Roundtrip Seattle Cruise...

I know as of now Canada will not allow any cruise ships in the ports until July 1(but could be extended...). That said, if the cruise has a day in Victoria from 8-6, is the cruise likely to get canceled due to The Jones Act?

Unrelated, does RC still offer the coffee package card thing, or would you have to purchase the more expensive package which includes booze and sodas? Thanks

13 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

Unrelated, does RC still offer the coffee package card thing, or would you have to purchase the more expensive package which includes booze and sodas?

The $31/ 15 punch card should be available but is not always the best value - it all depends on how many punches the barista decides to use for your drink.

• Like 1

I would expect that Canada will extend the no cruising beyond July 1 and that the Alaska season is shot this year.  If you are already booked, I'd lift and switch to next year. BC just announced their 4 phase approach to reopening.  While cruising isn't mentioned specifically, resorts were, and they are phase 4.  We're not getting there for a while.

Yes the coffee package is available.  This is a screen shot from my Ovation Cruise Planner August 2021

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 11.37.41 AM.png

• Like 1

On the coffee card, typically if you get anything larger than a 'tall', many of the baristas will punch two spots on your card, which means you just bought two of your drinks from the card.  We've always been happy with a tall, and the card pays for us.  Not so much if there are multiple punches.

And I agree with Tree_skier.  Next season is booking up quickly, from those of us who had to move to next year already.  If Canada extends the closure, there is no guarantee the US govt would allow the ships to sail roundtrip without a Canadian port.  If you "Lift and Shift" now, you should still have a good selection for the same period next year, at the same price for your category.  

1 minute ago, barbeyg said:

On the coffee card, typically if you get anything larger than a 'tall', many of the baristas will punch two spots on your card, which means you just bought two of your drinks from the card.  We've always been happy with a tall, and the card pays for us.  Not so much if there are multiple punches.

And I agree with Tree_skier.  Next season is booking up quickly, from those of us who had to move to next year already.  If Canada extends the closure, there is no guarantee the US govt would allow the ships to sail roundtrip without a Canadian port.  If you "Lift and Shift" now, you should still have a good selection for the same period next year, at the same price for your category.  

Along with the PVSA problem there is no sign of things reopening in Seattle.  The Gov. in WA has been really resistant to any suggestions about reopening much so far. As other jurisdictions open more pressure will mount but no signs of it yet.

16 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

What do you mean by lift and shift? Does this mean if RC cancels the cruise, they will just book me the same cruise or similar the following year without me paying additional fees if the cruise is more expensive?

2 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

What do you mean by lift and shift? Does this mean if RC cancels the cruise, they will just book me the same cruise or similar the following year without me paying additional fees if the cruise is more expensive?

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30, 2021 – August 30, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before August 1, 2020.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

No the Lift and Shift program is part of the CWC and needs to be exercised before the cancellation but yes they will let you move this years cruise to next year and protect your pricing.

There is an extensive thread on it here.

Contact your TA or Royal depending on who you have booked with

• Like 1

Just now, FaithPlus1 said:

Couldn't I just deliberately find a cheap RC cruise for this year, and have them lift and shift to a more desirable (and expensive) date next year since they are locking in prices?

Yes, but I wouldn't tie up my money now.

1 minute ago, FaithPlus1 said:

Couldn't I just deliberately find a cheap RC cruise for this year, and have them lift and shift to a more desirable (and expensive) date next year since they are locking in prices?

the new sailing has to be within 4 weeks of the anniversary of the one you are moving, same sailing length (days), similar itinerary, same cabin category.   Must be done by August 1, 2020

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

the new sailing has to be within 4 weeks of the anniversary of the one you are moving, same sailing length (days), similar itinerary, same cabin category.   Must be done by August 1, 2020

What happens if the room is a studio balcony if those are already booked?

1 hour ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I know as of now Canada will not allow any cruise ships in the ports until July 1(but could be extended...). That said, if the cruise has a day in Victoria from 8-6, is the cruise likely to get canceled due to The Jones Act?

Unrelated, does RC still offer the coffee package card thing, or would you have to purchase the more expensive package which includes booze and sodas? Thanks

Seattle Cruise Port is closed indefinitely until "resolution of the public health emergency."  At this time, there is no published date for reopening the port.  Round-trip Seattle cruises may be canceled for all of 2020.

King County, where the Port is located, has the largest percentage of Covid-19 cases and deaths in Washington State.  With the planned phases of our state's "return to normal," non-essential travel won't happen even locally until well into the summer.

At this point, we are still under a very restrictive "stay home, stay healthy" order.

• Thanks 1