Oceania Riviera Might Be Heading to Eastport Maine

SeaHunt

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

Gee, doesn't sound like anyone onboard was in a position to tell if he had Covid-19.  Thus endeth the conspiracy theory about a cover-up.  OK all you Oceania haters, back to work finding something else to complain about.

Well that was just at an early stage. Won't happen again. I am sure there will be tests available on every ship that sails in the future so we all will know right away and it will have to be reported as soon as they know. 

11 hours ago, CintiPam said:

My understanding is that there was no COVID-19 testing available onboard.  His doctor in the Puerto Rico (Mayaguez?) facility did perform testing, which took several days to confirm his diagnosis.  He had several major pre-existing conditions, including a respiratory one, but recovered without needing a respirator.  

I can no longer find the interview but recall that his symptoms could have been just as easily diagnosed as some other condition (congestive heart failure or such) as he seemed to lack either a cough or fever or some symptom that would make a diagnosis of COVID obvious. At least that is my recollection.

36 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I can no longer find the interview but recall that his symptoms could have been just as easily diagnosed as some other condition (congestive heart failure or such) as he seemed to lack either a cough or fever or some symptom that would make a diagnosis of COVID obvious. At least that is my recollection.

here you go

8 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Thanks Lyn - could have been diagnosed as simple pneumonia.

I agree

Not a doctor but have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express  😉

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, LHT28 said:

if I was  a crew member I would  be worried about getting Covid  from the locals  bringing supplies to the ship

No worry there;  supplies are brought to the ship on pallets which are off-loaded from trucks.  After they have been put on the docks, the ships' crews load them onto the ships.  Watched provisioning many times at departure ports as the supplies were brought to the pier.

34 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

No worry there;  supplies are brought to the ship on pallets which are off-loaded from trucks.  After they have been put on the docks, the ships' crews load them onto the ships.  Watched provisioning many times at departure ports as the supplies were brought to the pier.

the supplies magically load themselves on the pallets or in boxes & jump on the pallets 🙄😷

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

the supplies magically load themselves on the pallets or in boxes & jump on the pallets 🙄😷

For the trip to Maine?   Riviera still hanging around Miami.  Does not look like she is going anywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RJB said:

Maine is nice in the summer.  Hope the crew has a good time.

they will not be getting off the ship  so it will be  same old  everyday  just a different view from Miami  🙂

Just looked up Eastport on Google Maps because we used to spend one week every August pretending we were fit by vacationing on Mt. Desert Island and hiking around Acadia National Park.

Wow, Eastport looks to be about as Downeast Maine as you can get on the shore and still be in the United States rather than Canada! 

1 hour ago, CintiPam said:

Wow, Eastport looks to be about as Downeast Maine as you can get on the shore and still be in the United States rather than Canada! 

Trivia question - what is the Eastern most State of the 50 US States?

54 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Is that a trick question whose answer is Alaska?

Bingo! 😀

In fact, as you know, Alaska is the Northern most, Western most and Eastern most State while Hawaii is the Southern most.

You get 3 Big O points 😀

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

they will not be getting off the ship  so it will be  same old  everyday  just a different view from Miami  🙂

Too bad.  They should get a little free time ashore after all the months they have been cooped up on the ship.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Too bad.  They should get a little free time ashore after all the months they have been cooped up on the ship.

Yes, it is sad and crazy that they cannot get off the ship.  They have certainly been quarantined so you know they are all virus free at this point. 

14 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

Yes, it is sad and crazy that they cannot get off the ship.  They have certainly been quarantined so you know they are all virus free at this point. 

Maybe they are concerned that they can possibly bring it back to the ship?

Edited by Paulchili