cancellation of marella celebration

hi all

we booked our celebration cruise on board explorer 2 in November as we sailed across the atlantic, we were supposed to sail in September but now she is retired. the  e mail I got from tui last week said now that my cruise is cancelled(no mention of them retiring the ship)  options where they send  voucher code  5 days after I pay the full balance  25th june.  I don't want the 20%  thing.  so why cant tui in the e mail  list the options  with tick boxes  so I can tick the box that says deposit refund to your card,  i can then send that back  and get my refund. we all don't have to spend hours on the phone to part with our cash for the balance, that's done in seconds.   am I right in thinking booking on board ship is classed as booking in a tui shop and I would need to ring  a shop number and not the number given in the  e mail.   are there any other people in this predicament  with  celebration this summer out of dubrovnic any info guys would be welcome

How disappointing, never booked onboard so can't help with that but I do know that all Tui shops are closed so you will have no help from them, and the phone calls take forever. No help I know but you would have been on our favourite cruise/ship and entertainment. Honestly think you will be sorted out eventually, financially, just sorry I can't help to make you feel better. We are still waitng for our refund. 🙄 Good luck🤗

hiya pensioncruiser,  agree with you celebration was a great little ship, we loved it, must have been on her 5 times, sadly no more.  have read all the stuff on my paperwork and i think i will in time have to ring a tui shop, i think some of the staff from shops are working from home.  we should have been on dicovery 2 on 17th of march,  got text saturday 14th march at 9am  it was cancelled, due to prime minister  of jamaica saying no cruises to dock there.we had our money refunded  in the bank monday 16th march so cant complain.  just listened to boris on tv,  social distanceing very slowly being eased, did think i may be able to book alternative cruise for september  but its looking very doubtfull.   good luck with your  refund

We are looking at 2021but as things are we would not be booking, certainly not until the FCO lifts it advice on cruise travel for the over 70 as no way would you be able to obtain insurance. 🙄 You might be OK if it was booked prior to March. 

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

We are looking at 2021but as things are we would not be booking, certainly not until the FCO lifts it advice on cruise travel for the over 70 as no way would you be able to obtain insurance. 🙄 You might be OK if it was booked prior to March. 

Hi PC.

Its a sorry state at the moment regarding any travel. I don’t think that we will see any movement with tourism until they come up with a vaccine and that doesn’t look like it will be any time soon. I can’t see the point of tour operators selling holidays while this uncertainty is here. Who would want to pay a deposit/balance knowing how difficult it will be to get their money back if the trip is cancelled. Difficult times, I think that keeping your money in your own account is prudent until this is over.

Keep well.😉

51 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi BJ 

Totally agree just wondering if Tui have written something into the new T&Cs about the over 70s as IMO it would be irresponsible if they sold a cruise under the existing FCO info. 🤔

Keep safe all. 

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they let over 70s go ahead and book cruises. After the last few weeks nothing is off limits with them. I think it’s a case of buyer beware.

🙄