Will I enjoy Carnival

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

The onboard experience isn’t engineered by the cruise line to ensure fun is had by all?

Again, that doesn't mean that it's artificial. They provide the opportunity for the passengers to have fun but it's up the passengers to actually have fun. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure why someone who doesn't like Carnival would even take the time to post on the Carnival boards.  It seems like it would be more enjoyable for them to post on the cruise line boards where they really enjoy things about those cruises.

Fun isn't artificial if a person is actually experiencing it.  The comedy shows aren't artificially produced fun.  That was such a silly comment.  Carnival isn't for everyone.  Royal has some amazing ships and great theater shows.  There is a completely different vibe on those ships to me.  Carnival is a line where my husband and I can get away from it all in a casual environment.  There's so much energy and it really helps to pump up the fun.  The comedy shows are great and our favorite of any line.

Just because some people like a particular line or experience, doesn't mean it's worse or better than another person's choices.

• Like 1

Carnival is one of the best I know around. I have never really heard any direct negative attitude towards it. I mean its a company like many others, operating according to its policies obiding all the laws and regulations. As far as their service goes - well I wouldnt say that its a unique one but just as good as other compnies.. 

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

The onboard experience isn’t engineered by the cruise line to ensure fun is had by all?

No, not at all. Providing activities isn't engineering an experience. 

Don't all the cruise line offer various activities? From what I've read,  cruisers can attend seminars, take cooking and dance classes,  etc. Are they artificially engineering an experience?

Edited by cruizergal70

Yes I believe that you would enjoy a Carnival cruise, we cruise alot every year(close to 3 months a year on all the major cruise lines) and we always get off a Carnival cruise smiling. 

But like others have said take at least a 7 day or longer cruise. 

Also our cabin location is that we love it in Spa area and that includes going to the thermostic pool and heated beds and all the various sauna room this is included in the price of your room.

Usually on Carnival it is 3 generations of a family all there to spend fun time with grandparents and cousins, aunts etc and they have lots of laughs and seldom do we hear people complaining.

The food on Carnival is good and of course Guys burgers are the best on the high seas.

Go on Carnival, they even have a pool deck for adults only and they police it so it really is for adults only.  

29 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Don't all the cruise line offer various activities? From what I've read,  cruisers can attend seminars, take cooking and dance classes,  etc. Are they artificially engineering an experience?

Yes.

22 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Disney says they are "The Happiest Place on Earth".  That's a promotion as well, like Carnival. The staff's atitude is what takes that promotion and helps make it happen. 

• Like 2

One thing that I love on Carnival ships is their Karaoke! They absolutely have the best! Now, I don't participate, but I love to go and watch and it is always more entertaining that what I find on other ships.The emcees or hosts make it more entertaining as well.  

I'm of the opinion that there are a lot of ppl that sing, single out Carnival ships so that they can Karaoke!

Edited by Radiioman46

On 5/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, wesorbeth said:

I like the fun factor. I also like not having to make reservations for everything.

This!  I much prefer the first come first serve style to shows etc. than having to book everything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Disney says they are "The Happiest Place on Earth".  That's a promotion as well, like Carnival. The staff's atitude is what takes that promotion and helps make it happen. 

Oh, I have no problem with any slogan or promotion.  I tend to avoid most on board activities anyway. I cruise for the ports. 

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

If it's fun you're seeking, they are the only cruise line that technically sells artificial fun.

What exactly is artificial fun? Although I have only cruised on RCI and Carnival, I have had fun on each of the 40 or so cruises I have been on no matter what cruise line I was on. While I prefer RCI, I don’t have anything bad to say about Carnival with the possible exception that their ships always feel more crowded than RCI’s ships. RCI has a lot more going on their ships every day, to the point they have to produce two Compasses on their larger ships to cover all the activities of the day. I have never been on a Carnival ship that has more than one Fun Times for a single day.  Are all the planned activities offered by both cruise lines considered artificial fun to you? I am not trying to be snarky, I am just trying to understand what exactly your comment means. I have read countless comments by you and this is the first one I have not understood. 

