Marella cancelled and don´t care....

Just posted a review, just want you to know..

Horror Story. Booked a 2 week cruise on TUI Marella Celebration for March next year, 2021. Cruise was confirmed, paid the price for the cruise, this was in July 2019

Noticed that the cruise had disappeared from their website in April, so i asked them if the cruise was cancelled - the answer was something like "No, our Dubai sailings will continue as scheduled . So i spent 1100 GBP on non refundable airline tickets to and from Dubai. And now they tell me that this cruise actually is cancelled, received a cancellation e-mail from them confirming that the ship will already is retired.

Called them yesterday and wanted to ask for a refund and compensation for the airline tickets; a rude woman told me that "No, the cruises with confirmed reservations will still sail, the ship will retire after that"

Asked on facebook, they do confirm that these 2021 cruises were cancelled and they also said that they don´t care about the airline tickets, 1100 GB that i booked because of my confirmed cruise. "Maybe your insurance company will cover it" No they don´t.

How can they treat people like this? They don´t care.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Regina Baltica said:

Horror Story. Booked a 2 week cruise on TUI Marella Celebration for March next year, 2021. Cruise was confirmed, paid the price for the cruise, this was in July 2019

Noticed that the cruise had disappeared from their website in April, so i asked them if the cruise was cancelled - the answer was something like "No, our Dubai sailings will continue as scheduled . So i spent 1100 GBP on non refundable airline tickets to and from Dubai. And now they tell me that this cruise actually is cancelled, received a cancellation e-mail from them confirming that the ship will already is retired.

Called them yesterday and wanted to ask for a refund and compensation for the airline tickets; a rude woman told me that "No, the cruises with confirmed reservations will still sail, the ship will retire after that"

Asked on facebook, they do confirm that these 2021 cruises were cancelled and they also said that they don´t care about the airline tickets, 1100 GB that i booked because of my confirmed cruise. "Maybe your insurance company will cover it" No they don´t.

Any flights you book independantly are totally your responsibility ,you bought a cruise off one company ,you bought flights off a different company, the cruise company has no liabilities regarding the flights just as the flight company has no liability regarding the cruise, simples

• Like 1

TUI have a lot to answer for and I've had my fair share of problems this year but this is one where they are right. No cruise line (or any other travel company) will accept responsibility for things you booked independently. My sister's holiday to Florida was cancelled but the travel company (not TUI) wouldn't pay for the theme park tickets she had booked. If you had a poor response from their customer services team that is a different matter - and one many of us have had experience with recently - but to expect them to compensate you for your airline tickets is just pie in the sky. You still have the flights; why not book a hotel stay in Dubai instead? But don't expect the hotel to compensate you if that gets cancelled too.

We need to remember that TUI is not a living breathing person with emotions and feelings.

TUI is a large business, who's sole aim is to make profit.

given the above, then we cannot expect TUI the business to "care" . Some of its employees will empathise, and may try to help as best they can within the guidelines set by the business,.....but remember, the business exists to make money,...not to "care" 

Its a crappy situation that you have found yourself in with regards to your flights, but in this instance the flight portion of your holiday does not fall within the control of TUI and so they will take no responsibility for that.

I wish you well recovering lost monies, but I wouldn't expect TUI the business to take any responsibility for your separate flight booking im afraid,...they do not exist to care,...they exist to provide holidays in order to make profit......for themselves and any shareholders.

Edited by Manchester is blue

15 hours ago, Regina Baltica said:

So sorry for the predicament you find yourself in.  Tui's lack of communication between their different departments and communication with their customers leaves a lot to be desired.

You still have your flights. As the departure is still some time away you may be able to find reasonable priced accommodation,  eg Airbnb,  to fit in with your dates.  You never know perhaps even a cruise with another line.

It could even be possible that the flight may still be cancelled nearer the departure time.  In that case  the airline may refund your costs or offer you alternative flights at a later date if they cancel.

Frustrating and heartbreaking as it is I think all you can do is wait till nearer the time and hope that a reasonable solution will be found. 

Thanks to everyone for your kind support! Our cruise this year got cancelled ofcourse and we were looking forward to next years cruise, and this happened. Can you imagine the disappointment? We all work hard for our vacations. 

Edited by Regina Baltica
spelling