Juneau Harbor Webcam

12 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I remember last Summer that the sockeyes that my Nephew caught had flesh that had a reddish tint.  I recently bought a can of sockeye salmon and the fish also had a reddish tint.  (And was delicious.)  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Himself said:

It is a rainy Sunday in Juneau with the Salmon jumping at the Water falls as the bears wait for a meal.

My Anchorage residing Nephew keeps telling me that Southeast gets much rain.  But, it does seem to me that Juneau has had more than its share of rain this year.  

56 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My Anchorage residing Nephew keeps telling me that Southeast gets much rain.  But, it does seem to me that Juneau has had more than its share of rain this year.  

Yes, Juneau does seem like Ketchikan.

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I believe that your nephew is right about the rain.  That pare of Alaska is  a Temperate rain forest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Alaska

Scroll down to Ecology section to read about it.  They do get lots of rain.

6A609AC3-6C35-43A3-BE5C-1427C86A9187.thumb.png.daf0261a78e5aa91753d36961e6684f5.pngAugust 26, 2015.    With family on Princess but couldn’t resist this pic.  Amsterdam or Rotterdam?   Mt Roberts in clouds when we arrived but suddenly cleared.  Hopefully Next year will  be busy again.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tamsno said:

6A609AC3-6C35-43A3-BE5C-1427C86A9187.thumb.png.daf0261a78e5aa91753d36961e6684f5.pngAugust 26, 2015.    With family on Princess but couldn’t resist this pic.  Amsterdam or Rotterdam?   Mt Roberts in clouds when we arrived but suddenly cleared.  Hopefully Next year will  be busy again.  

The Amsterdam was in Alaska in 2015......along with the Noordam, Volendam, Oosterdam, Zaandam, Westerdam, and Statendam.   The Rotterdam was in Europe.  Interesting angle on the picture.  Where was the Princess ship?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, tamsno said:

It is probably the AMSTERDAM

16 hours ago, Himself said:

It did one year about nine years ago.   It was right after they raised the pool deck with its lazy river to the navigation deck.

You are right.  Rotterdam sailed rt Seattle in the 2010 Alaska season.  The itinerary included Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, Hubbard Glacier and Victoria .  The cruise would have included a beautiful sail in among the lovely islands around Sitka and taking  a tender right into the center of town.  

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

You are right.  Rotterdam sailed rt Seattle in the 2010 Alaska season.  The itinerary included Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, Hubbard Glacier and Victoria .  The cruise would have included a beautiful sail in among the lovely islands around Sitka and taking  a tender right into the center of town.  

I recall those days well..,

17 hours ago, Himself said:

It did one year about nine years ago.   It was right after they raised the pool deck with its lazy river to the navigation deck.

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Thanks for correcting me.  I keep learning!  (Or having my memory corrected!😀)