Muder Mystery Cruise

Krazy Kruizers

In 2004 the Amsterdam on the Antartic cruise had a murder mystery dinner. The dinner was held in the "Kings Room". The cruise staff and the

beverage department were the cast. It was the birthday of "Sir Reginald"

actually John Challenger CD. It was great fun. The event had a $20 charge. This was ok, all alcohol was included.

In 2001 the Royal Princess had a guest speaker from Scotland Yard, who

wrote a Mystery. We spent a week every morning at 10am, trying to solve this one.

In 2004 the Amsterdam on the Antartic cruise had a murder mystery dinner. The dinner was held in the "Kings Room". The cruise staff and the

beverage department were the cast. It was the birthday of "Sir Reginald"

actually John Challenger CD. It was great fun. The event had a $20 charge. This was ok, all alcohol was included.

I'll bet that was a blast! Shame John didn't do something similar on our Hawaii/South Pacific cruise ... especially since we had a lot of special dining room events on that sailing.

Blue skies ...

--rita

My husband and I and a couple of friends were actually on a Murder Mystery Cruise aboard the Statendam during a 10-day Transatlantic crossing back in 1994 or 1995. I didn't actually enjoy it as much as I thought I would since the ship was just too big an area for the plot to play out well. When they introduced the cast at the end of the cruise I hadn't even seen half the cast around the ship.

2bout2c's description of a murder mystery dinner on the Amsterdam in 2004 sounds much more enjoyable, and I would certainly love to try one of those.

My daughter and I went on one of those Murder Mystery Weekends in England a few years back and that was a lot of fun. We all stayed at the same hotel so it was easy to meet and interact with the actors playing the characters but an entire ship is just too big to allow for much interaction with "the suspects".

My daughter and I went on one of those Murder Mystery Weekends in England a few years back and that was a lot of fun. We all stayed at the same hotel so it was easy to meet and interact with the actors playing the characters but an entire ship is just too big to allow for much interaction with "the suspects".

I could be wrong, but I think the way these murder mystery cruises play out on ships is that not everyone onboard is signed up for the murder mystery aspect of it. It's sort of like a group sailing on a cruise open to the general public. Only the group members participate in the special events of their group ... since they probably paid extra to be with the group.

I would guess on a large ship ... especially the ones of Royal Caribbean ... the murder mystery activities would take place separately ... maybe in a special room or at meals the group would take together. So, depending on how many people were specifically registered for the murder mystery functions, it could be very intimate and fun.

I've never done one of these ... either on land or at sea ... but they do sure sound like fun.

Blue skies ...

--rita

So if the Oosterdam had a Nurder Mystery Cruise in January, I wonder why none of us heard about it?

And when those cruisers came back, no one even mentioned anything about it on these boards?

HAL should have advertised it - we would have loved to go on that cruise.

I got a brochure mailed to me from a travel agency I had used in the past. But it did not appear that the travel agency themselves were promoting the murder mystery....just advertising the cruise and to call them for prices and/or space.

Does size matter on this?:cool:

One would think all the twists and turns in the story lines it would be a benefit.. Even like Mr. Kings ...

Size of a ship you would think shall help making it harder to find clues and facts out making it that much more interesting on a 5,7,10,14 or longer voyage....

Having more crew as well passengers would accent the Mystery...

:eek:

• 5 months later...

I'm in! Why just a mystery show? How about some focus on mystery writers i.e. Nevada Barr (my latest series interest) Hillerman, Stephen White...ok I started the list...let's go. Uh could we get Russel Crowe to participate?? Just a thought :)

Blessings,

Gail

We would be there in a second. We love murder mysteries and every year in fall go to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan for a murder mystery weekend. The troupe there, Suspicious Acts, has been doing the mystery for more than 15 years and is exceptional. It is done in vintage - either the 20s, 30s or 40s and they NEVER go out of character all weekend until the mystery is over. The Detective, Lt. Riley, is absolutely fabulous, hilarious and is one of the main reasons people come back year after year. The troupe writes their own, new mystery every year. About 300 people attend the 2-1/2 days weekend -long program. This would be spectacular on a cruise ship because it would allow you to do the mystery and still enjoy the cruise, as we do the hotel and the island. If you've ever been to the Grand Hotel, you know it is sort of a "cruise ship" of its own on land, as it is all inclusive. Would love to see HAL do this.

Archived