Transportation from Orlando to port Canaveral

didugger

1 minute ago, topaz123 said:

CORTRANS TRANSPORT: Used for  many years, by fat the least expensive, clean, reliable. SAVE SOME $$$

Just an fyi go port is cheaper than contrans. 18 bucks pp v.s. 20pp

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

Normally, I'd say Goport. We're having a horrible time getting our refund from them. I've lost trust in them. Everyone in our group has gotten a different excuse. 

I hate to hear that. I've never had to get a refund from them. Are they refusing to refund you or just giving you the run around on how long a refund will take?

• Thanks 1

We typically fly in the day before and rent a car (usually Hertz) at the airport to return the next day at the PC location.  That way we can use it to drive to a restaurant and do anything else that we want to do that evening.  We have stayed several times at Homewood Suites in PC (right across the street from Hertz) and really like it.  However, this year we are staying at the Country Inn and Suites because it is about $100 cheaper.  Haven't stayed there before, but it has good reviews and was completely remodeled after the last hurricane.  It is in the same area just behind the Hertz drop off.

• Thanks 1

We have used Go Port Canaveral for transport in the past and this year we had planned to use them again (this year we were going to book their hotel & ride pkg).  Take a look at their website for cancellation policy, they just updated it & now it’s giving credits VS refunds.  

So, now with COVID (Plus Mardi Gras being ready for us in time for our sailing date), we will wait until closer to book with GoPort.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I hate to hear that. I've never had to get a refund from them. Are they refusing to refund you or just giving you the run around on how long a refund will take?

We cancelled March 10. There are 4 reservations in our group. We all have documentation from them saying we'll get refunded. The latest excuse is that they need to follow the stay at home order in Florida and aren't able to issue  refunds. Well, we requested our refunds before the stay at home order was put in place and calls/emails are being answered, so obviously someone is working. Needless to say, when we rebooked our cancelled cruise and scheduled another we decided to not use them and go with Cortrans.

• Thanks 1

Goportcanaveral offers package deals including hotels and transportation.

We prefer to rent a car one way and typically stay in Orlando pre-cruise. Post cruise, unless your flight home leaves after about 2:00 don't bother with a rental and use Uber or a shared shuttle.

• Thanks 1

On your way down, I'd recommend a one-way car rental.  There are many good restaurants within a few miles of the port and surrounding hotels and having the car makes it easy to get around.  Morning of the cruise drop the car off and ride the free shuttle to the ship.  If you go this route, I'd swing through the port and drop luggage off first before returning the car.  This will make dealing with the shuttles much easier.

Agree with John on the return to just take Uber or a shared shuttle unless you're planning to spend some time in the area or Orlando.  If so, then another one-way rental would be a good idea.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, ranchette said:

How far in advance do you have to book GoPort?

With their current refund policy you are probably better off waiting to book them until you are fairly certain that your cruise will happen.  There are other options, including shuttle services, car rentals and even Uber/Lyft.

• Thanks 1

I agree with John. There are many transportation options available for you. This is certainly one of the very last things I would book in this upside down cruise world  Who knows which transportation companies will still stand by next year?

To give you an idea, here is a comparison table of a dozen or so solid SHARED SHUTTLE companies I've seen at the Port dropping passengers.

To link to the websites of any of these companies, please go here - Top Shuttle Companies to Port Canaveral.

MCO-to-Port-Canaveral-Shared-Shuttles.jp

Edited by SteerageJoe