Will VV need to rethink their no children policy?

Lupush

I wonder with the cruise industry seemingly not getting back to "normal" for an undetermined amount of time after sailings begin will VV need to rethink their adults only policy?  I know this goes against everything that they've marketed to this point, but in order to get cabins filled they may need to pivot.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Nymich said:

My guess is most of us who booked in the beginning did it in large part because of NO KIDS!  I would cancel as well I can get see kids anywhere.

Same here-One of the main reasons I picked VV was NO kids....

• Like 2

I don't see them changing the no kids rule. However,  they are already changing and/or eliminating perks that drew us to the line, and specifically the rock star suites, at the beginning. We don't want to rebook now with the possibility of more undesirable changes. Therefore,  we made the decision to go ahead and cancel all together today. If things look up in a year or two,  then we will be back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

This is why we want to book. NO KIDS!!!  I hope they dont change that policy or we wont book at all. 

No worries, I am sure they would not... The ship is not built, designed, or amenable to kids..And would not be pratical to be redesigned for kids...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No kids is a HUGE selling point for Virgin for us..We are over 65 and dont want to see any kids.   Please do NOT let kids on this ship!!!  We will NOT sail this ship if that happens!!!  I just convinced my husband to try Virgin because of NO KIDS  and a lot of other perks we like with this cruise line.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have small kids, and I’m researching Virgin exactly because they have a no kids policy. Since our kids were born 11 years ago, we’ve sailed with them every single time (11 cruises across 6 cruise lines).

As a our 20th wedding anniversary approaches, we are looking forward to leaving the kids home while we celebrate in an “adults only” environment. Virgin seems to be the right choice. 

Edited by Tapi

Highly doubtful, I believe the whole idea is a vacation away from the kids.   They risk losing family bookings. However, they do not need to put extra funds or focus on kids facilities like waterparks, kid clubs, kids meals, and babysitting services. 

ADULTS spend money

Kids eat 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, Lupush said:

I wonder with the cruise industry seemingly not getting back to "normal" for an undetermined amount of time after sailings begin will VV need to rethink their adults only policy?  I know this goes against everything that they've marketed to this point, but in order to get cabins filled they may need to pivot.

Thoughts?

Exact opposite. Not having kids means the opportunity to have vaccinated adults. If they were having kids that would be another obstacle to sailing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...