Regent Refund Roll Call

5 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Refund request deadline for cruises Regent cancelled on 13 March was 13 April; looks like you might have been one day too late to request a refund.

Here is link on Regent website:

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2020-05/RSSC_VoyageSuspensionFAQ_052020.pdf

Look at top of second page.

Marc

Has anyone called in to change from a refund to a $125% future cruise credit?  Is this something Regent has granted?

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:33 AM, TamRod said:

Regent Explorer

scheduled sail date 4/27/20
Regent cancelled cruise 3/30/20
Regent cancelled excursions 3/30/20

I requested full cash refund 3/30/20

Received confirmation from Regent 3/30/20

no refunds as of 5/25/20

Thanks SuzieQft,

TamRod and Ruidoso Ann

Good Morning!

Regent has refunded every penny for our April 27th Explorer, Barcelona to London to both me and my cabinmate, RuidosoAnn.  It showed up on our credit cards yesterday, June 8, but was shown to be credited on June 4, (26 days before the 90 day time limit estimate given by Regent).  The refund included deposit, full payment, air deviation fees, and extra cost excursions.  As a reminder, Regent cancelled the cruise on March 30, 2020, we requested full refunds and received confirmation on March 30, 2020.

Thanks for helping all of us keep track of this, SusieQ.

We shall cruise again!

TamRod and RuidosoAnn

Edited by TamRod
  • Thanks 1

sail date  4/17/20                                                                                                                                                                                                      cancelled  by Regent 3/13/20                                                                                                                                                                                  request for 100% refund 3/14/20                                                                                                                                                                            full refund 2 payment 6/4/20    6/10/20                                                                                                                                                            

Okay, our refund was received this morning by Amex Canada.  I've spoken to them and provided the required supporting documentation (!).  They can only cut a cheque for some reason.  This will take 10-15 days.  Oh well, at least I've got it safely out of Regent's hands.

Wendy the Wanderer 1/4/2021 4/24/2020 6/10/2020 47   6/8/2020

I'll let Susie calculate the number of days it took.  Thanks Susie.

• Like 1

Regent is done with April sailing refunds - now working on May 1 - May 15. Also done with refunds from August and beyond.

Their pace is picking up and their communication is getting better! I am putting on my cheerleader outfit again!

And August sailings are said to be cancelled...more info next week when Regent comments. I am just sharing "personal opinion"...

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2

We got notification today of one excursion charge that we charged to Amex was refunded.  Fingers crossed that the big boys on the Chase card follow!   Sail date was 5/11 and refund request was 4/15.  Stay tuned!

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, cruisealert said:

Scheduled sail date - 04/01/2020 - Splendor, Miami - NYC

Regent cancelled cruise and excursions - 03/13/2020

Request for refund submitted via TA - 03/14/2020

No refund as of June 8,2020

We were to be on the Splendor with you. Our cancellation calendar looks just like yours. Our TA notified us yesterday that Regent has made the refund. My credit card bank isn’t showing it yet, but hopefully today or tomorrow.

Pat

• Thanks 1

Forgot to post here, but our was cancelled late Feb and was posted May 28 - I think almost exactly 3 months. They also refunded my culinary courses without my prodding.

Now just to deal with cancellation insurance on my flights to MIA lol!

I'll give regent a + on this cancellation experience for myself. Wasn't immediate, but it came and without a lot of fuss. I'm just glad I didn't desperately need the $$... although if that was the case I probably wouldn't have been booking a Regent cruise in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am delighted to report that our refund is complete and accurate for our cruise that was scheduled on May 11, 2020.  This posted on my Chase Visa card on 6/9/2020.   What a relief from the dark early days!

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:10 AM, MadMarine said:

I received partial payment, 87% so far.

scheduled cruise: 4/27, Barcelona to Southampton

requested refund for canceled cruise:  3/30

partial refund:  6/2

Mad

Today we received 4 separate refunds for culinary kitchen classes, shore excursions, deposit and (presumably) cruise fare which was also 13% short.  I'm assuming that might be port fees and taxes.  It is ridiculous for Regent to be doing their bookkeeping in public.  Port fees and taxes aren't broken out on our guest statement.  They should be refunding the total stated amount for the cruise fare as one refund payment...it certainly was when we paid them.

