What should a new HAL CEO bring back to ships ?

rotjeknor

Now that Mr. Ashford is about to pack his infamous carton box , what should he leave behind for a new CEO, to bring back to the ships ?

I’m thinking:

books in the library ,

pianoplayers who play what we want to hear,

white seatcovers on gala night,

surf and turf,

round plates instead of those awkward rectangular plates,

the original HAL logo ( still on the Rotterdam ! ),

cruise directors,

guest speakers,

arts and crafts , ( not for me , but I know people miss it ...),

And what should he definitely not pack , but leave onboard:

Lincoln Center Stage

BB King

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Flowers on Lido tables!

I agree that Lincoln Stage Centre and BB Kings should stay.  For the Rolling Stone Rock Room just leave it on Pinnacle class ships.

Club Orange should also only be on Pinnacle Class ships.

Stop the 'Brand Ambassador' idiocy, the 'O' connection and get back to basic HAL (with the old Logo!!).

And get a good Customer Relations Manager.  Not a PR Manager that would be publicity focused but a CR Manager that is customer focused.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Flowers on Lido tables!

I agree that Lincoln Stage Centre and BB Kings should stay.  For the Rolling Stone Rock Room just leave it on Pinnacle class ships.

Club Orange should also only be on Pinnacle Class ships.

Stop the 'Brand Ambassador' idiocy, the 'O' connection and get back to basic HAL (with the old Logo!!).

And get a good Customer Relations Manager.  Not a PR Manager that would be publicity focused but a CR Manager that is customer focused.

Agree 100% and restore the Crow’s Nest.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see some type of activities on sea days.................occasional music around the pool area, HAL Cats, background music at dinner, things HAL used to do that drew me to this cruise line and made it stand out from the other lines.

• Like 8

Sure! HAL will bring back the "Old HAL."  Anything you want. 

Question is: Are you willing to pay more for it? 

PRoblem is with CArnival's stock price  showing a 75%  YTD  decline .....any new CEO will be looking to cut more services, amenities,  all the "extras" to try to financially "right the ship."

If you think a new CEO will be focused on offering more; I feel you will be disappointed. 

They do not even have the funds to process millions in refunds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

Top of my list are real enrichment and port speakers; next comes a library.

Wishes aside, I think we are unlikely to see a rewind.  With that in mind, are there any innovations you’d like to see?

Bigger variety in ( affordable) shore excursions. We took AIDA once last year ( because HAL was not in Europe in February) , they have a lot more choice , much cheaper and well organized. 
I would also like to see the return of the introduction of the officers on the second night.

• Like 1

Get some decent training going so the PCC's and reservation reps all have the same, valid, information.

No more 4 different answers from 4 reps.

Also, how about getting some decent IT people to do a usable web page.

• Like 4

I agree about restoring the Crow's Nest -- complete with Libraries.

More activities on sea days.

Bring back music in the Ocean Bar -- our last 3 cruises there wasn't any music there.  

Do away with the Loud music for entertainment.

Bring back the production shows -- one hour!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Based on current prices and cabin/cuisine/service quality, something is going to have to give for everything added/restored.  I'm pretty easy going with entertainment and amenities, even a slight price increase, but I'm not ok with cuts to food and sleep quality.  We're in our early 40's, and only know Mr. Ashford's vision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

A resounding YES! But I have been willing to pay more for years now, if it meant keeping the HAL I used to cruise on. With HAL, I know what I have, and I know all too well what I've lost. 
The company can't keep the standards it had when the cost of those standards increased, but the prices charged hold steady (or decline!). 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

PRoblem is with CArnival's stock price  showing a 75%  YTD  decline .....any new CEO will be looking to cut more services, amenities,  all the "extras" to try to financially "right the ship."

If you think a new CEO will be focused on offering more; I feel you will be disappointed. 

They do not even have the funds to process millions in refunds.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this quote.  I don't want to , but reality is what it is.  

Having said that, I also would like to see the Crows Nest returned, books in the Library again, and a return of intellectual lectures, Arts and Crafts, better / more poolside activities and production shows.  I might be just dreaming here, but maybe, just maybe, when they start up again, the execs will see the need to improve and not just cost cutting...........

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

Top of my list are real enrichment and port speakers; next comes a library.

Wishes aside, I think we are unlikely to see a rewind.  With that in mind, are there any innovations you’d like to see?

real port speakers!!!

• Like 5

Restore the Crows Nest PLEASE.....

Better options of beer

Restore the Crows Nest P L E A S E

Affordable HAL shore excursions...quit charging twice

Listen to your customers....be transparent.

One more.....bring back the lido deck BBQ's....loved those and so fun!

Edited by VacationCharlene
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

A resounding YES! But I have been willing to pay more for years now, if it meant keeping the HAL I used to cruise on. With HAL, I know what I have, and I know all too well what I've lost. 
The company can't keep the standards it had when the cost of those standards increased, but the prices charged hold steady (or decline!). 

As are we.  We used to pay about 25-30% more to sail on the Prinsendam without batting an eye.

The first order of business is figure out who they want to be, what niche of business.  Hopefully it won’t be like the past where they were chasing Carnival to the bottom.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 7