Princess Survey What cruises will or not we consider 2020

intel

I would consider That Princess should be telling us what they have changed to attract us back. From our view we would like the following answers before booking again or for that matter any other line. 

1. What changes have been put place to address our safety should this or other causes arise. Included would be during a cruise, return to home port or cancellation prior to cruise refund of fares paid.

2. What changes being made to ensure the ship from a third party the ship is clear to sail. 

3. At present cabin stewards (in mini suites) are responsible for cleaning 20 cabins not possible in the time, the standard is continuely slipping

4. What changes in the buffet/self service areas of the ship

5. What changes in seating/times for meals etc

These are some things I would feel would entice me cruise again my wife I am not sure. The present model looks broken to me and I think they need to look the whole aspect. Our cruise history is 700+ nights and enjoy longer cruises and sea days. Costs would rise with some of the suggestions above that is why I  the model needs to be looked at. Looking at some of the prices being put out at the moment don't look much different from before. I would thought there would have been some big savings with the drop of the oil price  by buying forward

I'd expect that they'll do things similar to when ships have an outbreak of the norovirus. They'll add more handwashing facilities. They may reduce the passenger numbers--cutting back on the booking of cabins by more than two people. They'll screen people for fevers. I had one on my last cruise and visited the medical center. I was quarantined to my cabin except for temperature checks each morning and afternoon until I had three consecutive times without a fever. 

The OP post doesn't seem to match the title.  As to the title of the topic, I don't think there is much left on the calendar to consider for 2020.  My thinking is a Caribbean sector program and perhaps a Cali Coast and that's about it for 2020.

• Like 1

We got the email today that our August/ September Baltic/TA cruises on the Sky Princess were cancelled. We also have a 4 day coastal on the Coral Princess booked in September that hasn’t been cancelled yet. So, we added a 19 day Panama Canal cruise to it. R/T Los Angeles. 

9 hours ago, Ginger Pepper Mom said:

Has anyone heard anything about South America cruises on the Coral Princess? Ours is in December. Thanks for any information.

No further Coral Princess cruises have been canceled beyond the Alaska cruise season. We are in the same boat as you. 

We have 10 (ten) booking in 2021; however Princess still owes us for two cruises they cancelled and cancellation expenses to get us home.  We will not keep these future bookings if our funds continue to be retained by Princess and not refunded expeditiously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acmar said:

I will not consider any 2020 or indeed any future date cruise until I receive a full refund and FCC for my cancelled 35 day 4 April cruise.

We are in the same boat and if they do not refund us for the mini we booked on a 32 day cruise then we will be moving to another company.  Maybe Viking because several of our neighbors were booked on a Viking cruise which Viking canceled and they had paid over $25,000 per couple.  They all received their money back within two week of request just recently.

• Like 4

On 5/7/2020 at 2:59 PM, PrincessLuver said:

We are in the same boat and if they do not refund us for the mini we booked on a 32 day cruise then we will be moving to another company.  Maybe Viking because several of our neighbors were booked on a Viking cruise which Viking canceled and they had paid over $25,000 per couple.  They all received their money back within two week of request just recently.

I am also waiting for some credit card refunds but I realize they must be terribly overwhelmed with the massive volume of 18 ships each having multiple cruise cancellations from March to August - compared to the much smaller Viking line.  

I have read that RCI and Norwegian are experiencing similar issues.

I only got my Stimulus check May 6th!!

But I am so looking forward to being at sea again - I had no idea how much I miss it.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:22 PM, intel said:

I would consider That Princess should be telling us what they have changed to attract us back. From our view we would like the following answers before booking again or for that matter any other line. 

1. What changes have been put place to address our safety should this or other causes arise. Included would be during a cruise, return to home port or cancellation prior to cruise refund of fares paid.

2. What changes being made to ensure the ship from a third party the ship is clear to sail. 

3. At present cabin stewards (in mini suites) are responsible for cleaning 20 cabins not possible in the time, the standard is continuely slipping

4. What changes in the buffet/self service areas of the ship

5. What changes in seating/times for meals etc

These are some things I would feel would entice me cruise again my wife I am not sure. The present model looks broken to me and I think they need to look the whole aspect. Our cruise history is 700+ nights and enjoy longer cruises and sea days. Costs would rise with some of the suggestions above that is why I  the model needs to be looked at. Looking at some of the prices being put out at the moment don't look much different from before. I would thought there would have been some big savings with the drop of the oil price  by buying forward

I'm going to presume you haven't actually read the info Princess has out out? It addresses many of your comments including buffet, santizing, menus, furniture, cleaning, screening and so on..  maybe give it a read?  

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coronavirus-update.html.   The link to the PDF is there, 6-7 pages long with details, etc 

On 5/10/2020 at 3:28 AM, reedprincess said:

I'm going to presume you haven't actually read the info Princess has out out? It addresses many of your comments including buffet, santizing, menus, furniture, cleaning, screening and so on..  maybe give it a read?  

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coronavirus-update.html.   The link to the PDF is there, 6-7 pages long with details, etc 

Thanks for that had not received those advices from Princess. Whilst addressing a number of areas I raised it lacked any detail of how they were going to address them. The number of replies to this topic  and others regarding refunds is an example. Really not a money thing of refunds we want to feel safe and not experience what those poor souls on Ruby Princess with hundreds getting Coronavirus and 20 died. Whose worried about refunds.

A couple of good videos on follow up to the above, one that is updated where the ships are and their movements