Will you have to take off your mask to get your picture taken for your cruise card?

ontheweb

3 hours ago, momofmeg said:

That may be your idea of a joke but the reality is cruising will not be allowed  again until this pandemic is over. I do not find that funny myself.  I already had one cruise canceled and the way things are looking the next one could be canceled too.

No, we're all in the same not on the boat. We should be getting excited as our cruise would only be less than 2 weeks away.

And it was not meant as a joke, rather as a dystopian view of the future. I read these boards, so I "KNOW' that there either will never be a vaccine, or it will not be taken by 1/2 of the people. And it's maximum efficiency will be for only for a few months and that's for the at most 70% who will get any immunity from it at all. And years from now we'll all learn the horrible side effects.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, momofmeg said:

At this point I am simply hoping I get to do my trip to Scotland, England, and and Ireland in 11 months and that is not another canceled cruise because of COVID. 

Easy and great trip to do my land. 

5 hours ago, sail7seas said:

MANY  of us here had cruises cancelled and I have not  read anyone post that made them happy.

pouting about it changes nothing, 

Right. We had one canceled and we canceled two and we have an FCC that I wonder about. We're doing other things.

4 hours ago, chipmaster said:

but don't think it will be back till 2022 in any shape, nor return to the way it makes it enjoyable for me till 2023

That's pretty much the timetable I have in mind also. Next year? Way too many hurdles.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, clo said:

Are you sure about that? I have no recollection of being fingerprinted. AND Brazil no longer requires visas for US citizens.

Yes, I arrived April 2004, and people that arrived the week before I did, back took more than 6 hours to clear immigration.

But only Americans.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Yes, I arrived April 2004, and people that arrived the week before I did, back took more than 6 hours to clear immigration.

But only Americans.

Oh, 16 years ago!. Bob was working in Brazil in the 80s and very early 90s.  And we bought our place in Rio in 2008. Neither of us remember finger printing and we've never had a wait of  any significance at immigration. 

Regarding "Americans" the way it's been is tit-for-tat. Whatever the US required then Brazil did.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, ontheweb said:

No, we're all in the same not on the boat. We should be getting excited as our cruise would only be less than 2 weeks away.

And it was not meant as a joke, rather as a dystopian view of the future. I read these boards, so I "KNOW' that there either will never be a vaccine, or it will not be taken by 1/2 of the people. And it's maximum efficiency will be for only for a few months and that's for the at most 70% who will get any immunity from it at all. And years from now we'll all learn the horrible side effects.

If I leave the planet from natural causes there may  be a vaccine that will work because my goal is to live to be 100 plus.However,since that is not likely I most likely will not be around to see a vaccine that works.