Post-covid Singapore Airlines

jp45atcc

Has anyone had dealings with Singapore Airlines after missing flights because of curtailed Celebrity cruise to Singapore?  I've been told a variety of things by reps at various times.  Latest info, by someone who actually seemed to know what she was talking about,  is that I'll get a refund.  I expect delay but no indication of how long.  Other's experience?

Ok...more details please...Who did you book the flights with? You missed the flight because Celebrity canceled? If you didn't book the flights with Celebrity, not sure what recourse you would have.

Please explain more.

• Thanks 1

The booking was with Singapore Airlines.  However, the Celebrity ship was rerouted to Dubai, rendering that ticket of no value.  I did advise the airline as soon as I knew.  Like others, I've gotten  "open ticket" offers, which I don't need.  I understand that things have developed over the course of this virus, but 5 months seems a long time for a remedy.  I think I'm convinced that, on future international bookings, I'll go with the cruise line air package.  Celebrity has been delightful about other related costs.

1 hour ago, jp45atcc said:

The booking was with Singapore Airlines.  However, the Celebrity ship was rerouted to Dubai, rendering that ticket of no value.  I did advise the airline as soon as I knew.  Like others, I've gotten  "open ticket" offers, which I don't need.  I understand that things have developed over the course of this virus, but 5 months seems a long time for a remedy.  I think I'm convinced that, on future international bookings, I'll go with the cruise line air package.  Celebrity has been delightful about other related costs.

Well, if you booked with Singapore, you are stuck with their cancelation rules, however modified they might be in the given circumstance due to Covid 19. Sing Air doesn't know or care that your flight needs changed because of a cruise cancelation. That is not their concern.

There are issues with booking cruise line air as well. That is absolutely not the cure to all problems. Please read the many threads here on cruise line airfares before to you commit to only flying cruise line airfares.

19 hours ago, jp45atcc said:

The booking was with Singapore Airlines.  However, the Celebrity ship was rerouted to Dubai, rendering that ticket of no value.  I did advise the airline as soon as I knew. 

I'm confused as to why this is Singapore Airlines' problem. You hired them to transport you between two places, you just don't need their services anymore. 

Check your travel insurance policy.

• Thanks 1

Singapour airlines are one of my favorite airlines. We only had one tour to Asia and it was to Philippines and we got there with Singapour airlines. I think if there is another airlines that can compete is Emirates airlines. Its really that luxurious and not cheap at all. Also their coverage is like the entire world 

On 5/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, jp45atcc said:

I think I'm convinced that, on future international bookings, I'll go with the cruise line air package.  Celebrity has been delightful about other related costs.

Are you aware that in many of these cases, the cruise lines are simply telling passengers, "sorry, we know we used to handle things like this and give refunds for the air but we aren't doing that now. You need to contact the airline."  Yes, I'm talking about people who booked air via the cruise line.