Bridge?

Wuzzle10

Do the new Saga ocean ships have regular bridge games during the cruise? Asking for my mum who is 84yrs old and never been on a cruise, plus she is a widow , do you think she would be well looked after on Saga, thank you

Saga currently only have the one new ship (the other is still being constructed) but both have dedicated card rooms.

On our cruise there were bridge instructors, and there were classes each sea day (one beginners and one intermediate) plus they arranged games.On that cruise the passengers who enjoyed whist organised games between them abd booked th card room - so other cruises may do it the other way round, i.e, have whist instructors and the bridge playing passengers organise their own games).

Your best bet is to try and find out from Saga whether the cruise your mother is interested in will have bridge instructors, in which case  there will be bridge games.

Bear in mind that it will be difficult for Saga to give a definitive answer, as they do not yet know which cruise will actually go ahead.

As to whether she will be well looked after  I think that most cruise lines look after their elderly single passengers well, arranging singles events/lunches etc. (Remember that while they have excellent medical centres, they are not care homes) Previously, I would not have hesitated to say yes, they will look after her extremely well, but my experience on the new ship suggests that there are so many procedural changes by management that the level of care is not as good as it should be, although the individual crew members are as kind and caring as always.

Others may have found differently and tell you it is as good as it always was.

Saga have the edge in that they arrange transport to and from the sip, and also have included insurance for the cruise itself which covers all ages and most medical conditions - but NOT (at the minute) anything related to Coronavirus.