RAMSES / RAMASSIDE LUXOR TOURS

GOTTODOIT

We were booked on the Norwegian Jade 18th March cruise which was cancelled.  I was the Leader organiser of a small group tour of 14 persons to Luxor from Safaga Port.  Some paid deposits and others paid the full amount.

Has any other groups received their refunds.

Our group has not received any refunds.  Emails have been sent and mostly they have been ignored.  Received one email that said I had been refunded which I promptly replied to informing them that myself and our friends had not been refunded.

I have received emails from the other participants saying that they too have not been refunded. Everyone has sent emails to Ramses also.

I appreciate it is difficult times but being fobbed off is not acceptable.  Give us a truthful time frame and we will be patient but do not ignore us.

Some have rebooked for next March cruise but will not be booking with this Company if they are going to treat their guests like this. 

Anyone else experiencing No refunds from this company.

Edited by GOTTODOIT
change wording

On 5/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, GOTTODOIT said:

We were booked on the Norwegian Jade 18th March cruise which was cancelled.  I was the Leader organiser of a small group tour of 14 persons to Luxor from Safaga Port.  Some paid deposits and others paid the full amount.

Has any other groups received their refunds.

Our group has not received any refunds.  Emails have been sent and mostly they have been ignored.  Received one email that said I had been refunded which I promptly replied to informing them that myself and our friends had not been refunded.

I have received emails from the other participants saying that they too have not been refunded. Everyone has sent emails to Ramses also.

I appreciate it is difficult times but being fobbed off is not acceptable.  Give us a truthful time frame and we will be patient but do not ignore us.

Some have rebooked for next March cruise but will not be booking with this Company if they are going to treat their guests like this. 

Anyone else experiencing No refunds from this company.

You asked if any other group has received their refunds- 

We were booked on an overnight group  Luxor tour with Ramses from your same March 18 Jade sailing. We  notified Ramses of the cancellation as soon as we became aware and we received full refund on Mar 15 th.  We were extremely pleased with the prompt reply and refund. 

35 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

You asked if any other group has received their refunds- 

We were booked on an overnight group  Luxor tour with Ramses from your same March 18 Jade sailing. We  notified Ramses of the cancellation as soon as we became aware and we received full refund on Mar 15 th.  We were extremely pleased with the prompt reply and refund. 

Thank you for your reply. 

I notified Ramses, the day we received notification of the cruise being cancelled and our group are still awaiting refunds.  Some paid just the deposit but in our case, we paid fully.

Ramses will not even respond to messages. 

This is the email below that they finally sent me yesterday and I have forwarded to all of our group.

I would be very wary of them or paying any deposits as if the tour is cancelled you will not receive a refund. They have liquidity problems and you have to wonder if they will even be in business.

n Fri, May 15, 2020 at 5:01 PM Ramses Tours Egypt <info@ramsestours.com> wrote:

Refunds
How you will get your refund 
Due to Coronavirus pandemic 
You will be receiving a voucher for the value of their booking 
or receive a cash refund between 6-12month after your claim as there is no liquidity due to paying refund in the last 3 months to all past and future clients so no liquidity available now at the company right now.

The Safaga Port was closed on the 4th March before the cruise was even cancelled so Ramses knew that they would not be able to conduct the tour and our sailing was on the 18th March and they can't find the funds to refund our group of 14.

Beware -  do not book as they may not be in business next year and certainly do not pay any deposits because you won't get a refund.