Gift Card Refunds?

mbglib

48 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

So I have GC's My adult kids buy them for me.  Gifts for occasions .If I wanted to get a refund it would be refunded to them correct? 

Gift Card's (GC's) are refundable ?? or transferable ?? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Gift Card's (GC's) are refundable ?? or transferable ?? 

All gift cards can be used by anyone who has the full 16 #s and the security code

They can be resold at numerous places (currently at 20% less than face value) but cannot be refunded at the sellor

Added: in California you currently only have the right to have the merchant (Princess) refund if it is $10 or less 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

So I have GC's My adult kids buy them for me.  Gifts for occasions .If I wanted to get a refund it would be refunded to them correct? 

Refunds for cancelled cruises go to the method of payment. If you paid with gift cards, the refund would go back to the gift cards.

It would not go back to how the gift cards were paid for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Refunds for cancelled cruises go to the method of payment. If you paid with gift cards, the refund would go back to the gift cards.

It would not go back to how the gift cards were paid for.

Thank you I would not want "the kids" lol

to think I did not like them!

So update after 139 days from date of cancellation, finally have gift cards re-loaded for all the correct amounts.  I was told that the refund was processed on 7/30/20, however it took until today for the gift cards to actually show up on my end.  Now we await a $439 credit card refund in order to be finally done with this total refund.  The only reason I am giving out these dates is for those that are still waiting to know what to expect as I watched this thread to see others experiences.  Good Luck to all who are still in this stage and awaiting your refunds.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I hope mine show before my Alaska deposit is due. I'm not putting cash down on that while I still have gift cards & FCC 

I totally agree, I used gift cards for my deposit on my Panama Canal in 2022,  and am going to pay off the balance with more gift cards to get the extra discount with the new promotion. However, will not be putting 1 penny of my cash into the booking. At this point we really dont have anything to lose because the cards have been paid for. Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I have $3847.87 sitting on 5 gift cards. I have been told that there's 317.76 on another card that I don't have a screenshot of and there should be $150 more in bonus cards that don't show up.  SO I'M DONE✔ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

This morning I have $3847.87 sitting on 5 gift cards. I have been told that there's 317.76 on another card that I don't have a screenshot of and there should be $150 more in bonus cards that don't show up.  SO I'M DONE✔ 

So glad to hear you are almost finished with your refund. We also got our credit card refund which officially finished us also. It’s funny since I have received all the gift card refunds I have received 2 separate emails from gift card dept. making sure that I still had all the original cards in my possession and to let them know if I needed them to reissue any new cards. It’s like I didn't reply to the first email so they sent another one, lol. But yes like you am ready to apply them to new booking for 2022, and just wait and see 🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

I will not apply them until final payment date or expiration date (3 bonus cards). Too aggravating to wait for reimbursement 

I totally agree with the waiting process, however I got the email offer to apply final payment by the end of the month in order to get another $720/off the booking so guess it's worth the frustration if we do get to sail in 2022.  I figured at this point what have I got to lose? 🤣

18 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I totally agree with the waiting process, however I got the email offer to apply final payment by the end of the month in order to get another $720/off the booking so guess it's worth the frustration if we do get to sail in 2022.  I figured at this point what have I got to lose? 🤣

I thought that discount only applied if final payment was made with new funds (via credit card), not FCCs.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I thought that discount only applied if final payment was made with new funds (via credit card), not FCCs.

I only had $200/FCC that I used toward booking, however have about $11K in Princess Gift cards to use. So for me I have nothing to lose, just applied $5,000 of gift cards to pay off the cruise in order to get the additional 10% off as well as $200/OBC. 

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I only had $200/FCC that I used toward booking, however have about $11K in Princess Gift cards to use. So for me I have nothing to lose, just applied $5,000 of gift cards to pay off the cruise in order to get the additional 10% off as well as $200/OBC. 

Sounds good.

4 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

I'm going to ask my PVP. Maybe I'll pay off my April 2022 cruise with these gift cards. (Hi, MaryR, yes its me 😁)

On 8/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ombud said:

I'm going to ask my PVP. Maybe I'll pay off my April 2022 cruise with these gift cards. (Hi, MaryR, yes its me 😁)

I forgot to come back and state the she said that promo (bonus for paying off) did not apply to any cruise with FCC on it. I upgraded my Alaska cruise anyway 

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

I forgot to come back and state the she said that promo (bonus for paying off) did not apply to any cruise with FCC on it. I upgraded my Alaska cruise anyway 

Well my cruise had $200/FCC applied to the booking prior to them sending me the email as well it was clearly on the booking when I called in to pay in full for the cruise. I made sure prior to going through all these gift card #’s that my booking was eligible for the 10% discount as well as extra $200 OBC. It went through fine and It

shows all the correct amounts with FCC, 10% discount, & extra OBC. I was told by one eep. That it had to be less than $250 FCC to be eligible, not sure if that is accurate but it worked for our cruise. 

So I guess it didn't apply in my case because I have 537FCC on it, well over that limit. If my April TA is canceled I'll have more FCC then I can use up before expiration date anyway 

16 hours ago, Ombud said:

So I guess it didn't apply in my case because I have 537FCC on it, well over that limit. If my April TA is canceled I'll have more FCC then I can use up before expiration date anyway 

If it is cancelled, the $537 will be returned to FCC status and there will be no bonus FCC added to that amount. Only get bonus on new funds applied to the cruise (including a FCD that was applied).

• Like 1

The April 2021 cruise has 3,004 FCC + $400 on it. The April 2022 cruise has 537FCC & I thought about paying it off with gift cards IF I'd get the same deal 13cheermom got but not possible