. 

I am a little shocked at the extent of this - a little - but should not be I suppose.

2 hours ago, chrysalis said:

If you are referring to the Crown, its trans-atlantic is cancelled soooo......

We are on the Regal. The Crown does this itinerary next year and costs about $2,000.00 more

for the same (type) cabin we have booked.

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

They would probably just put our FCC's back in our account if we fill out the form.  It sounds like the original FCC is refundable, so what would we lose by taking their offer of doubling it?  I wonder if we have to put it on a specific cruise?

I'm talking about future cruise credit.  FCD (Future Cruise deposit) would go back on your account but if you have paid for the cruise and do not want Future Cruise Credit you have to apply for the refund. 

Edited by franktown
correct.

Anyone know the new delivery date?  I keep looking at Princess website but they don’t have any updates.  We are to be on her RT Barcelona May 8,2021 for 21 days in Med.  We might be on the inaugural season after all 😊

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

So will Princess not contact us directly to inform us our cruise has been cancelled?  Thanks to the OP for this information.  We've received no notification from PCL - maybe we will receive something shortly.  We were on the Emerald to AK in September with a TON  of OBC/perks.  But honestly, I'm glad it's cancelled.  We were waffling as to what to do, but the decision has been made for us.  I was actually just as fearful of flying on a plane as I was boarding a ship.  We've been to AK several times, and she will be there for us when the time is right. 😢

I did receive an email on April 14th stating my August 11th Alaska trip on the Star was cancelled. Us, like you has a ton of pre-paid expensive excursions, OBC/perks, etc. In a follow up email from my PVP, she stated give them 60 days (HA!) to refund.

3 hours ago, nini said:

Wow... now to see if this creeps into September. Technically, Summer goes to

Sept. 22 (Summer Equinox).

I especially feel so sad for all of the staff.

My September 21st Island cruise was on the cancellation list, and many others into November.  

3 hours ago, nini said:

Dude, way past September.  My cruises in November were canceled.  

3 hours ago, nini said:

Autumnal Equinox (Spring Equinox,  Summer and Winter Soltices),

We were on the CB cruise to Greenland but not any more.  Just checked our personalizer page for the cruise and nothing has changed.  I suppose some day we will get an official notice that our cruise has been canceled.  At this point all we had was a FCD ($100 each) down so expect it to go back into the unused category.  Someday we might make it to Greenland (I hope). 

Just receive an email from Princess notifying us that the August CB cruise has been canceled.  They are offering a FCC equal to twice our deposit on this canceled cruise to be used by May 1, 2022.  Since we used two FCD (total $200) we will take the $400 FCC.  I sure hope we get to cruise again next year. 

31 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We were on the CB cruise to Greenland but not any more.  Just checked our personalizer page for the cruise and nothing has changed.  I suppose some day we will get an official notice that our cruise has been canceled.  At this point all we had was a FCD ($100 each) down so expect it to go back into the unused category.  Someday we might make it to Greenland (I hope). 

I just got an email from Princess informing me our cruise was cancelled as part of today's announcement and gives me a link to the FCC option.  We only had FCDs down for deposits as well on this cruise.  

I know that everyone wants to believe that Princess is doing this out of caution and the goodness of their heart but it's a business decision.  If these cruises were booked up, they would go as scheduled. No one is booking cruises right now.