Carnival Insurance with AON

teabags2

Why so long to receive reimbursement?  We canceled our May 2 cruise with Carnival on February 26th due to me having a fall and breaking a rib.  Filed the paperwork including doctor's report and results from a radiologist.  As I booked through a T/A Carnival shunts me back to them.  Everybody says "yes you'll get your refund" but I'm concerned with the delay and the possibility that Carnival will declare bankruptcy and I'll wind up a creditor.  Yes I know things must be chaotic but where's my money?   Yes! I had travel protection insurance from Carnival.  Any hope I'll see my money?.

13 hours ago, teabags2 said:

Why so long to receive reimbursement?  We canceled our May 2 cruise with Carnival on February 26th due to me having a fall and breaking a rib.  Filed the paperwork including doctor's report and results from a radiologist.  As I booked through a T/A Carnival shunts me back to them.  Everybody says "yes you'll get your refund" but I'm concerned with the delay and the possibility that Carnival will declare bankruptcy and I'll wind up a creditor.  Yes I know things must be chaotic but where's my money?   Yes! I had travel protection insurance from Carnival.  Any hope I'll see my money?.

Sorry for your medical issues which caused you to cancel and trust you are now or have mended.

Have you reached out to AON concerning the delay? Maybe they require additional paperwork? Back log? Still in review?

Does your policy actually provide for a refund or credit?

What does your policy actually say about this type of situation? Not what you were 'told' but the actual policy wording as that is the governing factor, specifically.

bon voyage

16 hours ago, teabags2 said:

Honestly, I'm very confused

Here is what I am understanding from your post.

You called and cancelled your scheduled May 2nd cruise on February 26th.

I can only assume that you then started the claim with AON on or near that date. ( You don't clearly state that)

Here is where I get confused.

You state that Carnival shunts you back to your TA.  Carnival is no longer involved in this. The insurance company is involved now.

You state that you are concerned Carnival may file bankruptcy.  Again, Carnival is no longer even in the picture here. This is all between you and AON.

** Carnival sold you a cruise

Along with that cruise, you purchase a travel insurance plan that is managed by a travel insurance company called AON.

You cancelled the cruise with Carnival. Carnival is no longer in the picture. All Carnival did was sell you a policy on behalf of AON. Carnival took their $20 commission and sent the rest to AON so you could have travel insurance.

You now deal with AON to be reimbursed for any valid claims under the insurance program

Edited by klfrodo
  • Thanks 1