Galveston Port to Houston Airport

miss_rach

We are doing the 12 day Panama Canal cruise May 21, leaving out of Port Canaveral, FL and ending up in the Port of Galveston.  Have to fly back home to Tampa.  Looking at catching a one way direct flight from Houston back to Tampa.  Anyone that has done a cruise in/out of Galveston how did you get to the Port from Houston?  Its not close, maybe 1 hr ride.  Looking for shuttle recommendations etc...

Cheers!

14 hours ago, miss_rach said:

We are doing the 12 day Panama Canal cruise May 21, leaving out of Port Canaveral, FL and ending up in the Port of Galveston.  Have to fly back home to Tampa.  Looking at catching a one way direct flight from Houston back to Tampa.  Anyone that has done a cruise in/out of Galveston how did you get to the Port from Houston?  Its not close, maybe 1 hr ride.  Looking for shuttle recommendations etc...

Cheers!

Hmmmm?  🤔  Not sure why, but you posted a question about the Galveston Port onto the Cozumel board.  You'll have better luck if you post this question onto the Gulf Coast Departures board, where you will find lots of info about transport options to the Houston airport.

I'm looking forward to when my schedule will slow down and I can take these extended cruises.  Have a great cruise! 😎 

Agree with  JDC..better off asking or search in the Gulf Coast Departures board.  I'm sure that question gets asked often.

Having lived in Houston for a dozen years or so, I can say it may take more than an hour to go from Houston to Galveston.  I'm assuming from Tampa you are flying SW into Hobby.  If you are flying into Intercontinental it could take you a half hour longer depending on time of day.

This link might get you started as well,  https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

On 5/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, miss_rach said:

OK..thanx!  How do we get to Hobby?  We have and don't plant to rent a car.

Carnival Cruise line transfers , Galveston Limo transfers , Uber,  Lyft and others 

Edited by ssb