Frustrating

babs135

If my travel agent can continue to send me glowing adverts for cruises why can't they at least send me an acknowledgement of receipt of my request to amend my booking?

It's two weeks since we filled out the form and we've heard nothing.  Yes, I totally understand that they are very busy but at least let us know they have received the form.  We are due to sail in October and the balance is due mid-June but we want to transfer the booking to next year before we have to pay the balance.  I suspect that we will end up cancelling and forfeiting our deposit because we don't want to give Cunard any further money at the moment.

Unbelievably, just one hour after posting the above comment we've received an email from our agent!  However, it's merely a reminder that the balance is due by the 18th June!!!!!

The lack of responses gets you down doesnt it- I have the same problem with Princess.

IF you are trying to change as per

Transferring your booking.

If you are sailing after 31 August 2020 then you can take advantage of our new flexible transfer policy (in place until 31 August 2020), but we will require notice prior to the balance due date.

This means that guests, who have a booking on a Cunard Fare or Early Saver fare, sailing after 31 August 2020, can now:

• Transfer your booking to any Cunard voyage currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a voyage of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your bookings free of charge, as we will waive the current £100 administration charge for each transfer made.

I dont see that there is a form to complete?   the one I see is only for cruises up until end August?

There is almost a month until final payment , not that you would want to wait to the last day, but still plenty time for your TA to come back to you.

I guess if you really dont want to wait you could telephone Cunard  and say you have been unable to contact your TA  and have they received notice you want to change.

FRom cunard Q&A

If your booking has been made directly with Cunard and is departing after 15 May and before 31 August, please complete this web form to cancel or transfer your booking. If your voyage is due to depart after 31 August or you wish to request a refund then please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 0300 to discuss options available to you.   

Alternatively, please make contact with your travel agent/tour operator. 

It may get better  now people can go back to work TAs have been working from home and ABTA  have said they can have more time to answer queries than before covid.

Many are working on trying to get refunds for their clients as none of the Lines seem to want to pay out.

Maybe if your cruise needs flights they have been booked separately and as it is over 12 months away your TA may have difficulty changing them.

Edited by Aulanis

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

The lack of responses gets you down doesnt it- I have the same problem with Princess.

IF you are trying to change as per

Transferring your booking.

If you are sailing after 31 August 2020 then you can take advantage of our new flexible transfer policy (in place until 31 August 2020), but we will require notice prior to the balance due date.

This means that guests, who have a booking on a Cunard Fare or Early Saver fare, sailing after 31 August 2020, can now:

• Transfer your booking to any Cunard voyage currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a voyage of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your bookings free of charge, as we will waive the current £100 administration charge for each transfer made.

I dont see that there is a form to complete?   the one I see is only for cruises up until end August?

There is almost a month until final payment , not that you would want to wait to the last day, but still plenty time for your TA to come back to you.

I guess if you really dont want to wait you could telephone Cunard  and say you have been unable to contact your TA  and have they received notice you want to change.

FRom cunard Q&A

If your booking has been made directly with Cunard and is departing after 15 May and before 31 August, please complete this web form to cancel or transfer your booking. If your voyage is due to depart after 31 August or you wish to request a refund then please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 0300 to discuss options available to you.   

Alternatively, please make contact with your travel agent/tour operator. 

It may get better  now people can go back to work TAs have been working from home and ABTA  have said they can have more time to answer queries than before covid.

Many are working on trying to get refunds for their clients as none of the Lines seem to want to pay out.

Maybe if your cruise needs flights they have been booked separately and as it is over 12 months away your TA may have difficulty changing them.

Our agent has switched their phones off so all communication is done online.  Their website has 3 choices, first one is for new bookings, second one is a cancellation form and the third one is the amend my booking form.  Unfortunately this has no option for us to say how we want to amend the booking!!  I think we might try ringing to see what if anything happens, otherwise it's a case of waiting and see if they get back to us.  We have the time yet.