Regent Refund Roll Call

3 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Perhaps no longer on tenterhooks:

Cruise date 4/16/20, Splendor NYC to Barcelona.

Cancelled by RSS 3/30/20

Requested refund of our agent at RSS same day.  Agent called 8am next day, confirmed refund.

Yesterday, sent another friendly email, but starting to squeak. 

This morning 6/3/20 agent emailed, said refund is processed (in 5 parts, based on deposit, balance, flight biz, on board cooking events, outings).  

Haven't seen on CC yet, but hope to shortly.  Original card was compromised, had to reissue with new number, same bank.  Assume that won't be a problem.  So, hope to have all the chickens home to roost in short order.  

NOW we can talk about future cruises!  However, going to start with a 3 week road trip in south of France, see how things are going in cruise world before plopping down big coin of the realm.  

Strongly suggest you let your bank know that the refund is coming to the old card number.  We had a similar situation - having put the original deposit down about 3 years before we were to cruise the charges were returned to two now-defunct cards.  We had no difficulty getting one of the banks to send the funds to the correct account but are having a hard time getting the other (Citi) to locate the money from Regent and put it in the right place.  (And all this when my husband is a 36-year "veteran" of the same bank!!)

Road trip in the south of France sounds nice but when you start to cruise again you can see the south of France on a cruise.  Why not make the road trip to Switzerland which, in a small land area has a far greater diversity of things to see and do!   4 languages, 4 cultures, the Alps, the lakes and fabulous museums!!

Hambagahle,

Thanks for heads up.  My BS (Beloved Souse) called card provider, who said they would automatically reroute the credit to the new card that replaced the old, but would take a few extra days.  I'll post when every last dime is back in the vaults.  There were 5 separate charges, and looks like they get refunded separately.  

Funny you should mention Switzerland, I have been studying the map and plotting out an extended visit there - appears one can do a very nice job by train there - probably one of the best places in the world for that.  And, yes!  A veritable feast of cultural diversity, and spectacular scenery at every turn.  It is on my short list of countries I'd consider moving to, if need be.  

Regarding the trip in S of France, we have cruised along the coast several times, but there is so much more to see.  We have a dear friend who lives near Nice, a certified French guide (search Anthony Bay Is Europe), with whom we are plotting a nice little jaunt:  Fly to Paris for couple days, then to SW of France, do the Lascaux caves, Rocamadour, Toulousse, Carcassone (wowzer!), Narbonne, down to Collioure (near Spanish border, ancient fishing village nonpareil!), then up to viaduct at Millau, Le Puy, down to Orange, Avignon, the Luberon hills and groovy villages - hilltop and otherwise therein (Rousillon, Ansouis, Bonnieux),  down to St Remy, Pont du Gard, Nimes, the Camarque (have to see some flamingos!), Arles, Marseille (mandatory fish soup), Aix, up to Digne les Bains, along the Grand Canyon of Verdon (one of the great sights of Europe, they say), down to St Tropez (short walk along the pier, see whose uber yacht is tied up), and like to see the canals of Port Grimaud for fun, on to Cannes, over to Grasse (have a custom perfume made for the missus), and on to Nice.  Sounds slightly ambitious, but we have a scheme to stay two nights at each hotel.  We've done a number of these wacko road trips with our friend Mr Bay, who is a walking history book, multilingual, and a lot of fun to boot.  You have to like driving and watching the scenery go by, but without fail the best things we see are not in the books, just small towns you stop at or little old churches you spot up a long driveway, and all the nice people running the groceries and patisseries and obscure small town roadhouse restaurants feeding the truckers and the tourists.  A pure pleasure.  

Oops!  I think I violated the rules of this post - sorry.  I'll advise when the dough comes in!  

Edited by Will Work for Tiramisu

Scheduled cruise date: April 16, 2020

on Splendor

Canceled by us : March 5, 2020

Received today on our credit card: full reimbursement of taxes, port fees, extra money for excursions and Culinary Kitchen classes. Woo-hoo!

• Thanks 1

Good news. Credit hit our credit card account last night. Covered refund of deposit and small tour fee, only hits were the $100 per person penalty and $350 air fee.  Again, thank you for starting and moderating this thread!

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, Brownie54 said:

Scheduled cruise date: April 16, 2020

on Splendor

Canceled by us : March 5, 2020

Received today on our credit card: full reimbursement of taxes, port fees, extra money for excursions and Culinary Kitchen classes. Woo-hoo!

May I ask how you know what the taxes and port fees were?

We received 3 credit card credits for our Regent canceled April 16 cruise this week that covered about 92% of what they owe us. The remaining is an odd number ending in $.20. Date of transactions were 6/2. Seems odd if you got yours all at once. I can't find anything that shows our taxes and port fees.

Thank you for any insight.

Others with helpful info?

labonnevie,

Sorry I’m late in responding.

We canceled on March 6. On April 14 we received a guest cancellation statement through our TA . It stated what we had paid in total for the cruise which was x, then the cruise fare fee, which was y.That was the amount that we used as FCC for another cruise. When I subtracted the cruise fare fee from the amount we paid for the cruise, I was left with a balance still owed to us. That amount included $834 in shore excursions and a class for the 2 of us in the Culinary Kitchen. The rest I assume to be port fees and taxes.

We did get back either in the form of a refund or FCC everything we were owed.

SusieQft,

regarding my refund for the 4/7 cruise, the deposit has been refunded (took Chase a couple of days to find the correct new card number). Please update the spreadsheet.

• Thanks 1

Fellow Travelers, 

As noted above, had notice from our agent at RSS that refund was processed 6/3/20.  (We submitted 3/30/20 for refund right after RSS cancelled 4/16/20 Splendor cruise.)  Yesterday afternoon (6/6/20) the full amount of 5 different charges was credited to our card.  Yee Haw!  Note we had charged on prior card which was cancelled after it was compromised.  My DW (and Chancellor of the Exchequer) called and put card peeps on notice, and it all came in yesterday.  We're as happy campers as can be reasonably expected.  

• Thanks 1

If your credit is from a REGENT CANCELLED cruise, your refund is coming in order of the sail date. It appears they are now processing cruises from the later half of April and refunds are now appearing in less than 60 days from sail date...a definite improvement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pcardad, your posts have always been on the mark, so I ask you if you know why some of us are receiving partial refunds, see posts 141 and 142 plus myself.

Regent canceled our 4/16 cruise and we requested refund on 3/30. We received our $100 deposit hold and our $350 travel deviation credits and 92.3% of our final payment that was made 12/12/19. These 3 credits were processed 6/2. Also not received is $112 for shore excursions in excess of SBC.

Can you provide any insight?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

If your credit is from a REGENT CANCELLED cruise, your refund is coming in order of the sail date. It appears they are now processing cruises from the later half of April and refunds are now appearing in less than 60 days from sail date...a definite improvement.

And how about passenger-cancelled?  How are they being processed?

7 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

Pcardad, your posts have always been on the mark, so I ask you if you know why some of us are receiving partial refunds, see posts 141 and 142 plus myself.

Regent canceled our 4/16 cruise and we requested refund on 3/30. We received our $100 deposit hold and our $350 travel deviation credits and 92.3% of our final payment that was made 12/12/19. These 3 credits were processed 6/2. Also not received is $112 for shore excursions in excess of SBC.

Can you provide any insight?

Thanks

I can only guess but I think that, in your case, you paid for the shore excursions in a separate transaction. They are probably being refunded separately from the cruise fare itself. I would expect you to see the remainder before long.