From the spreadsheet it appears that it took Mad Marine 10 more days to receive the missing portion of their refund!

Edited by Portolan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Portolan said:

Today we received 4 separate refunds for culinary kitchen classes, shore excursions, deposit and (presumably) cruise fare which was also 13% short.  I'm assuming that might be port fees and taxes.  It is ridiculous for Regent to be doing their bookkeeping in public.  Port fees and taxes aren't broken out on our guest statement.  They should be refunding the total stated amount for the cruise fare as one refund payment...it certainly was when we paid them.

From the spreadsheet it appears that it took Mad Marine 10 more days to receive the missing portion of their refund!

Not quite 10 days.  Processed on the 8th,  increase in credit noted on the 10th, transaction posted on the 11th.  Still a delay.  I have no idea how they broke it down.  I had a total of 11 payments across two credit cards.  I recognized the excursion costs, the installment payments(mostly) and the initial payment.  The rest?  A mystery.  Still the total received = the total payed.  Took time.  All is good!

Yes, ours was broken down into six transactions....some I recognized, some I didn’t.  However, the bottom line was correct so Regent is forgiven for the convoluted posting of the refund.  

On 6/12/2020 at 8:45 AM, Portolan said:

Well, it only took one more day for the balance to show up today so we have been made whole for our May cruise.

SusieQft: thanks for running the spreadsheet.  I think many are finding it useful.  May I suggest, at least for my entry (and probably MadMarine's) that the delayed portion of the refund be labelled in the remarks as port fees & taxes to reassure others who have the same experience that when their cruise fare refund doesn't match what they paid, it's most likely the same reason for breaking it down into two separate refunds.

• Thanks 1

Susie: 

Update to my earlier posting which detailed refund from Regent for basic cruise fare for our canceled (by Regent) 03/14/2020 Splendor San Diego-Miami cruise.  Noted we had not been compensated for 03/14/2020 costs getting us back to Seattle from San Diego. 

Today, received check from Regent Seven Seas in an amount which will cover those air fare and baggage charges.  Other incidental expenses related to transport from SEATAC to our Redmond, WA residence appear not to have been reimbursed.   BUT--I am satisfied. 

Also--checked our VISA CC account for recent transactions.  On 06/09/2020, we were given a several hundreds of dollars Credit from "Cruise Line".  Another review of that Splendor Invoice showed this was the amount we paid for a "Special Ceremony" which would have taken place on Splendor to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  That, of course, did not happen. 

GOARMY!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.  That, of course, did not happen. 

GOARMY!

What?  You didn't celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary?!?!?!  😀

mrievin: 

Yes, the trauma caused by missing that Event was tooooo-much.  Breaking up, as the song goes, was hard to do.  

So--we didn't.

Defaulted to Plan B.  (Military background.  Always have Plan B, and C.) 

Our 50th was celebrated back at Redmond--at our residence--later that week due to local "stay-at-home" restrictions.   Enjoyed a Champagne bottle saved from last August-September's Explorer BtB Baltic/U.K. segments.  So--it was Regent Champagne, after all.  Just a different setting. In the scope of life, just a minor ripple.

Now, with two 2020 Regent cruises canceled--must look forward to Explorer at Tokyo in April, 2021.   Hoping for a vaccine.   

GOARMY!

• Like 1

Watch your refunds.  We got ours early this month, and I was happy.  However a few days ago we got another refund of $1400+, forgot we booked something with another credit card.  I forgot about it, but Regent didn't.😃

• Like 1

I have been told by Regent that my request for reimbursement for the (substantial) cost of getting from San Diego to Switzerland has been approved and that they will contact me to set up a wire transfer of the funds.  (No cheques in Switzerland and haven't been for well over 30 years now...). I do not as yet know how much they will reimburse but will post once I do.  Swiss has also told me that I can expect full reimbursement for the flight from MIA to ZRH that I could not take (Swiss cancelled this route around 12 March...).  So all that is good news.

All we could do to celebrate our 55th anniversary on 20 March was to have a pizza delivered but we made up for it as soon as restaurants re-opened on 11 May by going to what we consider the best restaurant in the Valais (1 star Michelin, 17/20 G-M points) for a "splendid" lunch.   Still would rather have had that celebration on the Splendor.

• Like 2