Just now, cruizergal70 said:

Oh, I have no problem with any slogan or promotion.  I tend to avoid most on board activities anyway. I cruise for the ports. 

This is what is so great about cruising. At least in the Caribbean, I cruise for the ship since I have been to most of the ports multiple times. But this is another example of why cruising appeals to so many people    and why it was increasing in popularity every year until COVID-19 came along. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This is what is so great about cruising. At least in the Caribbean, I cruise for the ship since I have been to most of the ports multiple times. But this is another example of why cruising appeals to so many people    and why it was increasing in popularity every year until COVID-19 came along. 

Of course.  I just didn't understand the one poster's assertion of "artificial fun." As if offering voluntary activities takes away the "purity" of a cruise.

30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What exactly is artificial fun? Although I have only cruised on RCI and Carnival, I have had fun on each of the 40 or so cruises I have been on no matter what cruise line I was on. While I prefer RCI, I don’t have anything bad to say about Carnival with the possible exception that their ships always feel more crowded than RCI’s ships. RCI has a lot more going on their ships every day, to the point they have to produce two Compasses on their larger ships to cover all the activities of the day. I have never been on a Carnival ship that has more than one Fun Times for a single day.  Are all the planned activities offered by both cruise lines considered artificial fun to you? I am not trying to be snarky, I am just trying to understand what exactly your comment means. I have read countless comments by you and this is the first one I have not understood. 

Theoretically, both cruise lines provide a similar experience but it’s marketed differently on Royal. The original poster mentioned she was looking for fun and simply put, Carnival is the only one that strictly markets “fun.” They sell fun. They don’t sell luxury or until recently, anything over-the-top.

The experience provided by Carnival is artificial. It’s produced by the energetic team members Carnival has in addition to being backed by a lot of the fun activities. Sailing on Carnival very recently, it’s actually one of the things that stuck out to me as a high positive and I complimented this to the brand ambassador: they know their product, have people passionate enough to create the experience and provide experiences directly towards their target audience. It’s their team members who get people involved and create feelings... whether it’s the bartender, the Fun Squad or even your stateroom steward. Let’s be real... most of their ships are very cookie cutter compared to competitors but the fun factor is there. It’s artificially engineered, built and embraced by an aggressive passion. It’s one of the few areas in which Carnival excels.

It’s in a similar ideology to how the cruise lines provide simulated experiences. Many people visit Labadee, for example, going to the beach or maybe riding the zipline or alpine coaster. It’s simulated. It’s built as a way to create immersion. But... people describe it as going to Haiti instead of going to a resort-style experience where you don’t leave the fences. Theme parks and shipboard experiences as well... it’s all simulated. Even many shore excursions are simulated without you realizing it.

A previous poster mentioned Disney. Again, it’s artificial. They sell magical moments. This is accomplished by using elevated levels guest services with a combination of storytelling. Everything is part of the show and they try to capture nostalgia whenever they can to push these feelings further.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

It really depends on the customer. For me, give me nice weather, some fun stuff, good food (burgers and tacos will do for me), great price, fun atmosphere, etc and I'm all in.

Trying to put it as nicely as I can, some people just can't have fun. I know of many family and friends who would absolutely hate it because that's just how they are.

Even that aside, it's still not for everyone. I can appreciate those who like a different product.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Carnival is one of the best I know around. I have never really heard any direct negative attitude towards it. I mean its a company like many others, operating according to its policies obiding all the laws and regulations. As far as their service goes - well I wouldnt say that its a unique one but just as good as other compnies.. 

They don't abide by all the laws and regulations. ie:illegal dumping

• Like 1

I have done many cruises.  I am not a "nit picky" person like some, so that can be a big decision for some people.  I have cruised on other cruise lines, but for price, itinerary, and staff, for ME, that is why I keep coming back to Carnival.  Is it perfect, NO, but things can always be worse!