Lift & Shift on New Reservations

I am being told I can not move my reservation over because it's a new reservation.  No where does it say that.  T&C just state "existing reservations".  I know I've read here that this has been done.  I know if I call back another time I'll get a different response.  

9 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I am being told I can not move my reservation over because it's a new reservation.  No where does it say that.  T&C just state "existing reservations".  I know I've read here that this has been done.  I know if I call back another time I'll get a different response.  

When did you make the reservation?

To where do you want to move it?

6 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Same here just different dates.  I did September 2020 to September 2021.  I'll call later or tomorrow.  

Call back.  Call until you get someone who will help you.

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

When did you make the reservation?

To where do you want to move it?

I did it today just like not-enough-cruising.  September 2020 Symphony Eastern to September 2021 Symphony Eastern.   They said it was because I had a new reservation.  They also messed up my initial booking and made it non-refundable instead of refundable.  On hold to get it changed back.  Ughhh.

5 minutes ago, patattack said:

Just want to clarify.  If I book a New England cruise tonight for Sept 2020, I can immediately shift it to Sept 2020?

Thanks for your help,

Pat

I assume that was a typo:  You mean shift it to Sept 2021?

Theoretically, yes, but the OP ran into roadblocks.

I assume that was a typo:  You mean shift it to Sept 2021?

Theoretically, yes, but the OP ran into roadblocks.

Yes I meant 2021....... thanks for catching that.

Pat

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

They obviously need/want the cash flow or they would have made the policy for L&S only applicable to bookings made PRIOR to May 6th. 

Thinking that this might eventually happen. 

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm looking at booking Adventure ots 5 night to bermuda for june 2020 with suite guarantee price of 834 pp then switch to 2021 however the same ship class is not available may thru july.  Will this be a problem with the l&s program?

Ship class does not matter.  same basic itinerary and same length are the key criteria

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm looking at booking Adventure ots 5 night to bermuda for june 2020 with suite guarantee price of 834 pp then switch to 2021 however the same ship class is not available may thru july.  Will this be a problem with the l&s program?

I did this last week and they assigned me a cabin since the new sailing did not have a guaranteed rate option. BUT several others on here and other social media forums are now saying they won’t move from a guarantee rate to a regular rate. I would call Royal and ask as it seems they are being more restrictive vs. when lift and shift was announced. Please let us know!

Hi all! If I book July 1 - 10, 2020 on Adventure now, then L&S to Oasis July 30 - August 8, 2021, same basic itinerary, would that work? Both are 9 nights from Bayonne.  Also, it sounds like while I'm on the phone I can then L&S right then? 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call tomorrow and move it

Someone said earlier that they have updated the language of the lift and shift and it’s more restrictive. I would call Royal before I booked anything or you may be stuck with a cruise you don’t really want.

3 minutes ago, bbinz said:

Someone said earlier that they have updated the language of the lift and shift and it’s more restrictive. I would call Royal before I booked anything or you may be stuck with a cruise you don’t really want.

You are not going to be stuck with it, because that cruise is not going to sail anyway? It's a July 2020 cruise, worse case you get your payment back when they cancel in July

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, bbinz said:

They haven't updated any of the FAQ's on either the consumer or TA website.  Ever since the first day there has been variation depending on who you talked to.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Sorry but it is still a shame how many misuse this good option now and show off with their saving due to shifted fake bookings. Royal's agents should not be bothered with all this calls to close such deals but focus on the people who are really not able to travel as planned and still waiting for help, solutions and refunds.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Sorry but it is still a shame how many misuse this good option now and show off with their saving due to shifted fake bookings. Royal's agents should not be bothered with all this calls to close such deals but focus on the people who are really not able to travel as planned and still waiting for help, solutions and refunds.

It's keeping them afloat though.............guess you don't get that part........all about $$$$

It's like when you go on board and get a glass of coke from the bar out of the tap.........everyone knows fountain soda does not cost $4.50 a glass?

I guess you won't like then what I lifted and shifted to........................

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

You really don’t understand the situation. No one is mis-using or taking advantage. We are willingly giving Royal Caribbean cold hard cash interest free for a year or more- in exchange they sell us a cruise for 2021 at 2020 rates. VERY FAIR TRANSACTION. 

• Like 7